Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Death of Wolverine, #1

IT'S THE BEGINNING OF THE END - 3 MONTHS TO DIE ENDS HERE!
    • The beginning of the end is now here ... THE DEATH OF WOLVERINE!
    • THREE MONTHS TO DIE, the loss of Wolverine's healing factor--all led to this, the single most important X-Men event of the decade.
    • Logan has spent over a century being the best there is at what he does...but even the best fade away eventually.
    • Over the years, Logan has been a warrior, a hero, a renegade, a samurai, a teacher-and so much more. But now, the greatest X-Men hero will play a role he's never played before in this special weekly event brought to you by industry superstars Charles Soule and Steve McNiven.

Full article here.

BANNED

Wow....Ten variant covers

It's a pun

Holy variants, Batman!

So altogether, I got a resounding 'meh'. Still split on whether I should pick this up.

Also, I haven't been reading Wolverine, but is that supposed to be his old house from Origin? Or am I just completely off?
    There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Art's great, I'm guessing the "miracle cure" will come from either Hank or Reed.

affable sidekick material ScruffyLovin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will of the Geeks View Post
    Holy variants, Batman!

So altogether, I got a resounding 'meh'. Still split on whether I should pick this up.

Also, I haven't been reading Wolverine, but is that supposed to be his old house from Origin? Or am I just completely off?
    No, the estate from Origin was shown to have been turned into a shopping mall way back at the beginning of Soule's arc.

Interesting how the Hulk has a withered green pepper look on the one variant cover. I wonder what other not so fresh vegetables other Marvel Super Heroes could morph into?

I like the art as well. Wonder who will appear in this besides almost dead Logan.
    A year long I decided not to post a thing, but now,... I'm back., I'm back...!

Is he really gonna go bye-bye?! I mean... WOW! Marvel is really changing. Wolverine dead, Thor will have a transgender chirurgical operation, Cap A. is a geriatric, Furry'll dye also, Iron Man will become Tin-Man, lots of changes.

Should we buy comics anymore?
    Last edited by giculopi; 08-28-2014 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by giculopi View Post
    Is he really gonna go bye-bye?! I mean... WOW! Marvel is really changeing. Wolverine dead, Thor will have a transgender chirurgical operation, Cap A. is a geriatric, Furry'll dye also, Iron Man will become Tin-Man, lots of changes.

Should we buy comics anymore?
    Why not?
    Im excited to see how his death will effect the people that had to do with them especially Daken and Laura. Maybe one of them will fill out the shoes of him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Why not?
    Im excited to see how his death will effect the people that had to do with them especially Daken and Laura. Maybe one of them will fill out the shoes of him.
    There's nothing unexpected. We all know that Laura will be sad, and Daken will be happy.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Can I follow this without reading the previous and current volumes of Wolverine?

'cuz that alien virus arc wasn't that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    There's nothing unexpected. We all know that Laura will be sad, and Daken will be happy.
    Oh yeah but we don't know how it will effect them in the future.
    In a preview we can already see that Laura will be leaving the ANXM. Will she just mourn and then join them again or will she continue alone and use her assassin skills to avenge him or will she take over the role of Wolverine?
    It's stuff like that that Im excited about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Can I follow this without reading the previous and current volumes of Wolverine?
    Yes, of course. There was a complete story. This will be new.
    Last edited by Logan; 08-28-2014 at 07:59 AM.

I'm looking forward to this. Logan has long been one of my favorite characters, and in fact was my hands down favorite back in the day. Marvel really hasn't been kind to him lately, though. Making him side with the Avengers over the X-men was a terrible out-of-character move IMO, and other than in Remender's Uncanny X-Force he just hasn't felt like the same badass character for quite some time. So hopefully they send him off in style in this mini.

Some time off due to "being dead" might be just what he needs. In the meantime, I'll save a lot of money each month on comics. Nothing Marvel is putting out really interests me right now other than X-Force, and the numbers aren't great on it right now. So if that goes, I'll be completely out. Kind of sad, but after 20+ years it may be time to finally get off the Marvel train...

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Based on what we've heard about Legacy of Logan, Daken's reaction may be much more complicated than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Oh yeah but we don't know how it will effect them in the future.
    In a preview we can already see that Laura will be leaving the ANXM. Will she just mourn and then join them again or will she continue alone and use her assassin skills to avenge him or will she take over the role of Wolverine?
    It's stuff like that that Im excited about.
    Wouldn't complain about Laura taking over the Wolverine solo to keep it running during his death. It would DEFINITELY be superior to an "inverted" Sabretooth doing it, which some people are suggesting Axis is building to (and would be incredibly stupid).