Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,661

    Default Latour, Rodriguez & Renzi Web-Swing Gwen Stacy Into "Spider-Verse"

    Jason Latour, Robbi Rodriguez and Rico Renzi take readers to a world where Gwen Stacy was bitten by a radioactive spider in "Edge of Spider-Verse."


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    This looks all kinds of fantastic. I'm digging the Spider-Verse concept.

  3. #3
    Senior Member cyberhubbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    973

    Default

    That is some sweet art right there.

  4. #4
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    758

    Default

    Now this is the Edge of Spider-verse issue I've been waiting for the most. Can't wait to see Gwen in action.

  5. #5

    Default

    Ridiculously hyped for this.

    Can we just have Robbi Rodriguez design all future superhero costumes? Seriously.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Why?

    Why is THIS not the Spider-Woman ongoing?

    Could not possibly be less interested in Hopeless and Land doing 616 Jessica Drew and Silk, but this? This would forever be on my pull.
    I'd get as many people as possible to read it.

    Even unlettered, these pages convey a lot of information, and it's all really compelling.
    It's a great premise. I just wish Marvel would take advantage of it.

    But, again, they've already got a Spider-Woman ongoing coming that very, very few people are excited about because it looks terrible.
    Last edited by majormcmeat; 08-21-2014 at 04:39 PM.

  7. #7
    Moderator Mahes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post
    Ridiculously hyped for this.

    Can we just have Robbi Rodriguez design all future superhero costumes? Seriously.
    Seconded on all accounts. Her costume is fantastic. Easily my most anticipated edge of Spider-Verse title.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    334

    Default

    My god, still five weeks away. Can't wait to pick this up.

    This is the Spider-Woman we deserve.

  9. #9

    Default

    Not reading Spider-Verse, but this looks like a cool stand-alone issue. Love that design, and Gwen is a favourite of mine in Ultimate Spider-Man. Gonna give this a shot, it's only 1 issue right?
    October 2014 favourite: Jim Henson's Storyteller: Witches. Confession time: I never saw the Storyteller. Didn't even know of it, just tried this mini out for the artists involved.Luckily familiarity is unnecessary, just delicate fairy tales it seems. Issue #1 is a gorgeously water-coloured, almost picture book-esque experience. Lush lettering too. Not even sure I'd call it a comic per se, but it really wowed me. And the Kyla Vanderklugt and Jeff Stokely issues are still to come! (By Archaia).

  10. #10
    ...sixteen, seventeen... Fifteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    40

    Default

    I've rarely seen such a strong reaction to a new hero based solely on the premise and the art/costume design. The story hasn't even come out yet and people are already clamoring for an ongoing. Not that I disagree. I'm pretty hyped myself.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fifteen View Post
    I've rarely seen such a strong reaction to a new hero based solely on the premise and the art/costume design. The story hasn't even come out yet and people are already clamoring for an ongoing. Not that I disagree. I'm pretty hyped myself.
    Think recently we saw a similar thing with the new Batgirl redesign over at DC. Or a little while ago, McKelvie's redesign of Carol Danvers maybe.
    October 2014 favourite: Jim Henson's Storyteller: Witches. Confession time: I never saw the Storyteller. Didn't even know of it, just tried this mini out for the artists involved.Luckily familiarity is unnecessary, just delicate fairy tales it seems. Issue #1 is a gorgeously water-coloured, almost picture book-esque experience. Lush lettering too. Not even sure I'd call it a comic per se, but it really wowed me. And the Kyla Vanderklugt and Jeff Stokely issues are still to come! (By Archaia).

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fifteen View Post
    I've rarely seen such a strong reaction to a new hero based solely on the premise and the art/costume design. The story hasn't even come out yet and people are already clamoring for an ongoing. Not that I disagree. I'm pretty hyped myself.
    I dunno, I think the preview pages have quite a bit of story already, particularly the two page spread.

  13. #13
    Moderator Mahes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fifteen View Post
    I've rarely seen such a strong reaction to a new hero based solely on the premise and the art/costume design. The story hasn't even come out yet and people are already clamoring for an ongoing. Not that I disagree. I'm pretty hyped myself.
    In a way, it's somewhat unfair to the other titles in this series due to how much it overshadows them all. The other issues have great teams and ideas attached as well. But there's just something about Gwen Stacy.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    334

    Default

    I'm sure the movie helped making people interested in Gwen again.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Not reading Spider-Verse, but this looks like a cool stand-alone issue. Love that design, and Gwen is a favourite of mine in Ultimate Spider-Man. Gonna give this a shot, it's only 1 issue right?
    It's a really interesting concept aswell for an alternate reality Spider-Woman.

    That and it seems to be the first story in a long time in the comics that will try to explore Gwen as her own character rather than just that girl that died.

    I'm sure the movie helped making people interested in Gwen again.
    That too.

    Emma was a really adorable Gwen and all around likable love interest, can't remember the last time I felt that way about a superhero romance on film. Most of em are pretty forgettable.
    Last edited by Dr. Chaos; 08-21-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •