Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default THE WORTHY: Which Woman Will be Thor?

Writer Jason Aaron has dropped hints that we have already met the lady who will wield Mjolnir in the pages of the new "Thor" - we present some worthy candidates.

Full article here.

It's almost certainly Frigg, the oldest of Thor's granddaughters. She's got the blonde hair, and she's a creation of Jason Aaron himself.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    It's almost certainly Frigg, the oldest of Thor's granddaughters. She's got the blonde hair, and she's a creation of Jason Aaron himself.
    Having pondered this since it was announced, I'm inclined to agree with you. At least,that's who I'm hoping for. Frigg is also shown wielding Stormbreaker, so she's shown to have some sort of worthiness already. I think she would make for a very interesting character and regardless of how long it lasts with the hammer, she would be good to have around the MU. I imagine the first time Cap and Iron Man are talking to Thor and she shows up calling him "Grandpa" will be pretty hilarious.

Jane doesn't make sense since she's been pretty adamant about not using any magic to help her. Sif and Valkyrie are their own characters and I think should stay that way. Frigga is in charge of Asgard and it would be the equivalent of Odin, while on the throne, deciding to be an Earth hero, just doesn't make sense. And Roz... well, I think she will serve a much better role by helping Unworthy Thor.

BANNED

There is only one woman who has been able to hold Mjolnir and use it, and she's not on the list. And yes, I know she doesn't look anything like what we've seen from the new Thor, but she should be on the list as a mere courtesy to continuity.

Why does it have to be an already established character? Can't it be someone new?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Why does it have to be an already established character? Can't it be someone new?
    Because according to the article, it's an existing character. Though there's no source provided for that.

Quote Originally Posted by rauj13 View Post
    Because according to the article, it's an existing character. Though there's no source provided for that.
    And that is the writer's decision to use an existing character but I want to know why. Why use someone with an already existing history in the superhero community? Create someone new. Get a perspective of the superhero through fresh eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by rauj13 View Post
    In previous interviews, Aaron has indicated that it's someone who's appeared in his run already, which would also exclude Valkyrie.

I think it's a safe bet that it's either (a) Jane Foster, (b) Thor's granddaughter with the blond hair, or (c) Roz the SHIELD agent.

Too bad it's not Tarene. oh well.

My money is on Jane Foster for sure. I also think the secret that made Thor unworthy will relate to Jane's cancer, perhaps that Thor caused it.

Considering how long Sif's been in Thor's shadow - and how often he's taken her for granted - it would be kind of ironic justice to have her wielding the Hammer for a change. It probably won't be her, but I'd enjoy it if it was.

Maybe it's Sue Richards... I'm joking (kinda) but she did toss the hammer from him with force fields when Thor was getting on her nerves...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Too bad it's not Tarene. oh well.
    Yeah, exactly. Is she still twiddling her thumbs up in North Dakota or wherever it was the 50 State Initiative dropped her? I can't recall seeing her since post-Civil War.
    "You can talk your way out of almost anything." - Fortune Cookie Proverb

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

What no Thor Girl option?

Total waste of a unique character, but where are Angela and Carol Danvers?