Page 618 of 680 FirstFirst ... 118518568608614615616617618619620621622628668 ... LastLast
Results 9,256 to 9,270 of 10194
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Vision alludes to "Order" and "Chaos" in AoU. Feige said she is drawing power the same way Strange does, and The Other (grey skin, blue cloak, very Chthon-like) exhibited similar powers to Pietro and Wanda.

Given the stones represent Order, could it be that Wanda is wielding Chaos Magic, which could disrupt the gauntlet?

If Vision survives within the gauntlet, Wanda could theoretically channel Chaos into the gauntlet itself, similar to how she did to Starro in JLA Vs Avengers.

This could involve Strange "breaking the rules" by helping Wanda to master a forbidden, long lost magic.

Going even more into wild theories, I think Wanda has a connection to the mind stone but is not powered by it, while Vision has chaos magic within him that triggered emotion in the mind stone (when Wanda touched the cradle).
    Well, we both want Elder Gods in MCU.
    I already tell you a bunch of wild theories before.
    Here is another random thought.
    Maybe MCU Wanda's basic power is Chthon's curse all along, long before she was experimented by Hydra.
    Chthon's influence is weak on Earth, so he chose a mortal and gave her his blessing. And this curse's effect is subconscious probability manipulation(kinda like Domino's). That's why she always survived dire situations like Stark bomb, Hydra experiment, Sokovia and IW/A4. And by keeping Wanda alive, Wanda will grow stronger.and when the time comes that Wanda reach her potential. Chthon will send out his servant like Modred and collect his perfect vessel.
    Kinda the opposite to the comics where Wanda's genetic power came before Chthon's curse.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-16-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Very Glad You Enjoyed the Video Phoenixx9 and Thanks for Sharing that Story about the Re-Reading!

I have my OWN Plans on Reading threws all the Avengers Books, original Vols. 1-3 soon as soon as I catch up with my other curtain reading. Some Re-Reads, many New to me, but allot of Wanda Moments I look forward experiencing again!

Also the Avengers Vol. 1 is the only collection of Comics I have in my collection of Wanda Comics that I am trying to get ALL off cause Vol. 1 was so GOOD AND IMPORTANT to Wanda's history that even the issues she was not in are important to the history of our Rosey Witchy.

Hi there, CJ!

Yes, I am glad you will soon be re-read in those volumes as well! There are so interesting and the more one reads them, the more subtle things that can be found, like what I noted above about the powers and the mysterious doctor.

Vol 1 is so important because it gives us early young Wanda, better than she was as guest-villainess in the X-Men and with more potent hexes! I love the scene you included, too!

An edit that someone on Instagram made using the D23 pics of Tom and LizzieIMG_8405.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Vision alludes to "Order" and "Chaos" in AoU. Feige said she is drawing power the same way Strange does, and The Other (grey skin, blue cloak, very Chthon-like) exhibited similar powers to Pietro and Wanda.

Given the stones represent Order, could it be that Wanda is wielding Chaos Magic, which could disrupt the gauntlet?

If Vision survives within the gauntlet, Wanda could theoretically channel Chaos into the gauntlet itself, similar to how she did to Starro in JLA Vs Avengers.

This could involve Strange "breaking the rules" by helping Wanda to master a forbidden, long lost magic.

Going even more into wild theories, I think Wanda has a connection to the mind stone but is not powered by it, while Vision has chaos magic within him that triggered emotion in the mind stone (when Wanda touched the cradle).
    Very interesting theory, I definitely think Wanda's connection with the mind stone is going to come into play at some point during the film. We saw her control it in Vision, and I think her being able to link with it could prove really important in a battle with Thanos if the Avengers are going to have to look for some way to fight him.

Also, seeing Strange try to help Wanda become a little bit more refined with her powers could be awesome, since Feige says she is using the same magical energy as him, and it would be cool if she was able to broaden her abilities, though I already love everything she's able to do.

Incredible Member

I remember Feige saying she draws energy from another dimension like Stephen does.Not necessarily the same power source. There are a bunch of dimensions a magic user can harness energy from.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I remember Feige saying she draws energy from another dimension like Stephen does.Not necessarily the same power source. There are a bunch of dimensions a magic user can harness energy from.
    True, a lot of the sorcery depicted in Dr Strange was all of the same orange colour, used by Strange, and the Ancient One and Mordo, as well as Kaecilius, whereas Wanda's is her signature red. Perhaps a sign that she draws energy like all of them do, but just from a different dimension than them like you say, and she could learn to harness it like them with practice.

Meet Brianne de Chateau! CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderBoy View Post
    True, a lot of the sorcery depicted in Dr Strange was all of the same orange colour, used by Strange, and the Ancient One and Mordo, as well as Kaecilius, whereas Wanda's is her signature red. Perhaps a sign that she draws energy like all of them do, but just from a different dimension than them like you say, and she could learn to harness it like them with practice.
    Well Put WonderBoy.

