Page 617 of 681 FirstFirst ... 117517567607613614615616617618619620621627667 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,255 of 10211
    Incredible Member JeanGreyForever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think Joss Whedon has said he always intended it to be Quicksilver and he deliberately tried to make the audience think it was going to be Hawkeye. That's why he played up the cliché of Hawkeye as a man who is going to retire and settle down with his family after one last job, so everyone in the audience would assume he was a dead man and then be surprised it was Quicksilver. But there are a lot of other hints that it was going to be Quicksilver, like the scene he put in just to show that he's not faster than bullets (and there was a deleted scene where Wanda tells Pietro "keep this up and you're going to get shot"). Whedon likes killing characters and of course he was probably going to get more clearance from Disney to kill someone who had just arrived.
    I heard this too although I also heard that they shot an ending where Quicksilver was alive. Not sure who was dead in this ending. Also I think this ending was shot either before the final decision was made to kill off Quicksilver or it was done to trick people into thinking he wouldn't die.

Meet Brianne de Chateau! CJStriker's Avatar

Infinity War Cast Gathering at D23 Expo 2017!

Meet Dragon Ball Super's Brianne De Chateau!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_uF7wkiWWY&t=7s
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

Incredible Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) seems to cut a flaming car in half. It looks like her beau Vision (Paul Bethany) might be trapped nearby, and to judge from their faces, something sad and bad is going down.

Suddenly, Tom Hiddleston’s Loki appears, cutting through flaming wreckage to grab the Tesseract, which holds one of the Infinity Stones. Is this what Scarlet Witch and Vision were trying to prevent?
    I'm guessing this is all part of the same scene, which is what that Twitter person was referring to when they said Wanda was fighting Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Askanipsion View Post
    Interesting rumor is that Wanda has manifested powers from all the gems & that she could be the one who ultimately takes down Thanos. That would be awesome for her to have such a huge part in the movie.
    She doesn't even need all of the gems, just make her absorb the powers of the Reality one and she'll already be a lot closer to her comic book powerset. And yes, I would definitely like her to resurrect Quicksilver. It was a terrible idea to kill him off in the first place. Not sure if Feige is interested in changing that, though.

I would be all for the Resurrection of Quicksilver so long as the Russos can make it fit in story well and not feel like a out of nowhere pull just to bring him back. I don't want to see him dead but I don't want him to be brought back my lazying writing that could have more harm then good and harm both his character, Wanda's Character in the MCU and the MCU credibility as a whole.

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

That was great, CJ! Thank you so much as always for sharing!

I will be arriving in San Diego on the last day of Comic Con, so not sure if I will hear much or not. But if I do, I will be sure to report it here!

Today, I was rereading when Wanda first joined the Avengers. Such great stories! I always liked and looked forward to seeing what new things Wanda's hexes would do each issue.

I got as far as when the twins first lost their powers. Pietro suspected there was something about the lands where they grew up that enabled them to get powers. Perhaps one of the recent writers read this when they made the twins not non-mutant?

They returned home. There was an unnamed doctor who suddenly appeared on panel with the twins in his machine! He prescribed a diathermatic treatment which he said had returned their powers. Pietro is coy and asks what powers, but the doctor states their superhero names and says he knows who they are.

We never see that doctor again. I wonder who he was? The High Evolutionary, perhaps? In disguise as an old man? Perhaps this story more than any other could tie in to the twins new history.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I heard this too although I also heard that they shot an ending where Quicksilver was alive. Not sure who was dead in this ending. Also I think this ending was shot either before the final decision was made to kill off Quicksilver or it was done to trick people into thinking he wouldn't die.
    It was Kevin Feige who decided to kill Quicksilver back in 2011. Feige wanted Quicksilver dead. His death was in the original script. Joss Whedon filmed an alternate ending in which Quicksilver lives and Hawkeye dies in case he could convince Feige to let Quicksilver live. I think Feige made a deal with Fox over the use of the twins which said that Marvel's Quicksilver had to die, and in exchange Fox would never introduce their version of Wanda and Marvel could have theirs exclusively.

