Page 770 of 773 FirstFirst ... 270670720760766767768769770771772773 LastLast
Results 11,536 to 11,550 of 11594

Is there any explanation why Magik is allowed to stay on the X-Men or even Storm and others who were complicit in Emma's plans to subdue the Inhumans?

Why I ask about Magik is because she was in most agreement and complicit with Emma's plans, and yet the X-Men are OK with her staying.

Also, I think if a lot of fans complain about editorial mistreatment of Emma, they can change things. It's not unprecedented.

Also need to make noise on getting women and POC to write LEAD x-titles. I want to see Kathryn Immonen on the X-Men!! She wrote a good Emma in Heralds and Pixie Strikes Back!
    Last edited by ButterRum; 02-12-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Is there any explanation why Magik is allowed to stay on the X-Men or even Storm and others who were complicit in Emma's plans to subdue the Inhumans?

Why I ask about Magik is because she was in most agreement and complicit with Emma's plans, and yet the X-Men are OK with her staying.

Also, I think if a lot of fans complain about editorial mistreatment of Emma, they can change things. It's not unprecedented.

Also need to make noise on getting women and POC to write LEAD x-titles. I want to see Kathryn Immonen on the X-Men!! She wrote a good Emma in Heralds and Pixie Strikes Back!
    Emma and Emma alone can own her actions during IvX. Magik nor Storm slaughtered a blimp filled of innoncent Inhumans. Magik and Storm were manipulated and didnt do anything wrong and not more than the other X-men. Why pinpoint those two? Emma didnt share everything with them. For what its worth, Storm pretty much demoted herself and has been punishing herself for failures even before IvX

Incredible Member

No, there hasn't been any explanation. The simple answer is that they want to assassinate Emma, and need some other characters to support her for them to reach their goal. But they don't care about the inconsistency, so they let it pass as characters like Magik aren't their focus.

And might as well get her husband as the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Emma and Emma alone can own her actions during IvX. Magik nor Storm slaughtered a blimp filled of innoncent Inhumans. Magik and Storm were manipulated and didnt do anything wrong and not more than the other X-men. Why pinpoint those two? Emma didnt share everything with them. For what its worth, Storm pretty much demoted herself and has been punishing herself for failures even before IvX
    Lol Oh, I forgot about the part with Emma murdering the crappy Inhumans. The actual slaughter happened off-panel, so it was very anticlimactic...

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    No, there hasn't been any explanation. The simple answer is that they want to assassinate Emma, and need some other characters to support her for them to reach their goal. But they don't care about the inconsistency, so they let it pass as characters like Magik aren't their focus.

And might as well get her husband as the artist.
    Magik shoved the Inhumans into Limbo, and that's some Black-Mirror-level horror. Dazzler was also complicit in capturing and caging Black Bolt.

Speaking of Black Mirror, the tv show makes me realize how absolutely horrifying a telepath could be... I would say Jessica Jones (the TV show) did a good job of that too. IMO, comics have kinda taken telepathy for granted like it's no big deal, or maybe comics are just not a good medium to demonstrate such horror.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 02-12-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Mighty Member

I think Butter Rum asks about the period between DoX and IvX. When Lemire's Extraordinary X-Men happened. The big crime of Emma (destroying those 3 Zeppelins with Sentinels) happened in the last issue of IvX with Sentinels she built by brainwashing Forge off panel.

I don't think Emma was expulsed from the X-Men after Death of X, she just kinda retired for some months to mourn, plot her revenge and the destruction of the second cloud. She was accepted back with no problems in the first issue of IvX.
    It is at the end of IvX that Emma crosses a line that makes her not be an X-Men (or a regular xmen) anymore. Although then, later she was a minister in New Tian working closely with Warren and Beast, and a lot of mutants lived there. IIRC Bishop, Forge, Boom Boom, Magik, Shatterstar, Guido, Rictor, 616Blink, Psylocke, Marrow, Rahne, Mondo, Toad, Havok, Firestar were shown to be there (apart from Shaw, Emma, Warren, Beast and Xorn).

Jean Grey resurrection made me think Emma isn't a wanted criminal anymore, but she also isn't an x-man anymore. I think whatever happens with the Mothervine is supposed to happen before Jean Grey resurrection and the last issues of Jean Grey.

I don't think the X-Office had truly planned IvX before the relaunch, for example, Magik argues with Sunfire over his involvement with 'Scott' and Emma, yet it's later revealed that she was a part of it too. - I guess this is what happens when you hype a story but don't know what that is.

