Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Edge of Spider-Verse, #3

The Spider-Verse inches ever closer as every Spider-Man from every universe prepares for multiversal war against a common foe. Today, Marvel is proud to present your first look at EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #3 - the next chapter is the blockbuster 5-issue mini-series showcasing a new creative team and new spider character each issue! Rising star Dustin Weaver (INFINITY, Avengers) pulls triple duty as he writes, draws and colors a brand new creation - Dr. Aaron Aikman: Spider-Man!
    As Aikman dons the helmet of his Spider-Man suit composed of bleeding-edge technology, he confronts the evil that plagues his New York City. As the villainous Red Eye and Naahmurah wreak havoc on his world, only Spider-Man stands capable of saving the day! But is he prepared for the onslaught of Spider-Verse and the coming of Morlun? Find out when the wildly imaginative sci-fi Spider-Man makes his debut in EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #3 this September!

Full article here.

Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

I think the art looks great. I wonder what is going to separate The Spider-Man from Spider-Man 2099?

Quote Originally Posted by MatchesMalone View Post
    I think the art looks great. I wonder what is going to separate The Spider-Man from Spider-Man 2099?
    If his powers are strictly derived from the suit, why would Morlun want to kill a simple human? Kind of confused here. I thought that Morlun only attacked people with powers per se.
    You don't have to break it to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by MatchesMalone View Post
    I'd say this looks to have a slightly heavier sci-fi bent. Both Spider-man and his nemesis rely heavily on cybernetics.

The art is great, and I like that it looks like Weaver took the time to really imagine the world this Spider-man exists in.

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    If his powers are strictly derived from the suit, why would Morlun want to kill a simple human? Kind of confused here. I thought that Morlun only attacked people with powers per se.
    The spider is technically involved.

It definitely looks like there's a biomechanical aspect to Aikman's powers, so it's not just the suit.

Well this is an interesting Spider-Man. I'm really liking the design.

Dose sideburns doe...

Holy crap impel marvel universe card templates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    It definitely looks like there's a biomechanical aspect to Aikman's powers, so it's not just the suit.
    That's the impression I got from the previews. That the suit helps augment the powers. This issue is looking good.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thethanosseed View Post
    Dose sideburns doe...
    Reminds me of a 1970s/1980s manga or anime, because sideburns on male characters was a very popular look at that time.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

If I remember correctly from a previous interview, the radioactive spider is powering his suit. It and the doctor are basically co-pilots.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    If I remember correctly from a previous interview, the radioactive spider is powering his suit. It and the doctor are basically co-pilots.
    That's issue 5 by Gerard Way...

iMan 42s

I'm very excited for this. Aikman seems very interesting from the preview, still if the spider isn't involved I'm sure it would still count. There has to be at least one world with a spider-man without any real powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Reminds me of a 1970s/1980s manga or anime, because sideburns on male characters was a very popular look at that time.
    Took the words right out of my mouth...