Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel's "Ant-Man" Begins Principal Photography, Announces More Cast

Marvel Studios has announced the official start of "Ant-Man" principal photography, as well as new cast members including John Slattery & Judy Greer.

Full article here.

Glad it's finally getting going this week. Hopefully all the recent rockiness will have been worth it.

Glad that, despite writing out two, and losing one, they get two new actors now - or announce them at least.

Wish the roles were revealed, but maybe Judy Greer is Janet, and that's a secret and maybe CBR are right about Slattery reprising Howard Stark role.

I'm guessing Abby Ryder Fortson is Cassie.

Nice to know that it's filming in my area. There's a casting call tomorrow, so I'm wondering if I could try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    I'm guessing Abby Ryder Fortson is Cassie.
    Either that or a young Hope Van Dyne. But I think it would be Cassie as she has been confirmed for being in the movie at least.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Wood Harris- YAY

T.I.- WTF?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post
    Either that or a young Hope Van Dyne. But I think it would be Cassie as she has been confirmed for being in the movie at least.
    I suppose that's possible that she could be a young Hope. But given that Fortson seems to be the only young girl in the cast, I'd guess she's Cassie. If they were planning on doing a Young Avengers movie, that's something that would be a ways off.

Very cool that Slattery is joining, almost certainly as Howard Stark. While there have been some notable recasts with Hulk and War Machine, I don't think Marvel has done the opposite, in giving 2 roles to the same actor (not counting Paul Bettany's Vision, of course). Having Howard present seems like the perfect tie to the rest of the MCU, rather than bringing in someone like Tony or Banner.

Apparently the production schedule for this film is only one month shorter than Guardians of the Galaxy. That movie looked fantastic so I'm not too worried about the visuals. Additionally, considering that a lot of the concept and design work would have been in place prior to Wright's departure, I'm hopeful that this can at least wind up being solid entertainment.

I'm not too worried about rewrites because Marvel has historically been flexible with their scripting especially with the Iron Man films. With a cast like this and a lead like Rudd, I could imagine them giving him a lot of room to ad-lib.

It's a bummer about Wright, but I'm still hoping this one turns out good. Cool to see Wood Harris in the cast; he's really great.

I love how all of the Marvel films have a similar feel, but it's cool the way they're playing in different genres-- conspiracy and espionage (Captain America), epic fantasy (Thor), space opera (Guardians), and now we can add a heist/crime movie to that list.

If they make T.I. Bill Foster, I swear...
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Nick Fury, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Who is T.I. and would Bill not be a good addition to the film, and the MCU? Sure, Yellowjacket, Ant-Men are bound to be at the center, maybe Hope as well. Doubt it'd be too stuffed, even if it might feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Who is T.I. and would Bill not be a good addition to the film, and the MCU? Sure, Yellowjacket, Ant-Men are bound to be at the center, maybe Hope as well. Doubt it'd be too stuffed, even if it might feel that way.
    A lousy rapper. And I love Bill Foster and making this guy him would be almost as much of a crime as aging Hank and killing off Janet.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Nick Fury, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

A lousy rapper. And I love Bill Foster and making this guy him would be almost as much of a crime as aging Hank and killing off Janet.
    Ah, but just because he's bad at that, doesn't mean he wouldn't be good at this. Might have an extra layer to him when it comes to acting, be it Bill or not. Has happened, I'd say, with other singers before.

On the other hand, if Wood Harris is Bill Foster, that would be awesome.

So… not a crime at all?