Page 657 of 665 FirstFirst ... 157557607647653654655656657658659660661 ... LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,855 of 9974

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Some of these aren't controversial at all LOL. There's nothing that makes that Quicksilver costume anyhow special compared to his previous one. I read the explanation but that's hardly enough reason to consider that the 6th most controversial Avenger costume change.
    That's right! Quicksilver is far from controversial. Also, I liked that "gypsy" costume for Wanda, but I agree that it's not practical for battles... I would have added Doctor Strange's "Blue Superhero" costume (1969) instead. That was a weird change!

Ultimate Member

Yeah, it's so frustating that they're on the same situation as the X-Men, specially Wanda. I wonder if they're gonna be mutants in this game, as they're coming on an X-Men related event...
    Well they did originate in the X-men comics....so what can you do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I don't think that's why FOX has their rights really. Inhumans originated in Fantastic Four comics yet Fox doesn't have them. Crystal and I think Medusa were even F4 members, while Wanda was never an X-Man. Wolverine first appeared on Hulk, so by that logic Marvel would have him. Marvel also owns characters who were mutants but not X-Men like Squirrel Girl(recently retconned like Wanda and Pietro) or Molly Hayes from the Runaways. I think that their connection with Magneto is what made them shared characters on Fox side, and I guess that the Brotherhood helps too when added to that other fact.

Meet Brianne de Chateau! CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are coming to Marvel Future Fight!
    Sorry I am Late with My Reaction, Been Busy with other Projects and Life Recently!

Here was My Reaction when I saw this NEWS:

Meet Dragon Ball's NEWEST Lady of Power; Brianne de Chateau!
    Also Meet Sanka Ku & Su Roas, The Kamikaze FireBalls!
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

Incredible Member

Some of these aren't controversial at all LOL. There's nothing that makes that Quicksilver costume anyhow special compared to his previous one. I read the explanation but that's hardly enough reason to consider that the 6th most controversial Avenger costume change.
    I won't call Wanda or Pietro's controversial. Neither are the worst they have ever worn or the best, heck there wasn't very much controversy on the list.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Debut logic doesn't really work...
    Ego debuted in Thor comics but somehow he was with Fox.
    Sabretooth debuted in Iron Fist.
    Wolverine debuted in Hulk comics.
    Also Fox should have way more rights since FF is with Fox, but nope. Marvel still has Kree, Skrull, plus Inhumans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
    That's right! Quicksilver is far from controversial. Also, I liked that "gypsy" costume for Wanda, but I agree that it's not practical for battles... I would have added Doctor Strange's "Blue Superhero" costume (1969) instead. That was a weird change!
    To me, that costume of Wanda works best in some fanarts with a fixed pose.
    Yeah, totally not pratical in action(then again, a bunch of superhero costumes can fit in that unpratical league.)

Astonishing Member

Of course Marvel will never tell us which characters were included in the deals, though we can sometimes guess. (For example, Marvel had been interested in trying to get an Inhumans movie made as recently as the ‘90s, so it’s almost guaranteed that when they negotiated the FF deal with Fox, they held back “star” characters who were introduced in FF, like the Inhumans and Black Panther, but Fox got Silver Surfer.) The question that’s hard to answer is what kind of deals they made, if any, for supporting characters like Wanda and Pietro. And no one really knows.

Wanda and Pietro are mutants (shut up, retcon) and they were introduced in X-Men and they were Magneto’s children so there’s plenty of basis to consider them X-Men characters. And until quite recently Marvel seemed to treat them as X-Men characters in other media: they weren’t in the Avengers cartoon series but they were in the “Wolverine and the X-Men” cartoon as Magneto’s children.

I doubt this would have changed except that Fox never bothered to use them until 2014, and Joss Whedon decided he wanted to use them in his Avengers sequel. I figure his thinking went like this: to use Ultron, you have to have Vision, to have Vision, you have to have Scarlet Witch, and to introduce Scarlet Witch, you have to introduce her brother, but he’s expendable. That’s just a guess of course.

