Super Moderator

Default Anderson Cooper Files a Special Report on Edmondson's "Black Widow"

Nathan Edmondson discusses "Black Widow's" guest stars including Anderson Cooper, who alerts the world and the Avengers to Natasha's solo exploits.

Full article here.

I'm more interested about X23's appearance than I am about Anderson Cooper if I'm honest.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'm more interested about X23's appearance than I am about Anderson Cooper if I'm honest.
    I'm feeling the same. Especially with Noto's art. That said, I think the Anderson Cooper guest star is not a bad idea for the book to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I'm feeling the same. Especially with Noto's art. That said, I think the Anderson Cooper guest star is not a bad idea for the book to have.
    Yeah, I'm not against the idea itself it's fine, I just don't care about Cooper appearing in it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Same here for me it would also connect back to X-23's previous solo.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

It doesn't matter that he's appearing in this book to me; the same with the other upcoming guest stars. What matters is if the issue will be good or not and judging by the rest of the comic up until now, it's a pretty safe bet it'll be good. Black Widow hasn't let me down yet.

This is such an exceptional run and really worthy of Natasha. It does make me slightly anxious though when I see real world people appearing in comics. There's just something jarring about them being there in the first place, and then the odd characterization they usually get. Edmondson is a very smart writer though, so I hope he can pull it off without it seeming lame.

Quote Originally Posted by xavkoenig View Post
    This is such an exceptional run and really worthy of Natasha. It does make me slightly anxious though when I see real world people appearing in comics. There's just something jarring about them being there in the first place, and then the odd characterization they usually get. Edmondson is a very smart writer though, so I hope he can pull it off without it seeming lame.
    Yeah, but I think as long as Cooper's just there to give a news report it'll be harder to mess up. A story about Natasha going "public" with or without her permission is an interesting idea, since it's always been kind of odd she is this famous Avenger with no secret identity and also a secret agent on secret missions. How much people really know about her is a question I've had for a while; it's been handled really inconsistently. I also like that it means a likely status quo shift for the book. A lot of what the first arc did was set up Natasha's world and character and the villains she's been chasing in this second story are still mysterious. But it's good to see the promise of real consequences upcoming.

Anyway, yay for more issues. I think it's pretty cool we're getting 12 issues from the same creative team with no major gaps in the scheduling, and more to come with more Noto art, hopefully.

I'm also really looking forward to the X-23 issue.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Natasha should just eye roll Anderson point out he interned for the C.I.A. b4 becoming a talking point for controlled media. I hope he gets Wolverine for his next interview before he crokes.

So this must be coming out in December right? Because Black Widow isn't even solicited in November.
    And perhaps you should be silent Wolverine some of us are weary of hearing your gravelly little voice hour after endless hour. Cyclops leads the x-men my friend. We need no one else. If that does not satisfy you, perhaps you should be the one to leave. - Storm (X-Men #106)

This is for November, they just wanted to do a special announcement for it. I believe the issue will be released 11/19.