Mighty Member

Another one from D23:
    tumblr_ot782rlVxz1ub6wpbo1_500.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    White Vision is coming :

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That was great, CJ! Thank you so much as always for sharing!

I will be arriving in San Diego on the last day of Comic Con, so not sure if I will hear much or not. But if I do, I will be sure to report it here!

Today, I was rereading when Wanda first joined the Avengers. Such great stories! I always liked and looked forward to seeing what new things Wanda's hexes would do each issue.

I got as far as when the twins first lost their powers. Pietro suspected there was something about the lands where they grew up that enabled them to get powers. Perhaps one of the recent writers read this when they made the twins not non-mutant?

They returned home. There was an unnamed doctor who suddenly appeared on panel with the twins in his machine! He prescribed a diathermatic treatment which he said had returned their powers. Pietro is coy and asks what powers, but the doctor states their superhero names and says he knows who they are.

We never see that doctor again. I wonder who he was? The High Evolutionary, perhaps? In disguise as an old man? Perhaps this story more than any other could tie in to the twins new history.
    Very Glad You Enjoyed the Video Phoenixx9 and Thanks for Sharing that Story about the Re-Reading!

I have my OWN Plans on Reading threws all the Avengers Books, original Vols. 1-3 soon as soon as I catch up with my other curtain reading. Some Re-Reads, many New to me, but allot of Wanda Moments I look forward experiencing again!

Also the Avengers Vol. 1 is the only collection of Comics I have in my collection of Wanda Comics that I am trying to get ALL off cause Vol. 1 was so GOOD AND IMPORTANT to Wanda's history that even the issues she was not in are important to the history of our Rosey Witchy.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    White Vision is coming :
    Would be an Interesting Under the Table Tease to Vision Fans that White Vision is on the horizon Wiccan................BUT if so PLEASE leave out the no-emotions and memories White Vision.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    So glad to hear that Wanda and Vision will be together. I'd love for a future film one day to be the Young Avengers, with Wanda and Vision's kids.

I would love for her to be the one who defeats Thanos (like Jean against Apocalypse). The only other viable contender would be Adam Warlock if he is in the films. Personally, I hope that somehow with the infinity gems, Quicksilver can be brought back to life. He was killed off too soon imo and if by those rumors posted above, Thor has been resurrected, then it wouldn't be out of the blue for another dead Avenger to be brought back to life too. If Wanda's powers are amplified by the gems, she could resurrect him herself.
    Considering the Mind Stone is on the center of the Gauntlet. (D23)It may serve as a CPU or something some like that to the Gauntlet. Wanda has shown her power to control the Mind Stone despite Vision having it, she kinda hacked the Stone and took over Vision's density control system and overrode that.
    I think she may pull off something like that again in IW, temporarily shut off the Gauntlet or causing it to backfire.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    White Vision is coming :
    Yeah, casual movie goers all say Vision's death is a certain thing. But I think losing the Mind Stone may just took away his emotion.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Considering the Mind Stone is on the center of the Gauntlet. (D23)It may serve as a CPU or something some like that to the Gauntlet. Wanda has shown her power to control the Mind Stone despite Vision having it, she kinda hacked the Stone and took over Vision's density control system and overrode that.
    I think she may pull off something like that again in IW, temporarily shut off the Gauntlet or causing it to backfire.
    Vision alludes to "Order" and "Chaos" in AoU. Feige said she is drawing power the same way Strange does, and The Other (grey skin, blue cloak, very Chthon-like) exhibited similar powers to Pietro and Wanda.

Given the stones represent Order, could it be that Wanda is wielding Chaos Magic, which could disrupt the gauntlet?

If Vision survives within the gauntlet, Wanda could theoretically channel Chaos into the gauntlet itself, similar to how she did to Starro in JLA Vs Avengers.

This could involve Strange "breaking the rules" by helping Wanda to master a forbidden, long lost magic.

Going even more into wild theories, I think Wanda has a connection to the mind stone but is not powered by it, while Vision has chaos magic within him that triggered emotion in the mind stone (when Wanda touched the cradle).
    Last edited by Relugus; 07-16-2017 at 04:47 PM.