Page 426 of 445 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 6665

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Evelyn is probably my most despised character for this season. She definitely became what she hated the most, yet most of it feels unwarranted. We also rarely see her, so there is a giant gap in her story telling. Now if we want to talk about someone who has grown to enjoy torment and suffering, it is her. Not Oliver.
    ABSOLUTELY. I mean, she get's all pissed off that Oliver used to kill- so she joins up with a serial killer who is worse than Oliver ever was. Why? Is it just because she's still pissed that Oliver didn't save her parents from HIVE? I hope that either A) Thea beats the shit out of her, or B) SLADE beats the shit out of her. Pics for next week show Slade putting her in a cage, so there is hope.

That season 6 preview sounds like every other season. Oliver builds up a team, then doubts them and pushes them away. GOD, can't they do something new?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    ABSOLUTELY. I mean, she get's all pissed off that Oliver used to kill- so she joins up with a serial killer who is worse than Oliver ever was. Why? Is it just because she's still pissed that Oliver didn't save her parents from HIVE? I hope that either A) Thea beats the shit out of her, or B) SLADE beats the shit out of her. Pics for next week show Slade putting her in a cage, so there is hope.

That season 6 preview sounds like every other season. Oliver builds up a team, then doubts them and pushes them away. GOD, can't they do something new?
    Heck, we even have Merlyn, of all people, telling Ollie how dumb that is .

Not to mention they bring up a "figure from Oliver's past" coming back to haunt him, which given we're done with the flashbacks this season and the writers have kept focusing on putting the past to rest and moving on through the current storyline...feels odd.

And what figures from his past are left that matter? Barrowman has already said he won't be back next season; Slade, well it feels like Oliver will let his go at the end of the finale, but I don't think he'd be the next big bad. Ra's and Darhk are dead, Chase will probably be locked up, so who's left? Mei? The Bratva (maybe)? Talia, assuming she survives the finale?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Hm, I'll take C) All of the above.

Where is that next season preview, because I would believe your prediction without hesitation.

Nice cameo from Slade.
    A Deathstroke-Prometheus Showdown would be thrilling but Green Arrow taking down Chase once and for all would be the most satisfying.

Spectacular Member

There is no need to bring someone from Oliver's past. I kinda wish they would have made this the finale season then do a Justice League show with Superman, Arrow, Kid Flash, Atom, Heatwave, White Canary and Black Siren. Cancel Legends and just do that show.

man I'm hoping slade is sane

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    man I'm hoping slade is sane
    The years in prison seem to have actually mellowed him out a little.

Standing Member

Wasn't it the Mirakuru that made him crazy in the first place? I would think, given enough time, most of that chemical goes out of your system and you return to normalcy. Unless the drug does major brain damage. Which then leads to the next question, what about Roy Harper?
    For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
    By making his world a little colder

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The years in prison seem to have actually mellowed him out a little.
    if he's willing to help oliver for his freedom and doesn't try fu**dry he's sane again. but boy hearing him call Oliver kid again was great. Wonder who he matches up with? looks maybe him and Digger take on the army while the rest square off one on one. Spades seemed to be cutting down random ninjas in the previews.

Incredible Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar

Quite the set up to the finale! Tons of players on the board, and I'm glad Oliver was angry and mostly mistrustful of Merlyn the whole time, sometimes it's hard to predict. From their perspective, they finally took down the season big bad, but from ours, we're like "Uhhh...don't celebrate just yet!" Chase did look fairly defeated after the revelation of his father, but with Talia and Evelyn still out there, they shouldn't have settled into that false sense of security.

Poor Lance. I know they should've told him about Black Siren earlier, but look at him just dismiss the concept of alternate Earths like that. I hadn't stopped to think about it until Thea talked about everything she has seen, but does everyone on this Earth now believe in aliens?

How old should Oliver be at this point? Mid-30's? When I first saw the "6" on the cake, I thought it was meant to illustrate how he was turning 36.
    His grave stone said he was born in 1985, so that would mean he just turned 32.

They even match pretty well to classic Team Arrow. Slade's his Diggle, Nyssa is Black Canary, Merlyn is his trusty sidekick Speedy, while Captain Boomerang is...Wild Dog, I guess?
    Shouldn't there be a Felicity in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Aw man, now I'm gonna need to change the order of rotation for my T-shirts.
    And me the order of the glasses I use while eating dinner. Wait, are we kidding or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Evelyn is probably my most despised character for this season. She definitely became what she hated the most, yet most of it feels unwarranted. We also rarely see her, so there is a giant gap in her story telling. Now if we want to talk about someone who has grown to enjoy torment and suffering, it is her. Not Oliver.
    For me the biggest gap in her story telling is when, exactly, did she start playing a double agent for Chase. Was it the entire time and she knew GA's identity and was just pretending? Was she never really a part of Team Arrow? Or was it after everyone confronted Oliver during the whole serial killer thing? I'm wondering if she felt general camaraderie for the likes of Curtis, Rene, and even Rory and if she ever considered recruiting them for Chase's team? What does she plan to do after all this? Is she going to go back to being the vigilante Artemis taking crime off the street?

Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    There is no need to bring someone from Oliver's past. I kinda wish they would have made this the finale season then do a Justice League show with Superman, Arrow, Kid Flash, Atom, Heatwave, White Canary and Black Siren. Cancel Legends and just do that show.
    What I'm kind of hoping for Oliver Queen/Green Arrow is that, ultimately, he does save Star City at the end of the series. However, he realizes that there are still threats to the country/the world/reality out there and takes part in creating a Justice League. Something similar could happen with Barry when Central City isn't always threatened by metahumans (although I guess technically the biggest metahuman threat to Central City is Barry Allen himself). It'd be a neat way for Oliver to have actually accomplished something and yet still have work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Quite the set up to the finale! Tons of players on the board, and I'm glad Oliver was angry and mostly mistrustful of Merlyn the whole time, sometimes it's hard to predict. From their perspective, they finally took down the season big bad, but from ours, we're like "Uhhh...don't celebrate just yet!" Chase did look fairly defeated after the revelation of his father, but with Talia and Evelyn still out there, they shouldn't have settled into that false sense of security.
    I'm still wondering if Chase actually knew his father disowned him. It doesn't seem to have effected him any afterwards, but I also doubt he saw it coming.

Poor Lance. I know they should've told him about Black Siren earlier, but look at him just dismiss the concept of alternate Earths like that. I hadn't stopped to think about it until Thea talked about everything she has seen, but does everyone on this Earth now believe in aliens?
    Yeah...the Dominators invasion was public wasn't it? I guess it's not that much of a stretch after the onset of Metahumans.

I'm wondering how Central City covered the invasion of the Earth-2 Metas? Did they mention the alternate universe thing?

That sounds about right. Only 4 years younger then Stephen Amell is.

I'm actually curious if most of the Arrowverse cast have set ages in the minds of the creators.

Oh, uh...how about Lyla ?
    For me the biggest gap in her story telling is when, exactly, did she start playing a double agent for Chase. Was it the entire time and she knew GA's identity and was just pretending? Was she never really a part of Team Arrow? Or was it after everyone confronted Oliver during the whole serial killer thing? I'm wondering if she felt general camaraderie for the likes of Curtis, Rene, and even Rory and if she ever considered recruiting them for Chase's team? What does she plan to do after all this? Is she going to go back to being the vigilante Artemis taking crime off the street?
    I thought it was after she learned he was The Hood, since when her betrayal was revealed she said he was the monster that needed to be stopped, but it seemed like she was working with Chase for longer then that given it was revealed she was his double-agent at the end of the episode where she learned all that stuff about Ollie.

Maybe Chase told her prior to Oliver recruiting her for the new Team Arrow, and she was so livid that the person who lectured her about killing was a serial killer in a past identity that she was willing to work with Prometheus.

I don't think that excuses her blatant hypocrisy, given Prometheus is even worse, but it's the best I can think of.

I think she might have cared a little about the rest of the team given the interactions she had with them and the moments they had prior to her being revealed as a traitor, but it's so hard to tell what's genuine with Evelyn and what isn't.

What I'm kind of hoping for Oliver Queen/Green Arrow is that, ultimately, he does save Star City at the end of the series. However, he realizes that there are still threats to the country/the world/reality out there and takes part in creating a Justice League. Something similar could happen with Barry when Central City isn't always threatened by metahumans (although I guess technically the biggest metahuman threat to Central City is Barry Allen himself). It'd be a neat way for Oliver to have actually accomplished something and yet still have work to do.
    I think it would be a natural progression for Oliver, after forming Team Arrow and being the first public Superhero, to go on and organize a major, worldwide, Superhero team to take down massive threats.

Incredible Member

And me the order of the glasses I use while eating dinner. Wait, are we kidding or not?

A city will always have problems to solve so I could see Oliver start a League (or Society since JL is the focus of the movies) but not be an active member. I see him mainly as a recruiter (along with Barry) finding other heroes/metahumans around the country/world to fight major threats.

Problem would be financing this Society, Ollie is not rolling in dough at the moment. Maybe use Lyla and Argus and create a mashup Society/Checkmate to bankroll it all. CW could start this toward the end of Arrow's next season to set up a new series for 2018 fall.

Mighty Member

The existence of aliens and alternate universes would be two of the greatest scientific breakthroughs in modern times. The world would be changed scientifically, religiously and philosophically by them. Every big company, government and academia would be all over them. Only in the comic world does such stuff happen without such changes. Portals to other worlds - the government would have Cisco and Star labs in their grasp in a second.

Anyway, despite the silliness of that, I liked the episode. I do think that Thea should have pulled the trigger on Laurel II but that's just me. Don't talk, start the fight when the others are just yakking away.

There's her father , The Calculator