Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Cinar Constructs a "Superior Iron Man"

"Superior Iron Man" artist Yildiray Cinar tells CBR what it's like bringing to life an egomaniacal Tony Stark and his new silver battle suit.

Full article here.

ugh. more "superior" crap? can't we leave that with spidey? even the person who picked the pictures title the last picture "Tony Starks gets a new suit, a new city and a new outlook in "Superior Spider-Man" #1"

Quote Originally Posted by genixx View Post
    ugh. more "superior" crap? can't we leave that with spidey? even the person who picked the pictures title the last picture "Tony Starks gets a new suit, a new city and a new outlook in "Superior Spider-Man" #1"
    You realize that they're simply using the "Superior" title, right? There's nothing to "leave" with Spidey because this is completely different.

I'm really happy that Yildiray Cinar is getting a big break. I haven't been interested in Iron Man for quite a few years but this looks good.

So Stark is returning to his Civil War personality with silver armor? What is the big deal? He already has the hubris and ego meters bouncing off the pegs

So, did Tony consult Apple when he was designing this armor?

I'm interested to see where this goes. The art's amazing and Tom Taylor is a hell of a writer. I remember one interview saying bringing Tony back this far will show how far he's come as a character. So I wanna see how they are going to play with that and him butting heads with Daredevil sounds awesome.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-20-2014 at 12:14 AM.
    "You're intel should have warned us he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy. That's not just "one man" That's TONY FREAKING STARK! COBRA

.....I actually like the new suit. Think looks very snazzy. However, outside of Avengers never really been an Iron Man fan. This title will have to be doing something very big for me to be drawn in.

But I do love that new suit.....

The costumes pretty neat until the helmet retracts.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    You realize that they're simply using the "Superior" title, right? There's nothing to "leave" with Spidey because this is completely different.
    i realize this is different then what happened with Spidey. except for the fact that they take a good character..turn them into a DB for a year or so..
    however, i was just referring to the title "superior". ..we've had Superior .. spiderman, carnage, spideman teamup .. superior foes of spiderman, was a reference to Superior Venom.. and im sure i might be missing some.

good lookin armor

The design looks very good but I'd like to see another color added to the suit. Maybe a trace of blue or royal purple. I'm still leery of dragging Tony's character through all this muck again but I'll see how it plays out.
    "Welcome to the show my friends where the story never ends!"

It's meant to be all the characters in Axis get their moral traits turned upside down, effectively making them their worst nightmare. It shows how Marvel view Tony that to them that is "going back to how he used to be." More like, "going back to how we've wrongly portrayed him in the last eight years."

I'll buy the first issue out of curiosity and to confirm what it is. No matter how its sold, I'm not interested in what sounds like a villainous Tony Stark. To add insult to injury there's that headband...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I think what they're trying to say is that if the creation of Iron Man hadn't coincided with such a massively life- and worldview-altering event as it did in canon, the "Superior Iron Man" is what we could've gotten instead of the deeply flawed yet ultimately heroic character Iron Man actually is. A Tony Stark who didn't have that life-changing experience would still be an egotistical douchebag, but he wouldn't have the heart of gold to compensate; rather, he would take that basic trait he's always had of wanting to change the world into something he can leave behind as his legacy beyond any "trivial" concerns of ethics or human dignity or what-not because as far as he's concerned, he's shaping the future, and anybody who objects is just an outdated relic (or soon will be). Also, it's not so much that they get their moral traits completely turned upside down as that there are basic elements of their personalities and backgrounds and even if you keep those intact and unchanged, there's still room for them to have gone down a path that makes them into different characters from how we know them. Just my take, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Does anyone think hell ever fall off the wagon again?