900th post!
    Last edited by WheelchairX; 02-13-2018 at 03:10 AM.
    My Favourite Quotes:

Emma/Kitty: "This children, is Kitty Pryde, who apparently feels the need to make a grand entrance/I'm sorry. I was busy remembering to put on all my clothes/So gushingly glad you could join us"

Emma: "I love what you've done with the place, Kitty. It's like every thirteen year-old girl's dream. Where do you keep the unicorns? And, oh look, a redhead. How novel"

Psylocke: "If you don't get that glass out of my face, I'm going to jam it sideways straight up your bum"

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think Butter Rum asks about the period between DoX and IvX. When Lemire's Extraordinary X-Men happened. The big crime of Emma (destroying those 3 Zeppelins with Sentinels) happened in the last issue of IvX with Sentinels she built by brainwashing Forge off panel.

I don't think Emma was expulsed from the X-Men after Death of X, she just kinda retired for some months to mourn, plot her revenge and the destruction of the second cloud. She was accepted back with no problems in the first issue of IvX.
    It is at the end of IvX that Emma crosses a line that makes her not be an X-Men (or a regular xmen) anymore. Although then, later she was a minister in New Tian working closely with Warren and Beast, and a lot of mutants lived there. IIRC Bishop, Forge, Boom Boom, Magik, Shatterstar, Guido, Rictor, 616Blink, Psylocke, Marrow, Rahne, Mondo, Toad, Havok, Firestar were shown to be there (apart from Shaw, Emma, Warren, Beast and Xorn).

Jean Grey resurrection made me think Emma isn't a wanted criminal anymore, but she also isn't an x-man anymore. I think whatever happens with the Mothervine is supposed to happen before Jean Grey resurrection and the last issues of Jean Grey.
    Well that doesnt make sense since Emma wasnt seen as the villian of DoX and Storm and Magik werent complicit to what she had done (that wasnt revealed until IvX). Butter Rum responded to my post and didnt mention DoX, so that original post was about IVX

I love Emma.
    Love her to bits.
    Can't wait to have her back to better.

BUT.... all the X-Folks she lead against the Inhumans during IvX were under the impression that their mission was simple: Delay/Detain the Inhumans so they can Destroy the Terrigen Cloud.

Now, I STILL do not appreciate how it all ended -- with our beloved Emma going fully mental -- but SHE and SHE alone, went off book when she BOOMED that BLIMP.

Its utter nonsense and I hate that it managed to get printed, but the other X-Men aren't responsible for the actions of ONE of their members going nuts.
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Emma

by Kris Anka

This is stunning!! Consider me GAGGED

Nobody cares about mass murder or genocide. Take Jean Grey, Wanda, Namor, Beast, Tony Stark, Black Panther, Wolverine, Reed Richard, Medusa and Black Bolt for instance.

Emma was right!!!
    Yeah, baby, Cyclops was right! Cyclops was right yet again! Cyclops is always right!! So bring RightClops back.

Incredible Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Nobody cares about mass murder or genocide. Take Jean Grey, Wanda, Namor, Beast, Tony Stark, Black Panther, Wolverine, Reed Richard, Medusa and Black Bolt for instance.

Emma was right!!!

Is that right?! Both of these ladies were taken out of comics for YEARS. Six to ten years to be exact, let's at least apply context.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Is that right?! Both of these ladies were taken out of comics for YEARS. Six to ten years to be exact, let's at least apply context.
    Exactly. Jean was killed off and Wanda was exiled in limbo. Emma is actually faring better than them bc she is still being used

Incredible Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Exactly. Jean was killed off and Wanda was exiled in limbo. Emma is actually faring better than them bc she is still being used
    Not trying to derail this thread, but if I hear this narrative that "Jean or Wanda did X and was immediately forgiven" again. Sure they were let off easy, if you consider being dead or irreverent for YEARS as a slap on the wrist...

I know that Emma fans are upset by her current narrative, but Emma unlike so many in limbo or worse actually has writers who like her and is still being used. She has a direction at least, there's many many characters who have a worse fate than her at the moment.

I repeat. Nobody cares about mass murder or genocide. None of the genocidal were punished.

Every genocidal is a hero in the Marvel Universe. The same about fascists.

Jean Grey, Wanda, Captain America, Tony Stark, Namor, Beast, Black Panther, Reed Richard, Thor, Medusa and Black Bolt.

Emma should have committed genocide, as well as Cyclops. They would be loved by all.

Last edited by CuteClops; 02-13-2018 at 04:17 PM.
    Yeah, baby, Cyclops was right! Cyclops was right yet again! Cyclops is always right!! So bring RightClops back.

Emma

by Kris Anka

Ripped jeans and a septum piercing? Tsk! Far too common for Emma, dahling!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!