Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default First look at Paul Rudd as "Ant-Man's" Scott Lang

Marvel has released a first look from the San Francisco set of "Ant-Man" that features Paul Rudd as the film's protagonist, Scott Lang.

Full article here.

I like the tone this sets for the character.

Hmmmm, it'll be interesting to see how this visual tone lines up with what will surely be a comedic piece.

Wow when I first looked at that, I saw Russel Crowe.

I'm definitely pumped for Ant-Man, and can't wait to see more stills.

Bad boy thug. Looks pretty different than I expected.
    'I will shed all of this skin to the very bone beneath it, if that's what it will take for you to come to the realisation that appearance is not what makes a human beautiful'

This... does not hurt my optimism. : )
    Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

He's wearing a hood; that's soo suspicious. *eyeroll*

Looks like he wandered onto the set of the recent Godzilla movie.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Carol Danvers' Mentor Project Initiative Cascada's Avatar

There's not much to go off of there. Rudd is always adorable though.
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 08-19-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Cool! I'm optimistic. I think Rudd is a good choice for Scott Lang, I'm just not sold on Douglas as Hank Pym... I still wish he was the center or a younger version. Having Douglas play him means he will likely not get in on much action. Even then, what would be most disappointing would be the lack of Janet Van Dyne/Wasp... but I feel like they are going to go with something like Janet and Hank were together and in love, but she is (aged/missing/dead or otherwise out of the picture), and Evangeline Lilly is their love-child who becomes Wasp and later falls in love with Scott Lang. And/or Corey Stoll/Yellowjacket was Janet's lover/husband and the one who takes on the "mentally unstable" aspect of Hank Pym... (because god forbid a hero has a mental illness) ...and we lose a lot of the depth to Hank Pym. I dunno. They may keep a lot of the source material intact after all, but I just wish Hank and Janet were of the same age and vitality as the rest of the Avengers. They're IMPORTANT, dammit!

On a more positive note - there ARE a lot of really talented people in this film, however. Douglas and Rudd are of course both charming and have range... Lilly can hold her own... but then you throw in some great character actors with Michael Peña, Corey Stoll (who wasn't listed in this article), Judy Greer, Bobby Cannavale (who is fantastic –*please give him a lot to work with)... And the fact that John Slattery is cast in this one points to the return of (elder) Howard Stark... curious!

The T.I. casting does confuse me though... don't know what a rapper is doing in an Ant-Man film.

Quote Originally Posted by daredeville View Post
    The T.I. casting does confuse me though... don't know what a rapper is doing in an Ant-Man film.
    T.I. has been getting acting roles for years. His scope is a bit limited but he's not bad at what he does. I wager he'll be connected to Lang's life before his heroic turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Looks like he wandered onto the set of the recent Godzilla movie.
    Aaron Taylor-Johnson?

Am happy with this picture, bar Scotts' hair. Good colour, like that it's all official, part of the film and all. Moody, but relatively colourful. Wonder has he stolen Hanks' gear at that stage, or there something else in that bag?

Hopefully see more in time to come.

The title is a bit misleading. Shouldn't it read: "First look at Paul Rudd as beat-up homeless guy"
    Currently Reading: Hawkeye, Loki, Mighty Avengers, She-Hulk, Superior Foes, Jupiter's Legacy, Rat Queens & Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by daredeville View Post
    T.I has acted in a couple movies before. T.I could be a fence for the stolen goods Lang gets. Wu Tang Clan's Ghostface Killah was in Iron Man due to him being a fan of the character.

A little disappointed it wasn't a costume picture but as long as those things on his eyebrows are not antennae, we should be okay.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik