Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Agents of SHIELD" Looks to Rebuild in Season Two

Jeph Loeb, Jeffrey Bell, showrunners Maurissa Tancharoen & Jed Whedon and star Clark Gregg talk the new challenges facing "Agents of SHIELD."

Full article here.

In all these articles and cast pictures, etc. of AoS, where the hell is Triplett??? He needs to be officially and permanently joining the cast. More likable than Ward from the start, smart, quick witted, versatile, has ties to the MCU history... Please tell me he's coming back on the regular and let Ward go to traitor prison. The weak characters, even after being much improved with plot twists, are Ward and Skye. Get rid of SkyeWard and keep Triplett. He's interesting and cool enough on his own to replace both of them. And he was betrayed by his commander and stated his dedication to Coulson's cause. Keep him on the team!

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Jeph Loeb, Jeffrey Bell, showrunners Maurissa Tancharoen & Jed Whedon and star Clark Gregg talk the new challenges facing "Agents of SHIELD."

Full article here.
    It's too late.The show lost momentum based on a bad premise to begin with and needs to go. Launch Deathlok NOW! if in the above comment Triplett is the little fat guy agent then forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    It's too late.The show lost momentum based on a bad premise to begin with and needs to go. Launch Deathlok NOW! if in the above comment Triplett is the little fat guy agent then forget about it.
    If you're talking about the Deathlok that was portrayed on the show, no thanks. Found him really boring.

I think you're thinking of Patton Oswalt. I could take him or leave him. I am more curious about him and his dupes than I am about Skye's secret identity.

Triplett was the agent that joined Coulson's team after Garrett and Ward revealed their Hydra allegiances.

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia...toine_Triplett
    Last edited by malreyn; 08-19-2014 at 02:52 PM.

The Man Known as Goggin Goggindowner's Avatar

I legitimately looking forward to seeing where this series goes now. Midway through the first season I had all but written it off, but that was a pretty solid finish that left me wanting more.

And I agree, Triplett would make an excellent permanent addition to the team.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later.
    -Mitch Hedberg

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
    -George Carlin

When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.
    -Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by malreyn View Post
    If you're talking about the Deathlok that was portrayed on the show, no thanks. Found him really boring.

I think you're thinking of Patton Oswalt. I could take him or leave him. I am more curious about him and his dupes than I am about Skye's secret identity.

Triplett was the agent that joined Coulson's team after Garrett and Ward revealed their Hydra allegiances.

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia...toine_Triplett
    Actually remember Deathlok doesn't have to be one guy so any permutation of the Rogue super soldier program would work. Thanks for the Triplett info. Probably an episode I missed. Patton Oswalt was a waste of time,but I agree the Skye crap was drivel.Of course when we say Patton O over Skye it only proves how boring the show really was. I say move on and leave the Whedons behind.I think you've created a new GG Rabbi Raccoon. Cool!
    Last edited by alton; 08-19-2014 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by malreyn View Post
    In all these articles and cast pictures, etc. of AoS, where the hell is Triplett??? He needs to be officially and permanently joining the cast. More likable than Ward from the start, smart, quick witted, versatile, has ties to the MCU history... Please tell me he's coming back on the regular and let Ward go to traitor prison. The weak characters, even after being much improved with plot twists, are Ward and Skye. Get rid of SkyeWard and keep Triplett. He's interesting and cool enough on his own to replace both of them. And he was betrayed by his commander and stated his dedication to Coulson's cause. Keep him on the team!
    I'm glad to see that this is bothering someone else too. I loved Triplett and really want to see so much more of him in this second season (and would not mind seeing much less of Ward). But not having him in any of the publicity for the new season worries me. He better still be on the team and not written off doing missions for SHIELD for most of the season.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

When in fact, SHIELD gained momentum later in the season, ending in some great episodes. That and how it tied into Cap TWS made it terrific fun. Can't wait for bit to return.

I really hope Tripp is not victim to on screen briefs cameos cause he was better than ward in my book

Formerly rsreed13 robreedwrites's Avatar

Glad to see I'm not the only one wondering where Triplett is. I really enjoyed the back half of the first Season and I hope Season 2 continues from there rather than doing the whole "monster-of-the-week" that was the first half of Season 1.

Did you even watch the show? I ask since you think it somehow lost momentum and can't even name the fat white guy from the fit black guy.
    Original Join Date: Oct 2005

Really looking forward to the second season. The first one really picked up towards the end. I think it was just a matter of setting it up so that it really felt like it was part of the MCU. Having guest stars like Sif really helped. I think the ongoing plot with Sky and Deathlok have a lot of potential. Plus, Coulson being the head of SHIELD is just too awesome for words. It'll be nice knowing that there's something on TV other than football that I can look forward to.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Seems pretty clear- fans like Tripp! I agree, he was more interesting and likeable in his appearances than most of the main cast! Have him as a core character!

I cannot believe Bell just stated ""We don't have to work as hard for you to care......Now we can rely a little bit on that goodwill."- WTF kind of attitude is that!? You have to double down! The only thing that go this show through to the mid season is the "goodwill" marvel fans wanted to give! (And the fact that it can function as advertising for the movies)

Honestly, I have never read any comments from the show runners that made me gain confidence in them to create a great show, or even that they "get it". I have to think that this show is suffering from the Whedon nepotism.

Looking for The Massive afrocarter's Avatar

I'm gonna hold off on any judgement until the season is underway. I will say, however, that the fact that no Marvel movies are scheduled for during the season is a good thing IMO. Let the show find -- and build upon -- its own niche!

Quote Originally Posted by Mummra the ever living View Post
    The only thing that go this show through to the mid season is the "goodwill" marvel fans wanted to give! (And the fact that it can function as advertising for the movies).
    Sorry, but a) Marvel fans are way too tiny a demographic to have any real influence on teh success of a tv show and b) those were the guys that generally didn't like the show anyway.
    Amy: Have you ever run away from something because you were scared, or not ready, or just... just because you could?
    The Doctor: Once. A long time ago.
    Amy: What happened?
    The Doctor: [gestures to himself] Hello!