Page 153 of 166 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2487

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    According to a widely reported rumor Anya Taylor-Joy has been cast to play Magik in the New Mutants movie.

Attachment 34317

Has anyone seen 'The Witch' and can comment on her performance? And is the movie as good as the critics say?
    The Witch is great and Anya delivers an incredibly affecting performance. She could really be the perfect Yana. If you like psychologically disturbing thrillers with strong feminist slants, then The Witch is for you. It isn't a straight-out horror film the way it was marketed to be.

I argue The Witch technically is a Horror film with feminist themes, just that it doesn't act like a typical Horror film but yes, The Witch is excellent and Anya Taylor-Joy is among the film's best aspects and would be perfect as Magik if the rumor were true.

From this week's X-Position, Jeff Lemire commented on Magik & Sapna...

"Sapna is a new character I created, so she means a lot to me, and she allows me to more fully explore both the mystical side of Marvel, which I love, but also Magik, my favorite X-Man. The Magik/Sapna storyline has been percolating since issue #1, and it will finally boil over and take center stage in our next arc, entitled "Kingdoms Fall." That will begin in Issue #13."

Yay

I wonder if Ramos will be on art or if they will give it to Ibanez.

art by Magickmarker

Marcello Holanda

So looks like Magik will be absent from EXM until at least issue #12 or 13. So July/August time frame.

However, she should be appearing in Civil War II: X-Men & Doctor Strange over the rest of spring and early summer.

Wow, I can hear a pin drop in here...

Anyways, Magik continues her appearances in Doctor Strange with issue # 7!

She is featured pretty prominently among the Marvel Universe's "magicians".

If you haven't been reading Doc Strange, I strongly recommend it. Illyana should play a part in the next couple of issues.

Quick question: when has it been established that Magik's teleportation is a magical teleportation? It's always been her mutant power ever since.

it hasnt, it just Aaron beign Aaron and not doing his research.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    Quick question: when has it been established that Magik's teleportation is a magical teleportation? It's always been her mutant power ever since.
    I happen to be rereading some of the Bendis UXM and in #19 (2014) Illyana couldn't teleport and stated that the new sentinels were doing something to block the X-Men's mutant powers, so she resorted to sorcery. When did you see her teleportation described as a magical teleportation?

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    I happen to be rereading some of the Bendis UXM and in #19 (2014) Illyana couldn't teleport and stated that the new sentinels were doing something to block the X-Men's mutant powers, so she resorted to sorcery. When did you see her teleportation described as a magical teleportation?
    It was said a few times from Bendis' UXN. Bendis wasn't kidding that he read back-issues of Magik but I don't understand why Magik said her teleportation is magical, unless there have been some inconsistency here or there. Magik's teleportation was also described as magical from Dennis Hopeless Secret Wars Inferno tie-in. I really hope Magik's teleporting ability isn't retconned as magical rather than her mutant ability.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    It was said a few times from Bendis' UXN. Bendis wasn't kidding that he read back-issues of Magik but I don't understand why Magik said her teleportation is magical, unless there have been some inconsistency here or there. Magik's teleportation was also described as magical from Dennis Hopeless Secret Wars Inferno tie-in. I really hope Magik's teleporting ability isn't retconned as magical rather than her mutant ability.
    He said that her mutant power was connected to magic, which it is, since it is connected to Limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    He said that her mutant power was connected to magic, which it is, since it is connected to Limbo.
    Exactly. I thought it was established back in the 80s that her stepping discs use Limbo as a transit point between wherever she is and wherever she's going. There's the mystical connection that way.
    I wonder if her magical power loss will affect the school in Limbo over in EXM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Wow, I can hear a pin drop in here...

Anyways, Magik continues her appearances in Doctor Strange with issue # 7!

She is featured pretty prominently among the Marvel Universe's "magicians".

If you haven't been reading Doc Strange, I strongly recommend it. Illyana should play a part in the next couple of issues.
    Are we aesthetically accurate with the Illyana we know in Extraordinary X-Men, Andru?
    Or is she still sporting razor bangs in the Bachalo hot pants?
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Are we aesthetically accurate with the Illyana we know in Extraordinary X-Men, Andru?
    Or is she still sporting razor bangs in the Bachalo hot pants?
    She's still sporting the old look. It's strange that they can't seems to get their act together, it's been months.