Page 569 of 657 FirstFirst ... 69469519559565566567568569570571572573579619 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 9845

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Ooh. Source and artist? Looks nice! (Though I like the X design in her new one a bit better. )
    All I know is this is from Earth 295, AOA and shes called 'The Queen' in that universe? I was looking through some photos on my comp and saw it lol
    No Mutant Will Kneel To HYDRA

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Old news but why did they replace Emma with Magik on the cover to SE: United?

Her entire stint as an X-man (nearly 15 years) has been by Scott's side in some form and highly relevant to where she is as a character right now, less so than her early years
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How didnt it? Her tenure following her arrival in New X-men is hard to seperate from him. Its not simply that they were on the same team like Emma and Wolverine for example. It was very well intertwined with Scott. None of her stint as an X-man can be seperated from him as they were linked from that beginning and he's even been her motivation in death up through her exile from the team. You may want to disagree but Im not the one that wrote the stories and there's 15 years worth of material to support that
    Someone higher up wanted Emma pulled from the cover. Probably because it has her fighting Hydra, which is only what the good guys are supposed to be doing.

Emma's character doesn't revolve around Scott, and certainly not to the point where she'd go insane and against all her previous characterization because of it. Remember, she was a teacher for Gen X, which was essentially the Massachusetts division of the X-men, and that was before she was involved with Scott.

The face kind of reminds me of Cassaday's Emma.

I love Scott and Emma in a relationship, and I think it's more than a tiny part of her history, but I completely agree that her heroism is connected to her own choices, particularly as a teacher, and not "to make Scott proud" or something stupid like that. That being said, I'm kind of looking forward to the creepy weirdness of Emma hitting on young Scott. We already had the creepy weirdness of Scott hitting on young Jean, seems fair enough to me.
    Eh, Jeen hit on adult Scott. Not the other way around. Scott shot her down without hesitation. And then Kitty still blamed Scott.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Of all the things to be surprised about...

I've actually seen a few people comment that they'd want teen Scott and Emma to hook up.

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I knew her current costume seemed familiar
    How is this similar to her current costume? I mean, aside from being white?
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    How is this similar to her current costume? I mean, aside from being white?
    I guess because she's also wearing a ridiculous skirt?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zeddfrost View Post
    I guess because she's also wearing a ridiculous skirt?
    Well, the lace-up corset top is similar to the bulletproof Emma variant cover, but not to her actual current outfit.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

She was deeply involved with him, but she had her own missions and goals and evolution separate of him. Even in Whedon's run, which focused very heavily on their growing love for each other, she has her own arc that Scott is involved in, but not because they are romantic, but because he understands her.

I disagree with your interpretation of the material. I'm not one who believes that Emma is completely free of any Scott-related motivation or feelings - that's silly - but I do think she's not just Scott's lover.
    I agree with you.

Emma's own agenda of fighting for mutant rights in her way and working to save her students is the real basis of her character...NOT her relationship with Scott.

They weren't like Jean & Scott who were inseparable and symbiotic. Emma (and Scott) were repeatedly shown to lead their own groups and even keep things from each other.

Spectacular Member oldscottsummers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zeddfrost View Post
    Of all the things to be surprised about...

I've actually seen a few people comment that they'd want teen Scott and Emma to hook up.

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!
    people love scemma

Not gonna lie. I love ScEmma too. I'm torn on teen Scott and Emma, though. Seems more than a bit statutory and all that.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    people love scemma
    Easily my favorite comic book romance.

We are the people who made Cyclops and Emma Frost's holiday vacation fanfic the #1!

So it was ok when Rahne hookedup with a student she was supposed to be mentoring, but a younger version of Emma's love isn't?

Double standards.

I don't want to see it anymore than anyone doing anything with teen Jean especially since they keep drawing her SO YOUNG! There's a preview of her in a Goblin Queen outfit that is SO freakin pedo......draw the girl like she's older for F sake

I assume teen Scott (As awful as he is) is legal age so Emma can have sexual relations with him so it isn't creepy.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Dick Grayson, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!