Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Death of Wolverine #2

It's the story that has the whole world talking, and today Marvel is proud to officially unveil your first look at DEATH OF WOLVERINE #2 - the second chapter of the blockbuster four-issue event beginning in September! Witness the end of the best there is at what he does, as he makes his valiant last stand against scores of deadly foes.

Superstar creators Charles Soule & Steve McNiven unite to take Wolverine back to the choked and claustrophobic streets of Madripoor, as the once indestructible killing machine paints the town red! And a deal gone wrong that sends an injured Wolverine into a battle he can't hope to win! But who's pulling the strings? Among the perilous streets of the world's most dangerous city stalks a villain who seeks Wolverine's head - and has some interesting plans on how to claim it!

Each issue of Death of Wolverine is oversized and features stunning Weapon Etched Holo Foil cover treatment. Exclusively crafted for this series, each foil-wrapped issue of Death of Wolverine is poised to leap off comic shop shelves come September!

Time is running out for the Wolverine. The epic end of the world's most famous X-Man is upon us, and no fan can afford to miss out on the spectacular DEATH OF WOLVERINE #2 when it hits comic shops and digital devices in September!

Full preview here.

BANNED

Nice cover. Always liked this artist.

Still no Kitty but Iron Man's mask? At least this has a decent cast of characters.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

I really think Marvel is really overestimating the impact this story will have on pop culture at large.

Frankly, i'm more invested in Morrison's Multiversity. By a large margin.

I'll pass thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    Still no Kitty but Iron Man's mask? At least this has a decent cast of characters.
    Kitty and him broke ties. It makes sense for her not to show up since she can't trust him. (Trust is a one way issue with kitty)

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Kitty and him broke ties. It makes sense for her not to show up since she can't trust him. (Trust is a one way issue with kitty)
    One way to the top! We know she's on issue three's proper cover so she's probably be involved then. Plus, if Sabretooth gets involved, she was there the last time Sabretooth and Wolverine fought.

I'm thinking the guy with the beard and sunglasses is Logan undercover. The band-aid on the face and wraps on his hands make it seem like it could be him, since he's sans healing factor.

And the art looks phenomenal at least. I'll be checking this out as I do want to see how they send Wolverine out. Beyond that I don't much care for anything coming up from Marvel to be honest. Except for X-Force. Which rocks.

I'm just hoping it isn't a death that can easily be undone. Like Sabretooth just throwing him over a cliff and into some deep water and Logan's breathing bubbles stop and that's how the series ends.

Make it something like his neck gets broken and Sabretooth kicks his head down a street and puts the body into the fire.

Even that can be undone. Just have Weapon X regrow him from his DNA or something. Then he's back to original status quo where he has no memory of his previous life.

This is comic books, man. Any death can be undone. No matter how greusome or thorough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Even that can be undone. Just have Weapon X regrow him from his DNA or something. Then he's back to original status quo where he has no memory of his previous life.
    To me it is not interesting. This degradation.

That's some amazing art and with Soule writing it I might just have to check it out.
    DIS GUY MUST BE A ALIEN OR SUTIN - gerybaboona

Yeah he is going to be back, mindless soulless and no memory

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    I'm just hoping it isn't a death that can easily be undone. Like Sabretooth just throwing him over a cliff and into some deep water and Logan's breathing bubbles stop and that's how the series ends.

Make it something like his neck gets broken and Sabretooth kicks his head down a street and puts the body into the fire.
    I hope your favorite characters don't get slaughtered.

WTF
    F man coming into this preview and spouting this bullshit. That's poor form.

So is he dead already? Does he die during this series and or at the end of the current nonsense run?
    "You'll let me know when his revolution starts."