Super Moderator

Default Emily Carroll Walks "Through the Woods"

The cartoonist talks about her new book of short comics, planning out print vs digital comics and the appeal of creating - and experiencing - horror stories.

Full article here.

Picked this book up a while ago, it looks absolutely stunning (as expected). Very nicely put together, would recommend it to anyone with even a vague inclination towards the horror genre. At the very least check out Carroll's website, bunch of free comics to read there which nicely utilise the format of being viewed in a web browser.
    October 2014 favourite: Jim Henson's Storyteller: Witches. Confession time: I never saw the Storyteller. Didn't even know of it, just tried this mini out for the artists involved.Luckily familiarity is unnecessary, just delicate fairy tales it seems. Issue #1 is a gorgeously water-coloured, almost picture book-esque experience. Lush lettering too. Not even sure I'd call it a comic per se, but it really wowed me. And the Kyla Vanderklugt and Jeff Stokely issues are still to come! (By Archaia).