Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default X-POSITION: Guggenheim Takes "X-Men" For a Space Adventure

Marc Guggenheim joins X-POSITION to discuss his "X-Men" arc that brings back Deathbird and the Sidri, taking the team into outer space.

Full article here.

Rachel always was a big deal when in space, hopefully she remains a big deal when they get back.

OMG MOAR CIPHER Guggs!!!
    Gives us closure!!!
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

His current seems to be going in the right direction.

I wasn't very optimistic when I heard he was taking over, but I enjoyed his first issue as much as I did Wood's first. Hope he gets an extended stay on the title.

Did he just describe Jubes as the rookie of the group? *Fangirl rage face....GRRRR!*

She was kicking ninja butt at the age of thirteen. Psylocke vouched for her skills before she was even in her X-training uniform. She single-handedly outwitted Emplate twice in GenX (when even Emma and Sean were stumped) and she's the "youngster"?!

This does not look good - hopefully she isn't going to be the bloody inept comic relief. Don't let me down Guggenheim, you started so well.

At least his getting a five issue run - wasn't it just four at the start? I like his take on the other characters, especially Rachel. Hopefully Marvel will keep him on. I'd love to see him write a Jeen/Rachel arch.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 08-19-2014 at 03:25 PM.
    The current X-motto? Too busy fighting each other - to fight for a dream.
    Branches and Roots - My mystery/sci-fi X-fic.

So Jubilee doesn't have her powers. Those plasma bursts were an artistic mistake no one at Marvel caught. *sigh* I'm disappointed.

Guggenheim seems to have a genuine love for the X-Men, not to mention being a good writer. I can't believe Marvel didn't try to hold onto such a person for as long as possible.
    Why? Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

I am glad they have Guggenheim writing this.

o

Out w/the old in w/the.. NewMutant's Avatar

I hate when Marvel introduces a new writer and its for a single story arc. That's a guest/fill in writer not a new writer.

Now that was a great X-pos. It would be a shame to only get five issues from Guggenheim.
    DIS GUY MUST BE A ALIEN OR SUTIN - gerybaboona

This arc seems like it's gonna be memorable

I miss the sidri!

As I read the article, I think the all female x-men should be turned into a tv series! It would be awesome to see these x-women in action.
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else. - Halle Berry as Storm"

Ongoing solo, Storm #1: 7/23/2014
    Ongoing solo, Squirrel Girl #1: January 2015

Try Project Black Sky (Dark Horse): Blackout, Brain Boy, Captain Midnight, Ghost, The Occultist, Skyman & X

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm, Hollow, Apocalypse, Squirrel Girl, Wolverine, Darkhawk, Superboy-Prime, Larfleeze, Static, Lady Shiva & X

Vinnie Jones is Dead! TheContentBloke's Avatar

That guy who killed Banshee and was last seen going at it with Black Bolt, er, what's his name?

Anyway, he's still out there in the great black void somewhere. I hope they bump into him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheContentBloke View Post
    That guy who killed Banshee and was last seen going at it with Black Bolt, er, what's his name?

Anyway, he's still out there in the great black void somewhere. I hope they bump into him.
    Storm and Rachel on full-space mode would be a great match for Vulcan. Psylocke, Jubes and M can just eat popcorn and watch the show!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I miss the sidri!

As I read the article, I think the all female x-men should be turned into a tv series! It would be awesome to see these x-women in action.
    Only way that would work is on HBO with a massive Game of Thrones type budget honed in on only a small cast. I would love to see a serious X-Men television show or maxi series though, it really is the only way to properly translate the comics to screen. The movies have messed it all up.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!