Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: Which "Multiversity" Earth Are You Most Excited To Explore?

Which "Multiversity" Earth Are You Most Excited To Explore?

Years in the making, Grant Morrison's "The Multiversity" has arrived! Now that it's here, which Earth are you most excited about seeing Morrison explore?

Vote on the poll here.

I'm excited/scared for Earth 16.

Also the Shazams one of course.

If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

16, of course. Legacy FTW.

I'm just looking forward to reading it. For varying reasons I gave up on DCU main continuity, but this series feels like part of the main continuity, but I don't have to have anything to do with the NU52. It all feels like some cherished comic present I never expected to happen. Does that make sense? I'm looking forward to every universe equally.

Hmm, do you know if all the old Multiverse worlds exist from Countdown? I also keep hearing that they're trying to add all their media to this new Multiverse, such as the cartoons/movies etc. being given their own designation, but then I also hear they're not a part of this. Anyone know the real truth?

EDIT: well, of course you guys said it; probably the Legacy world. They should have created a branching of point in the main universe where all the protégées took over and had a few titles to explore this "what if future Earth".
    Last edited by Master X; 08-21-2014 at 12:20 PM.

I'm quite worried of the angle he picked for legacies though. They seem spendthrift after "the real heroes".

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I'm quite worried of the angle he picked for legacies though. They seem spendthrift after "the real heroes".
    Don't worry; it's commentary on the state of the industry, not the characters themselves. But Morrison loves these characters. Keep in mind he wrote a very good Wally run, put Connor Hawke in the League and is responsible for evolutions in characterizations for both Connor and Kyle, outside of Wally himself.

The Pre new 52 earth.. wait..

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Don't worry; it's commentary on the state of the industry, not the characters themselves. But Morrison loves these characters. Keep in mind he wrote a very good Wally run, put Connor Hawke in the League and is responsible for evolutions in characterizations for both Connor and Kyle, outside of Wally himself.
    I know I know, that's what I've been telling myself as well. I love Morrison's work on Flash and the way he handled Barry/Wally dynamics in Final Crisis. Hopefully he'll deliver.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Morrison tends to respect whatever characters he chooses to write; I've never seen a character actually suffer any indignities at Morrison's pen. Morrison made even the Psycho Pirate a subject for empathy.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Capt. Marvel, the press stuff says it will be Morrison's All Star Take on the Marvel family.

Society of Supervillains sounds great too, wonder if he will poke fun at Wanted.
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 08-21-2014 at 12:48 PM.

So earth 16 is no longer the young justice earth NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Still i want to know more about this celebrity heroes and the vampire earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Morrison tends to respect whatever characters he chooses to write; I've never seen a character actually suffer any indignities at Morrison's pen. Morrison made even the Psycho Pirate a subject for empathy.

Very true. I think he made a joke out of Guy Gardner during world war 3, but that's more than forgivable.

Definitely the Charlton Earth for me. Morrison + Watchmen = win.

Although I'm very curious to see what he does with our Earth too.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

Wellllll, the Mad Hatter has had trouble shaking the one-note "pedophile" reputation Grant gave him after "A Serious House on Serious Earth," so that's one character who hasn't benefited from his touch. IMO of course, I'm sure some people like it, but I vastly prefer the much more sympathetic (if still pretty skeevy) Jervis from B:TAS.

Onto the subject at hand, I cannot wait for the Shazam Earth. I already loved Johns revamp of it, so getting Grant's is an awesome bonus, especially as it's promised to be similar to his All-Star Superman run. Also can't wait to see Earths 4 and 20.
    Pull List: Aquaman, Batman: Eternal, Chaos, Grayson, Green Lantern, Hack/Slash: Son of Samhain, Red Sonja, Sundowners, Superman/Wonder Woman, Witchblade Wonder Woman

Bring me the nazis of earth 10 to me. And a Freedom Fighters team made of minorities.
    I want to see the Uncle Sam of that earth. It reminds me of the Brave New World miniseries, where Sam was somekind of Christ-like figure, an idea originally than belongs to Morrison, I think.
    If only DC would say who will draw it.
    "Ego sum qui sum"