Page 646 of 712 FirstFirst ... 146546596636642643644645646647648649650656696 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,690 of 10679

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Any word from Secret Empire Omega?
    I'll post scans later, unless someone beats me to it, but the scene, while good and on-point, feel so perfunctory and ultimately pointless. We already know New Tian was going away (and it does...and in a very...shall we say utterly tasteless fashion). Emma has a heart to heart with Hank about her time in New Tian and the whole scene (while great) is consistent with just how inconsistent she's been treated in SE and the X-Books in general.

How does everyone feel about the rumors that Jessica Chastain is playing Emma.

Also would anyone be amazing and post Emma's scans from SE Omega cause my comic shop is still closed
    No Mutant Will Kneel To HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    How does everyone feel about the rumors that Jessica Chastain is playing Emma.

Also would anyone be amazing and post Emma's scans from SE Omega cause my comic shop is still closed
    Chastain as Emma? Sure I can get on board...but I think my brain has now been conditioned to not expect anything good in regards to Emma given the current comic milieu.

Though I am so happy that the so-called comic book journalists 'predictions' about Lilandra are seemingly wrong.

I just read Secret Empire Omega. Emma doesn't have a huge part in it, but she does make some important points. In fact, she basically articulates a lot of the opinions that Emma Frost fans have expressed in this thread. It's probably the most balanced I've seen Emma depicted in quite some time. It shows that, as devious as she can be, she does have the best interests of mutants at heart. She believes in creating a better world for them and not in the Magneto sort of way.

I won't spoil the rest, but it does leave Emma in an interesting position. I still think it's too early for her to win back the trust of her fellow X-men. I also don't think she's set to become a cold-blooded villain again. Depending on how Psi-War plays out, her story can go in any number of directions. But I don't think it's quite as dire as it seemed during Secret Empire.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I just read Secret Empire Omega. Emma doesn't have a huge part in it, but she does make some important points. In fact, she basically articulates a lot of the opinions that Emma Frost fans have expressed in this thread. It's probably the most balanced I've seen Emma depicted in quite some time. It shows that, as devious as she can be, she does have the best interests of mutants at heart. She believes in creating a better world for them and not in the Magneto sort of way.

I won't spoil the rest, but it does leave Emma in an interesting position. I still think it's too early for her to win back the trust of her fellow X-men. I also don't think she's set to become a cold-blooded villain again. Depending on how Psi-War plays out, her story can go in any number of directions. But I don't think it's quite as dire as it seemed during Secret Empire.
    Man...I really would like some of the Marvel Kool-Aid you've been drinking

(I kid, lest you get offended )

I thought Emma's scene was amazing. It is not only affecting, but even a little meta: no matter what she does, the writers of history (read: the comics) will always see her as a villain.

Seems legit....

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...s-yu-december/

I guess I don't care. Unless this brings up the stupid slut-shaming, home-wrecking, 'oh but what about the psychic affair' nonsense again. And they'll probably throw in Firestar's stupid horse too.

Quote Originally Posted by zeddfrost View Post
    Seems legit....

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...s-yu-december/

I guess I don't care. Unless this brings up the stupid slut-shaming, home-wrecking, 'oh but what about the psychic affair' nonsense again. And they'll probably throw in Firestar's stupid horse too.
    I'm hoping those personal issues are resolved during the psi-wars arc. That takes place before December so maybe we'll get some sort of closure. Personally, I would love it if Emma Frost and Jean Grey agreed to basically stop harping on the psychic affair issue. There's just no way that benefits either of them anymore. Cyclops is already dead. Emma and Cyclops' relationship didn't even work in the long run. So I don't see why they need to keep hating each other over that. Sure, they still have reasons to resent one another, but those reasons are no more logical than the ones Cyclops and Wolverine use to hate each other. And if those two can function together, why can't Jean Grey and Emma Frost?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

I'm hoping those personal issues are resolved during the psi-wars arc. That takes place before December so maybe we'll get some sort of closure. Personally, I would love it if Emma Frost and Jean Grey agreed to basically stop harping on the psychic affair issue. There's just no way that benefits either of them anymore. Cyclops is already dead. Emma and Cyclops' relationship didn't even work in the long run. So I don't see why they need to keep hating each other over that. Sure, they still have reasons to resent one another, but those reasons are no more logical than the ones Cyclops and Wolverine use to hate each other. And if those two can function together, why can't Jean Grey and Emma Frost?
    Because:

1. Jean Grey 'fans'
    2. Editors like Ketchum

Funny thing is that in the books Jean & Emma got along...even after the "affair" they were civil with one another. It was the fans that were the most vindictive...you'd think that Emma was the one that killed off Jean.

Incredible Member Peanutsinspace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Funny thing is that in the books Jean & Emma got along...even after the "affair" they were civil with one another. It was the fans that were the most vindictive...you'd think that Emma was the one that killed off Jean.
    What I would love to see is a Jean Grey and Emma Frost run school.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    What I would love to see is a Jean Grey and Emma Frost run school.
    There is no GIF or image happy enough to express how much I adore this idea.

'Jean and Emma's school of Bad-assery for Gifted Kids'.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I wouldn't say 'get along' exactly...they hardly had any time to live in the post-psychic affair reality before Xorn-Not-Xorn-Not-Magneto killed her. Endsong basically served as a Coda...and in all this they didn't really have a chance to just be in the post-affair status quo.

This is something I would love to see explored though.

No Mutant Will Kneel To HYDRA

Man, Emma is treated waaaay better outside of the X-Books, that's like really funny and sad. I really liked Emma and Hank's little chat in Omega, it honestly looked like they were back to their old relationship kind of like New X-Men / Astonishing, which I like, and I kind of liked it where it ended, now let's just hope she's treated similarly in the future Jean Grey issues.