Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Agents of SHIELD" Season Premiere to Introduce the Absorbing Man

"Agents of SHIELD" will introduce a major Marvel villain, with Brian Patrick Wade playing Crusher Creel -- better known as the Absorbing Man.

Full article here.

I really do hope that Marvel funnels some of its surplus film budget into its TV production.

I've never seen this guy in anything, but he looks the part as if he could go a few rounds with Hemsworth's Thor.

Also, this may be a good excuse to bring Alexander back for another go round.

The show really turned things around in the second half of the last season. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Also, this team is in no way, shape or form any sort of match for Crusher Creel as depicted in the comics. I'm sure they'll have to pull out some Kree / Asgardian / special Hollywood guest star /other random artifact (magical maybe?) to beat him.

This casting is spot on. The purple pants with horizontal stripes would just be silly, but I hope he loses the shirt at some point and gets a hold of a ball & chain.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series' that will be canceled soon.

Quote Originally Posted by thud View Post
    The show really turned things around in the second half of the last season. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Also, this team is in no way, shape or form any sort of match for Crusher Creel as depicted in the comics. I'm sure they'll have to pull out some Kree / Asgardian / special Hollywood guest star /other random artifact (magical maybe?) to beat him.
    Real world implementation of powers? Plenty of ways for normal humans to handle Creel. For example, if it takes 10-20 seconds for him to absorb properties, that still makes him powerful, but gives you a loophole to take him on.

Looks perfect to me.
    "Drewbacca?"

I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim

Oh look my thread and original post were deleted because heaven forbid the farmer notices the pigs are walking.

Yay, a good casting to a great old school Marvel villain.

First thought: Putting the ABS into Absorbing Man I see

Second thought: Why does the chair next to him have the name N.I.C.K.?
    The Poster formerly Known as Nova2814.1.

OMG!!!! YES! one of my favorites!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    First thought: Putting the ABS into Absorbing Man I see
    I would think that's quite true to the source material, eh?

Hey it's Encino Man

I hope they can do the character justice. From what little I know he's a pretty powerful guy which can't be easy to translate to regular tv.
    DIS GUY MUST BE A ALIEN OR SUTIN - gerybaboona

Braddock Academy Student Demon Bowler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Second thought: Why does the chair next to him have the name N.I.C.K.?
    It is believed that the chair is for Nick Blood who is playing Lance Hunter (mercenary in show, director of UK's version of SHIELD in comics) as the chair next to it is labelled C.L.A.R.K. For Clark Gregg.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
    Well done on the scoop in other thread, SpiderByte. Dead on, and to be proud of it. Hopefully Creel comes into a future Thor, Hulk, or Nick Fury film down the road. Could be fun seeing such strength in all out brawl with him.

I'm actually really disappointed to hear this news. Mainly because I feel that it will mean we'll won't get see AM on the big screen. I had my fingers crossed big-time that AM would be the villain if we ever got another Hulk movie, or even the next Thor movie. AM is a formidable villain for Marvel's strongest heroes, I don't know if he should be limited to the Agents of Shield show.

Then again they used Gravitron, and he's pretty bass ass too. So what do I know.