Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Edge of Spider-Verse, #2

GWEN STACY: SPIDER-WOMAN!
    • In one universe, it wasn't Peter Parker bitten by the radioactive Spider, but Gwen Stacy!
    • She's smart, charming and can lift a car-- Just don't tell her Police Chief father!
    • How is she involved in Spider-Verse? Seeds of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #9 are planted here!

Full article here.

So, in her universe Peter Parker becomes the Lizard and he's used as a rallying cry against Spider-Gwen. Unsure if they're anything more than friends.

Spider-Gwen is also friends with Mary and is a part of her band as well. Whose that black hair girl on the band?

Oh, and Spider-Gwen is apparently a "menace" and a "Spider-Killer" with her father personally trying to hunt her Spider-Persona down. Guess the Ol'Parker luck passed over to her when she was bit by the Spider.

I assume she's called "Spider-Killer" because Peter died after their fight.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 08-21-2014 at 03:13 PM.

So she's Barbara Gordon with Spider-Powers. That's cool.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=55006

That's that article with the interview, I believe, about Spider-Gwen.

The art is really nice.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 08-21-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Oh, and Spider-Gwen is apparently a "menace" and a "Spider-Killer" with her father personally trying to hunt her Spider-Persona down. Guess the Ol'Parker luck passed over to her when she was bit by the Spider.
    It appears that she's being hunted for Peter's demise. A Lizard Serum was even worse option for him than Spider bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    It appears that she's being hunted for Peter's demise. A Lizard Serum was even worse option for him than Spider bite.
    Yes, after looking at the preview again it seems that Peter didn't survive the encounter. Most likely the serum killed him as it's made clear that Gwen didn't kill him directly so it may have been an accident and a side effect of the serum.

-

[Rodriguez: I think we all would, deep down. I think we all have a bit more to say with her, but I guess that's really up to the readers to make this issue a hit, and the powers that be. I hope we gave the reading audience a Spider-Woman that's more than just background filler, or just a character whose sole existence was to fill in a copyright hole.]

I'm not sure how Marvel's going to take such a comment even if it's true.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 08-21-2014 at 03:19 PM.

BANNED

i don't love the glow effect around the eyes. should just be outlined or filled in. the feet need to lose the blue and stick with the black, white or dulled magenta of the rest of the costume.

otherwise, this looks fantastic. i like the art, i like the costume (with above exceptions), i like the idea... i just wonder who invented the webbing, assuming she has the same power set that 616 peter does. i guess she could do it. but if someone other than peter could invent web fluid, that makes him less special in my eyes. if the story is good, i can see this becoming popular and requested to be continued with.

I dunno, I like everything about the costume. Really looks unique and makes her stand out.

Though to be fair, what's with all the hoods? Anya has a hood too.

I have to wonder about the chances that a version of Gwen would stick around to be a love interest with Peter.

BANNED

she needs to get one of those hoodies that has the earbuds wired through the drawstrings. loose wires going to her backpack wont be friendly in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mtorgler View Post
    I have to wonder about the chances that a version of Gwen would stick around to be a love interest with Peter.
    Spider-Gwen seems to be a bit younger than 616 Peter Parker as she looks like she's in her late teens/early 20s. I also don't see her abandoning her own universe, willingly, to stay in 616. Besides, her Peter Parker apparently died so I don't see her being able to accept dating an older alternate version of a deceased friend who died in her arms and there was nothing she could do to save him.

However, if Spider-Gwen becomes a thing she could spin-off into her own series for awhile. Like Spider-Girl, 2099, and the such.

BANNED

Anya has a hood too.
    i don't like Anya's hooded costume at all.

BANNED

Spider-Gwen seems to be a bit younger than 616 Peter Parker as she looks like she's in her late teens/early 20s. I also don't see her abandoning her own universe, willingly, to stay in 616. Besides, her Peter Parker apparently died so I don't see her being able to accept dating an older alternate version of a deceased friend who died in her arms and there was nothing she could do to save him.

However, if Spider-Gwen becomes a thing she could spin-off into her own series for awhile. Like Spider-Girl, 2099, and the such.
    makes sense. i'd agree with all that.

It's hard to gauge age by the preview. My assumption has been that the two bites happened the same day chronologically, the difference is who was bitten.

When was the last time Slott was asked about Peter's current age?

Can you imagine the combined guilt of that pairing?

"You died in my arms!"
    "You died in MY arms!"
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday