Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Evangeline Lilly Reveals Wasp-like "Ant-Man" Hairstyle

"Ant-Man" star Evangeline Lilly has revealed two photos from the first day of shooting, including a good look at her character's Wasp-like hairstyle.

Full article here.

I don't exactly see how that's all that short of a hairstyle, but I do see how it is shorter than Lillys' usual hair, from what I saw in Comic-Con panels. I just want to chop a large chunk of it off, myself, so that it stops at middle of her cheek.

Very black, but think mostly the light, as front seems more brunette.

Also, douibt a few will be happy with second picture, though I will say it could just be that Scott and Hope are friends, getting to know each other, reminescing about their lifes' foibles - know it's just Paul and Evangeline, but just to link it somewhat, and explain possible context.

WHat a tease D;
    'Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light'

Love it! She looks great!!

I don't see why they couldn't have used Janet in here... but I guess Hope is meant to be Janet's daughter by Hank... but Janet has the best personality -- and unique among Marvel characters and superhero films in general.. I just wish they'd utilize her.. :/
    Daredevil fan / founder of former SHSO Card Thread

Daredevil / Fatale / Saga / Black Science / Fables ...

We want Jan!!!
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Nick Fury, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Yeah, breaks my heart we'll never have Hank and Jan alongside the Avengers in the way we think typically. They better sure as hell include enough flashback material with young Hank and Jan in the 60's so the classic Ant Man fans get something juicy.

Will Hope Van Dyne be a fashion designer? I like that Janet Van Dyne has a career, but is not a scientific genius, or a lawyer. The fashion design talent also provides a convenient, character based means of updating an Avenger costume that gets stale.

If they decide to give her a career in fashion, they'll likely make her a mogul a la "Devil Wears Prada" rather than a designer. (but somehow I think they'll make her a scientist just to keep her more directly involved with the plot)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    We want Jan!!!
    You can't have her.

I called Hope as being MCU's Wasp analogue in the place of her mother, and viola.
    If she looks like Janet and acts like Janet, does it really matter if her first name is Hope?
    ☆*・゜゚・* Carnage sucks *・゜゚・*☆

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    I called Hope as being MCU's Wasp analogue in the place of her mother, and viola.
    If she looks like Janet and acts like Janet, does it really matter if her first name is Hope?
    Understood, but using the same logic, why not just call her Jan?

BANNED

Because she's Jan's daughter.

She looks great for "Wasp". Still, I will never not be pissed that they fridged Jan for whatever reason they felt was necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Why not just use Jan in the first place?
    Let's say they debut Black Panther, but he's not actually T'Challa he's just his son who looks and acts like him (also, T'Challa is dead). Is that totally okay?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
    Because she's Jan's daughter.
    You missed my point. Let me clarify: why not simply make the character that will become the modern day Wasp, Janet Van Dyne? Why bother with the 'daughter' angle at all? Was something 'wrong' about Jan that needed fixing?