So even with the stupid retcon they will probably always be characters that both franchises can make a claim on, even though Wanda especially is more closely tied to the Avengers in the comics.

I randomly found a psychological study of the Scarlet Witch video made in March 2017!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks Juan, almost certainly it looks like AoA backgrounds.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-08-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
    They are right that the costume is stereotypical, and wrong. Plus the use of the slur. Thank you, CBR.

Astonishing Member

One thing I can agree with in that piece about the Pérez costume:

For how little fabric this costume uses, it manages to be as cumbersome as possible.
    That's the reason it was retired mere months after George Pérez left Avengers (except for JLA/Avengers, where he used it even though Wanda wasn't wearing it any more). I can't find the quote but Alan Davis said that the reason he redesigned her costume is that the Pérez costume was so detailed that it didn't look right in his simpler style - and, indeed, every time another artist tried to draw that costume, it looked unflattering.

That costume is forgivable because it's so much George Pérez: he loves costumes that are both absurdly detailed and absurdly skimpy, plus it's a tribute to his wife (who used to be a belly dancer). But in a shared universe a costume should look good no matter who is drawing it, and this one didn't.

Hi there,
    if I may introduce what brought me here:

Got to know Wanda Maximoff via the movie: Avengers: Age of Ultron. However, up until then I had been waiting for the introduction of “Amora the Enchantress”, who I knew from the animated “Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes” series. So, when I did read the first descriptions of that movie I was like: “Who’s this “Scarlet Witch”? No … that’s the wrong Witch. That’s not what I am waiting for ”. Well, my attitude completely changed by watching the movie, and even moreso with “Captain America: Civil War”.

I did had a hard time getting into the comics, though, since her stories there are so vastly different from what I knew from the movies. Yet eventually that got rolling. I didn’t knew anything about comic-previews until a few weeks ago, so for “Uncanny Avengers 26” I only read about the title being announced as: “The Witch is back”. Made me wonder whether that’s gonna be a prank, and they bring on “Amora the Enchantress”. They did not specify as of “back to the Unity Squad”, after all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Hi there,
    if I may introduce what brought me here:

Got to know Wanda Maximoff via the movie: Avengers: Age of Ultron. However, up until then I had been waiting for the introduction of “Amora the Enchantress”, who I knew from the animated “Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes” series. So, when I did read the first descriptions of that movie I was like: “Who’s this “Scarlet Witch”? No … that’s the wrong Witch. That’s not what I am waiting for ”. Well, my attitude completely changed by watching the movie, and even moreso with “Captain America: Civil War”.

I did had a hard time getting into the comics, though, since her stories there are so vastly different from what I knew from the movies. Yet eventually that got rolling. I didn’t knew anything about comic-previews until a few weeks ago, so for “Uncanny Avengers 26” I only read about the title being announced as: “The Witch is back”. Made me wonder whether that’s gonna be a prank, and they bring on “Amora the Enchantress”. They did not specify as of “back to the Unity Squad”, after all.
    Well, shouldn't you expect Amora from a Thor movie than an Avengers movie? I mean she is an important Thor character.
    Anyway welcome to this thread. And good luck with figuring out MU Wanda's whole story through these years.(Well, retcon and some Bendis Force make everything complicated.)

Astonishing Member

Wanda and Pietro really deserved to be in the "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" series. They probably would have been if "Wolverine and the X-Men" hadn't already been using them as Magneto's children.

It's one reason why even though I think the "Magneto isn't their father" retcon is stupid, they do benefit from not being too closely tied to him. Because until Joss Whedon used them in the Avengers sequel, Marvel mostly seemed to think of them as minor X-Men characters in most other media.

Now, of course, they're not in Avengers cartoons because of the ban on using shared-rights characters, but the cartoons are so bad it doesn't really matter much. But "Avengers: EMH" would have benefited from their presence.