Super Moderator

Default Vidaurri Gets The Cauldron Roiling With "Jim Henson's The Storyteller: Witches"

"Iron: Or, The War After" creator S.M. Vidaurri discusses his folktale fusion contribution to the upcoming witch-themed "Jim Henson's The Storyteller."

Full article here.

Weirdly I never saw The Storyteller, nor even heard of it. Not even such a huge Henson fan either beyond the Muppetshow (never read Dark Crystal or Labyrinth) and yet this has me interested somehow. The second issue is drawn by Kyla Vanderklugt which is probably what drew me in. Anyway; gonna give it a shot, the preview art here looks gorgeous and I like the lil' story about how turning someone into a berry could end gruesomely.
    October 2014 favourite: Jim Henson's Storyteller: Witches. Confession time: I never saw the Storyteller. Didn't even know of it, just tried this mini out for the artists involved.Luckily familiarity is unnecessary, just delicate fairy tales it seems. Issue #1 is a gorgeously water-coloured, almost picture book-esque experience. Lush lettering too. Not even sure I'd call it a comic per se, but it really wowed me. And the Kyla Vanderklugt and Jeff Stokely issues are still to come! (By Archaia).