Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Loki: Agent of Asgard #6

The biggest comic event of the fall is just around the corner. But first, prepare yourself for Avengers & X-Men: AXIS as the heroes and villains of the Marvel Universe set the stage for an epic clash between the Red Skull's armies and the united front of Avengers & X-Men. Today, Marvel is proud to present your first look at LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD #6 as the 'March to AXIS' continues! The creative team of writer Al Ewing and special guest artist Jorge Coelho bring the God of Mischief into the AXIS fold as Loki returns from his adventures in the Tenth Realm to face...Doctor Doom?! With his charge Valeria Richards at his side, he'll stop at nothing to put an end to the God of Mischief! But why? What does this have to do with the Red Skull's plot in the pages of Avengers & X-Men: AXIS? Find out as the fan-favorite series returns this September in LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD #6!

Full preview here.

Right then. If Ewing pulls of writing Doom and Valeria good, he'll officially be my favourite writer.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Things don't look too good for Loki. Looking foward to where this goes, esp with Val involved.
    Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

I've enjoyed Ewing's Loki so far and this seems to continue the trend. Doom really does seem to be in a dominant position but we will se what happens.

BANNED

All fall to the might of Doom's almighty pimp hand of steel.

This book's 2.99 still right? I may trade wait something to pick this up.
    Doop Was Right

Sorry to ask this, but just a point of information: could someone explain to me why Valeria is living with Doom and acting as his sidekick and why the Richards seem to be alright with this? I know that Doom is her godfather so he won't harm her, but why is she not with her parents? I know that there was a recent FF story where the kids were taken away because they were being placed in danger, but how could that justify sending a 4 year old to live with Doom? Thanks!

This looks INCREDIBLE!!!

DOOM! (but int he good way!)

I will miss Lee Garbett while he is gone (he and Al Ewing just seem to have an excellent synergy going on between them) but a fight between Doom and Loki promises to be amazing no matter who is drawing it.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    Sorry to ask this, but just a point of information: could someone explain to me why Valeria is living with Doom and acting as his sidekick and why the Richards seem to be alright with this? I know that Doom is her godfather so he won't harm her, but why is she not with her parents? I know that there was a recent FF story where the kids were taken away because they were being placed in danger, but how could that justify sending a 4 year old to live with Doom? Thanks!
    It is a bit peculiar that her parents treat her this way but Val wrote a letter to them saying that she was unhappy about the way things stood between them. I can't recall the entire text but part of it was that Reed was hiding things from the family again during Fraction's run. So she said Doom offered to have her stay with him and she went. As I said, it is peculiar because she is only 3 years old but reasons and speaks like an adult. I figure she must have approached Doom about this move because she has been the one that has been suggesting that he take on this new ission by trying to improve the world.
    Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

OK, thanks very much. I can buy this - Valeria is, as I recall, smarter than Reed. And she is eventually going to be an immortal goddess, along with her brother Franklin. So, I can accept that a three year old as unbelievably smart as she is would be given a great deal of autonomy by her parents. She kind of reminds me of Winter from "Miracleman".

You know you live in a broken home when you go to Dr. Doom for shelter.
    Doop Was Right

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    You know you live in a broken home when you go to Dr. Doom for shelter.
    All three characters in one comic! I'm excited here!

Doom must have a thing for little shits. First Namor, then Val and now Loki.