That has always been one of the most unique things about the mystical side of marvel, many mystics get their forms of power from different sources, but their main stays come from different dimensions of mystical power they draw from. They started introducing this in the MCU with the Dark Dimensoin and the Ancient One in the Dr. Strange movie, that was a nice start.

You have an expansion of this in the comics with;

Clea from the Dark Dimension
    Magika from Limbo
    Doctor Voodoo from the natural world
    And for a time and still too Wanda from Chaos and Now Natural Magics from Wicca culture.

I hope that this is introduce in Avengers Infinity Wars and then if we are luck EXPANDED UPON in the Next Doctor Strange Movie and having Wanda in THAT movie would be Incredible!

He power I would hope would have a Similar Homage idea to that created by Kurt Busiek back in Avengers Vol. 3 that they can use in the movies, like a dimension of chaos or an eternal being like Chthon;

Meet Dragon Ball Super's Brianne De Chateau!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_uF7wkiWWY&t=7s
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

Incredible Member JeanGreyForever's Avatar

Well Put WonderBoy.

That has always been one of the most unique things about the mystical side of marvel, many mystics get their forms of power from different sources, but their main stays come from different dimensions of mystical power they draw from. They started introducing this in the MCU with the Dark Dimensoin and the Ancient One in the Dr. Strange movie, that was a nice start.

Magika from Limbo
    And for a time and still too Wanda from Chaos and Now Natural Magics from Wicca culture.

I hope that this is introduce in Avengers Infinity Wars and then if we are luck EXPANDED UPON in the Next Doctor Strange Movie and having Wanda in THAT movie would be Incredible!
    I love this concept! What about Wiccan?

Well Put WonderBoy.

Magika from Limbo

He power I would hope would have a Similar Homage idea to that created by Kurt Busiek back in Avengers Vol. 3 that they can use in the movies, like a dimension of chaos or an eternal being like Chthon;

I like that scene, CJ, because I had not seen it and it explains some things.

When you re-read those early Avengers stories, you will see that Wanda could control the desired outcome she wanted, at least for a dozen or so issues causing desired results such as: shattering her own glass prison, burning drapes, exploding Android, shattering Wasp cylinder, bursting Attuma dome, shattering Cap's manacles, causing leather fighting straps to break, blocking and neutralizing I'm force bean, and causing Androids specific delicate mechanisms to explode.

The above scene reinforces that Wanda can again control her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I love this concept! What about Wiccan?
    Very Glad you Like the Concept JeanGreyForever and Also I should have said this long before;

Welcome to The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread JeanGreyForever, Very Happy to have you Here and Posting with Us!!!

I don't know as much about Wiccan but going by what I have read off him since the Days of Children's Crusade his powers of sourse are mainly unknown still and I just had to go to his wiki info to get a more in-depth on this.

But that did remind me of the factor that allot of his powers while have a inherit connection to the mystical, what mystical not certain, but that he focuses and uses his powers mainly from spell-casting that he learned over time to channel his powers. Not much unlike his mother in her early days with Agatha when her powers where mostly unknown in orgin beyond the mutant gene.

The is just my assessment, Wiccan Fans would know more then me.

More indepth into this click on the wiki link below;

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/William_Kaplan_(Earth-616)

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, we both want Elder Gods in MCU.
    I already tell you a bunch of wild theories before.
    Here is another random thought.
    Maybe MCU Wanda's basic power is Chthon's curse all along, long before she was experimented by Hydra.
    Chthon's influence is weak on Earth, so he chose a mortal and gave her his blessing. And this curse's effect is subconscious probability manipulation(kinda like Domino's). That's why she always survived dire situations like Stark bomb, Hydra experiment, Sokovia and IW/A4. And by keeping Wanda alive, Wanda will grow stronger.and when the time comes that Wanda reach her potential. Chthon will send out his servant like Modred and collect his perfect vessel.
    Kinda the opposite to the comics where Wanda's genetic power came before Chthon's curse.
    That.............Is a Really Interesting Idea for Wanda in Future storytelling in the MCU MaximoffTrash!

Very Impressive and it is along the lines of what I said about Wanda's powers being shown to have connections to mystical dimensions like that of a Dimension of Chaos and with that Chthon.

This could be a good story for a Dr. Strange #2 movie with Wanda as main player, Cthon was the main antagonist and it introduces the different mystical dimensions to fans threw this and could lead to Clea and other characters! ;-)

It can of reminds me of the story from Mystic Arcana: Scarlet Witch as a blueprint idea for this;

Lightbulb

Incredible Member JeanGreyForever's Avatar

Very Glad you Like the Concept JeanGreyForever and Also I should have said this long before;

Welcome to The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread JeanGreyForever, Very Happy to have you Here and Posting with Us!!!

I don't know as much about Wiccan but going by what I have read off him since the Days of Children's Crusade his powers of sourse are mainly unknown still and I just had to go to his wiki info to get a more in-depth on this.

But that did remind me of the factor that allot of his powers while have a inherit connection to the mystical, what mystical not certain, but that he focuses and uses his powers mainly from spell-casting that he learned over time to channel his powers. Not much unlike his mother in her early days with Agatha when her powers where mostly unknown in orgin beyond the mutant gene.

The is just my assessment, Wiccan Fans would know more then me.

More indepth into this click on the wiki link below;

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/William_Kaplan_(Earth-616)
    Aww thank you so much for the warm welcome! It's nice to see so much love on this thread unlike the infighting in some of the X-Books threads! Wanda is one of my fav characters, probably second after Jean.

I'm not that familiar with Wiccan either besides Children's Crusade. I imagine that since he is Wanda's son, he must tap into the same type of magical sources she would, especially now that she is no longer a mutant and is focusing more on her natural wicca abilities.

Your concept of these different magical characters tapping into different sources of power sounds like a great basis for a supernatural team of Avengers or Defenders. Each character could focus on a different type of magic so all together they would be able to protect Earth or the Multiverse from a horde of supernatural threats.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Aww thank you so much for the warm welcome! It's nice to see so much love on this thread unlike the infighting in some of the X-Books threads! Wanda is one of my fav characters, probably second after Jean.

I'm not that familiar with Wiccan either besides Children's Crusade. I imagine that since he is Wanda's son, he must tap into the same type of magical sources she would, especially now that she is no longer a mutant and is focusing more on her natural wicca abilities.

Your concept of these different magical characters tapping into different sources of power sounds like a great basis for a supernatural team of Avengers or Defenders. Each character could focus on a different type of magic so all together they would be able to protect Earth or the Multiverse from a horde of supernatural threats.
    Very Glad you like the idea of concept of the magical characters, While I would not go around calling myself an expect on it, I have read enough to the special connection many of these mystical heroes have to different dimensions and how with that it gives incredible power and master over many powers that would make such a team of Mystics like a Mystical Defenders or Secret Avengers or Midnight Sons or Mystical Arcana League such a Good Idea cause they would come from all over the marvel verse!

I have heard it bantered around the boards allot, espically a Midnight Sons book that I think it would really gain some track-son if put to thought, hopefully after legacy starts that might be a thing! ;-)

As for Wiccan yea his powers did come from Wanda and his heritage to her being her reincarnated son, but after that with the change in origns for Wanda it is hard now to say if Wiccan is a Mutant or his Mystical connection is genetic by his heritage to Wanda's Bloodline or maybe something else, like I said Wiccan fans know the best. I would best bet that yea it is a simliar way of power tapping that his Mom does.

Also, glad you like the thread and the nice nature we have around here with each other JeanGreyForever. Even during debts and in-depth talks we all share a friendship with each other and we all just want to see the BEST for our Wanda after so long with not having her and her going threw So Much Wrong and Hardship done to her character the last decade.

This is a place to learn and have Fun with Wanda, whether you are brand new to Wanda cause you just started to like her form seeing her in the MCU or reading her for the 1st time in a comic or are a long time Veteran of her character, we are all on equal ground on the thread here in acceptance and we appreciate that we each exist to liking this Lady of Magic threw our own Unique Ways!

In the End we all just Want the Best for our Wanda and to Enjoy Everything and share everything we can about her to Expanded Wanda's Fanbase!

Incredible Member

Thanks CJ!
    Though my idea for Dr.Strange is Mordo on a killing spree to rid Earth of unwanted magic people.
    It will start with Mordo hunting down some Mhuruuks, and he chased one of them to Clea's hideout(assuming she is a fugitive from Dark Dimension to run from her uncle)
    In desperation Clea seeks Stephen's help, and Stephen offers her people shelter. But his actions of protecting Dark Dimension dwellers are questioned by others in Karma-Taj. Considering his previous action of taking in Wanda, whose power is potentially dangerous, already caused some objections.(Wanda joined Stephen after A4.) The story will be about Wanda's mystic connections(just hinted), Stephen's inner and outer crisis of handling his job as Sorcerer Supreme.
    And make Mordo OP somehow,(like he collects bunch of magic artifacts), but still end up defeated by Stephen, Wanda and Clea.(Wanda gets another power boost.)
    Then in the aftercredits, Modred will be summonedqby his lord for a mission. Leading to a movie about Nights of Wundagore.