Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default CBR TV: Humberto Ramos Talks Slott, Silk and "Amazing Spider-Man"

Fan-favorite artist Humberto Ramos spoke to CBR in San Diego about the comics he grew up with, working with Dan Slott and creating new characters.

Full article here.

She's gonna be a main character in the Spider-Man Universe from now on
    I don't know what to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    I don't know what to believe.
    Just like Carlie Cooper. I think it's the order of business. Out with the old and in with the new. And the creation of new characters by Slott will ensure he gets a huge royalities if they are successful. I would rather see Black Widow and Spider-Woman in Spider-Man's world. But it seems that Silk is going to replace the Black Cat as his new partner because Slott wants to make a name for himself, long after his run on Spider-Man has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Just like Carlie Cooper. I think it's the order of business. Out with the old and in with the new. And the creation of new characters by Slott will ensure he gets a huge royalities if they are successful. I would rather see Black Widow and Spider-Woman in Spider-Man's world. But it seems that Silk is going to replace the Black Cat as his new partner because Slott wants to make a name for himself, long after his run on Spider-Man has ended.
    Spider-Woman is getting her own monthly. Black Widow has her own series, and ties to the Avengers.

It's not Slott's fault Marvel doesn't want either character limited to Spider-Man's supporting cast.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Idk man, I can't shake this feeling that silk is going to die in spider-verse to pull on heart strings, or because Peter isn't allowed happiness for more than a month at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Spider-Woman is getting her own monthly. Black Widow has her own series, and ties to the Avengers.

It's not Slott's fault Marvel doesn't want either character limited to Spider-Man's supporting cast.
    That's not what I really meant. It was more of the idea of a reoccurring guest spot(not as a supporting cast)that could be its own alternate to the Black Cat. It would be cool to see the Black Widow and Spider-Woman with ties to Peter Parker as their friend in the same manner as Black Cat. What bothered me was that it would nice to see some of Spider-Man's rogue galleries transferred unto Jessica and Natasha's own. While Jessica will have Silk to deal with, she should also get the Jackal, Morbius, Mr. Negative, and Madam Web. The Black Widow should get Cardiac, Solo, and Chance as her allies, and rogue characters like Styx & Stone, who have not been seen since the 1990's.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    Idk man, I can't shake this feeling that silk is going to die in spider-verse to pull on heart strings, or because Peter isn't allowed happiness for more than a month at a time.
    I have a feeling that things will fix itself once the people responsible for OMD have left the buildings. Right now, they are in charge. So it might take a long time to see some crawl back.

BANNED

Has it been explained why Cindy Moon/Silk knows Peter's identity as Spider-Man due the the mind block thing in OMIT?

Because I'm just assuming that Cindy saw him unmask during the Civil War in her bunker and that same bunker shielded her from Doctor Strange's magic and etc. that caused the mind wipe of Peter's identity.

I have no problem with creators making new characters with the goal of getting them to be major stars in the book. It's called ambition. Hope everyone gives this Silk a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    I have no problem with creators making new characters with the goal of getting them to be major stars in the book. It's called ambition. Hope everyone gives this Silk a chance.
    The thing about Silk is that her powers are similar to Julia Carpenter, as well as the Ultimate Universe Jessica Drew. She does like like a younger version of Psylocke's Asian body, Kwannon....

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    Has it been explained why Cindy Moon/Silk knows Peter's identity as Spider-Man due the the mind block thing in OMIT?
    Ezekiel probably told her.

The thing about Silk is that her powers are similar to Julia Carpenter, as well as the Ultimate Universe Jessica Drew. She does like like a younger version of Psylocke's Asian body, Kwannon....
    They're all spider-people, it kinda makes sense if they have similar power sets.

They're all spider-people, it kinda makes sense if they have similar power sets.
    The point is that it's more of the same.

I think people are worried she'll be like Carlie Cooper. The character derailment and assassination of Black Cat doesn't help much.

And yet, no one wants Jessica Drew to be a part of Spider-Man's world, along with the Black Widow.