Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default In Your Face Jam - Aug 27, 2014

If you can't get enough of seeing Marvel's muscular males in ridiculous swimsuits, then Brett White has a treat for you.

Full article here.

Senior Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Cap is the sexiest of these Specials, honestly (and probably the best style of art, too.) Like, that is some ass. Are we sure Chris Evans can't do an photographic recreation of that pose? The fangirls on Tumblr would go mad.

I would be entirely up for some Kevin Wada Swimsuit Specials, yes sirree *giggles*.

Hector and Northstar met at Rick Jones' wedding to Marlo Chandler.

I recall an article (I think it was Cracked because I read a lot of that but it might be somewhere else) about strange letters sent to Marvel in-boxes back in the day and one of them was about the Swimsuit specials. It was a woman who said she enjoyed the Thor pictures and requested more, including naked ones. It was quite funny, there was a lot of enthusiasm for nude Thor. Does anybody have a link to that?
    Current Monthly Pulls (though I buy a ton of trades and stuff as well all the time):
    DC: Trinity of Sin, Justice League, Justice League United, Constantine, Justice League Dark, Smallville Season 11 Minis, Arrow Season 2.5
    Marvel: Avengers, New Avengers, Avengers World

Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Batgirl (Babs), Larfleeze, Green Arrow

Hyped for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

I do appreciate how bonkers these things are. "Surreal" is underrated.

I never realized until now how hot Colossus could be
    I'm kind of disappointed with Iceman though...I expected better.

Frank Cho should be added to that list of folks who can do sexy guy pinups. I know he's the king of sexualized women, but he also draws ridiculously hot guys.

Brett White says he has no real idea why the Marvel Swimsuit Specials exist. They exist because Marvel copied the idea from Amazing Heroes, which copied the idea from Sports Illustrated, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I never realized until now how hot Colossus could be
    Can't go wrong with a guy who whose mutant power is to become bigger and harder.
    "You'll let me know when his revolution starts."

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'd definitely pick up an All-New Marvel Now! Swimsuit Special … even though it'd probably be at least $9.99 today.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

I agree with Brett's observation that images of the super-dudes from the specials in bikinis are not presented as sexually attractive as the ladies are - and that's because the artists simply don't know how to do so. Unlike Milo Manara, whose day job is drawing sexy ladies in sexy poses.

So Marvel really should hire artists who specialize in sexy dudes for the (hypothetical) updated version of their swimsuit specials, or sexy-dude alternate covers. Artists like Logan, HellboySoto, Belasco, aenaluck, silverjow, Noxypia, Silencio, Glen Hanson, Patrick Fillion, Jacob Mott, Benoît Prévot, HvH or Luxurious. That would be ground-breakingly progressive.

And they'd probably sell a ton of books.

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeGH View Post
    Frank Cho should be added to that list of folks who can do sexy guy pinups. I know he's the king of sexualized women, but he also draws ridiculously hot guys.
    TOTALLY. He is such an amazing artist.

Jo Chen draws beautiful men as well. She was doing covers for awhile, where did she go? I would love to see more work from her at Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    Can't go wrong with a guy who whose mutant power is to become bigger and harder.
    Oh god, I'll never look at him without laughing now. He's even ribbed. (for her pleasure?)

You can't see it here, but the book Cap is studying as his beach reading is the American Constitution. Brilliant.
    "Self has no time for this."

First thought: Damn T'Challa.

Second thought: T'Challa, please stop bathing in toxic waste.

And I would also like to buy an All-New Marvel Now! Swimsuit Special, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric V View Post
    Hector and Northstar met at Rick Jones' wedding to Marlo Chandler.
    Correct--they were showing talking and flirting together. The Swimsuit Special appearance would seem to be confirmation that the two of them did end up having a brief relationship--which was quite a landmark for Northstar who barely had any personal life for ages.