Super Moderator

Default Submit Your "Magneto" Questions for Cullen Bunn

Cullen Bunn is next week's X-Position guest and CBR wants your questions about all things "Magneto" and his "March to AXIS."

Full article here.

Mr. Bunn,

Since Bendis can't be bothered to see a plot through, is there any chance of Magneto and The Dazzler working together in your book since you're actually addressing the subject of MGH and it's widespread effects on the mutant community?

dear cullen bunn.

why did you agree to the axis tie-in? were you forced to do it, or did you genuinely think your readers would enjoy it?

Writing books like Sinestro, Magneto and (soon to be) Lobo--what is drawing you to write villains now?

Dear Mr. Cullen,

Recent Marvel events for me have become a strain, something I'm forced to read since they directly tie into the current books. They feel more like interruptions than anything else. But with the direction you've given Magneto and considering the actions the Red Skull is taking, this event ties in rather well with this series. So would you mind giving us some behind the scenes stuff for Axis? E.G. Was this originally planned before began Magneto? If not what was the planning like to mold your story into Axis? Were there any discussions as to how Mags' voice would sound between writers? yadda yadda yadda

Thank you
    Last edited by harashkupo; 08-29-2014 at 02:38 AM.
    DIS GUY MUST BE A ALIEN OR SUTIN - gerybaboona

BANNED

Thanks for the great Magneto dialogue. Best book on the market. Can you give a time frame when you think Polaris and his granddaughter Luna may be guest starring in the book? He's pretty close with those two. The sooner, the better. Polaris is not the type of hero to have the typical reaction to Magneto's recent deeds. She basically identifies with his actions like no one else after Genosha.

Once again..thanks.

Mr Bunn,

I think the idea of family has always been an integral part of who Magneto is as well as a source of both his hope and rage from his early childhood to his adult self so my questions are mostly about your take on his relationship with his family:

1.- Since AXIS looks to be a good moment for a family reunion both on the Magneto title and the main event book I would like to ask you: Will House of M be addresed by the family during AXIS or after ? also following the recent steps taken by Magneto on his personal mission as protector of mutantkind Do you think there is still hope for reconciliation between Magneto and his children?

2.- Over in Uncanny Avengers we have seen how Red Skull has made of the Scarlet Witch a target to realize his plans, given Red Skull now commands Xavier telepathic abilities, can we expect to see Magneto share some of his knowledge about Xaviers powers with her or the Avengers to combat Red Skull?

thank you
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-28-2014 at 05:37 PM.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

Will any of the UXM crew show up to pester him for walking out on them?
    "You'll let me know when his revolution starts."

Hi Mr. Bunn!

With Magneto and the Uncanny Avengers team soon to cross paths, will Rogue and Magneto have a moment? Do you think Magneto still has feelings for the Southern Belle?

Thanks!

Hi Cullen,

I am really enjoying your book, especially the last couple issues. The Marauders have always been one of my favourite X-villain teams and the potential usage of them excites me. I have a couple questions:

1) Will any of the Marauders' backstories be revisited? Seeing they're such a diverse mixture of killers, what would be the extent of their development under Magneto's hand?

2) Will you or any writers be visiting Sinister and his reaction to Magneto stealing his clones, if there is a reaction from him?

3) Seeing Joseph returned from the dead in "Magneto: Not a Hero", will we be seeing him or Astra anytime soon?

Thanks,
    Justin K.
    Come participate in All New Draw Me A Marvel Jam I!

Battle of the Atom Name: Justin
    Friend Code: T851D47Z

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Mr. Bunn,

Since Bendis can't be bothered to see a plot through, is there any chance of Magneto and The Dazzler working together in your book since you're actually addressing the subject of MGH and it's widespread effects on the mutant community?
    Dazzler teaming up with Magneto would be an improvement over what's happening in Uncanny right now. Make it happen!
    Come participate in All New Draw Me A Marvel Jam I!

Battle of the Atom Name: Justin
    Friend Code: T851D47Z

Cullen,

I have really loved the book. I like that while I have my suspicions where the book is going, you keep us on our toes. I like that the larger marvel universe really has not yet played a role in the book. they are alluded to and you know it exists...but magneto's journey is his own right now. clearly that is about to change for at least a few issues. I am very excited at the potential story coming out of axis. and how it plays into the series. my only hope is the book survives the experience!

my question is pretty simple... has magneto given up his attempt at redemption? he is still very grey...(murder tends to indicate a return to the old ways). but his cause is Just. how long can he skirt the gray? can he still be redeemed?

Cullen,

Loving this book so much and enjoying where you are taking Magneto.

1) Will you get a chance to have Dazzler help Magneto hunt down the MGH plots?

2) Will you get a chance to have Polaris connect with her father?

3) How will Magneto use his new "Acolytes" (the Marauder clones)?

4) Will you get a chance to have Rogue connect with her former love?
    Please check out my new series People you Know available now here: http://series.peopleyouknowtheseries.com

You can see previews for the episodes here: http://episodes.peopleyouknowtheseries.com

See the show The Advocate calls "A salacious, fast-paced drama" and Huffington Post says "truly reflects the people we all know".

1) I am finding it surprising that Magneto is depending on humans. Rather than going to a drug dealer why isn’t he going to a mutant scientist or even trying to get his daughter Polaris to give him a sample of her DNA? Her X-Gene is functioning and they are from the same strain of mutation as his abilities bred through to her in the second generation.

2) The name Briar means a thorned plant or flower. A deceptive beauty basically. How terrified should Magneto be of Briar?

3) Will we ever find out what happened during the last days of Genosha? We know so little about the six month period of his convalescence on Genosha save that he bonded with Polaris, Quicksilver left the island for some reason and that the island had a huge population explosion with people coming from all over the world notably Emma Frost and Carmen Pryde. It’s struck me as strange that during the time Magneto was incapacitated the war torn nation seemed to be at total peace and it’s economy booming and I have always wondered how he managed that or did his removal from the fray actually make peace possible?

4) Speaking of Genosha what do you perceive the legal status of the Island now. Magneto was the monarch of the island. Upon his death, he for all intents and purposes cut Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch out of the will and named Polaris his heir to the Genoshans. However as Polaris is his bastard child born out of adultery the legality of her claim would be questionable. Also Magneto later resurfaced and it was never made clear if the rights from the island, if they did in fact go to the Polaris went back to Magneto. Since then Magneto has been re-declared an international terrorist. Maybe I’ve watched too much Game of Thrones but I am really curious who is currently the legal holder, wasteland or not of the throne of Genosha?

5) I thought it was an interesting twist with the Marauders. What made you decide to revisit them?

6) I am a bit concerned about the tie-ins coming up. At least how I perceive it a new book tying into a crossover is a risk. You get a sales boost because of the crossover but the existing fans might drop off because the story the book has been telling gets sidelined. Should I be worried that a big company wide crossover might interfere with the dark and almost street level tone of this book?
    Last edited by blanchett; 08-29-2014 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSiryn View Post
    Dazzler teaming up with Magneto would be an improvement over what's happening in Uncanny right now. Make it happen!
    it's weird that he liberated her, he knows she was the original source, he's out now shutting down MGH operations, and yet she hasn't been referenced in the book at all... You'd think Magneto would want to see her flourish in her rage.