Super Moderator

Default Vidaurri Gets The Cauldron Roiling With "Jim Henson's The Storyteller: Witches"

"Iron: Or, The War After" creator S.M. Vidaurri discusses his folktale fusion contribution to the upcoming witch-themed "Jim Henson's The Storyteller."

Full article here.

Weirdly I never saw The Storyteller, nor even heard of it. Not even such a huge Henson fan either beyond the Muppetshow (never read Dark Crystal or Labyrinth) and yet this has me interested somehow. The second issue is drawn by Kyla Vanderklugt which is probably what drew me in. Anyway; gonna give it a shot, the preview art here looks gorgeous and I like the lil' story about how turning someone into a berry could end gruesomely.
    September 2014 favourite: Night of the Living Vidiots. Collection of shorts I picked up on a whim. Cynical, humourous stories, with rather blunt social commentary that feels somewhat similar to Adventure Time, but with swearing. Humanity having mech vs. kaiju battles with nature itself, a zombie apocalypse of mindless consumers with TVs for faces, & underage drinking are amongst the attractions here. (By Andy Ristaino; self-published, looks like it was Kickstarted, his site is called Skronked)