Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: All-Star Western, #34

Jonah Hex's adventures come to a most satisfying conclusion as Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti bid the gunslinger farewell in "All-Star Western" #34.

Full review here.

This really was a very satisfying ending. Also always happy to see Cooke's artwork. I really enjoyed this conclusion though I'm sad to see the book go.

Great issue, perfect ending to an amazing run.

I didn't care for this title much. I dropped it when Hex left the old west. I hope though, that they launch a new Jonah Hex series set back in the old west. The series that Palmiotti did prior to the New 52 was hands down one of the best books I ever read. It reminded me of a Clint Eastwood western. No bullshit....no Gotham....just a straight forward cowboy series.

...And yet one more book that i read from the New 52 bites the dust. Most likely to be replaced by yet another Bat-book.

Alas, DC, I knew ye.

The two Aquaman books and The Flash are my only remaining pulls from this turned-out-to-be sorry experiment to which I gave such a HUGE backing. See you after the next 'final' Crisis, DC!
    Top 6 Books Lately: All-New X-Men, Aquaman, Black Science, Five Ghosts, Cyclops, Starlight
    Top 6 Legionnaires: Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Polar Boy, Shadow Lass, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy
    Top 6 X-Men: Cyclops, Iceman, Colossus, Cannonball, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Kenozoic View Post
    ...And yet one more book that i read from the New 52 bites the dust. Most likely to be replaced by yet another Bat-book.

Alas, DC, I knew ye.

The two Aquaman books and The Flash are my only remaining pulls from this turned-out-to-be sorry experiment to which I gave such a HUGE backing. See you after the next 'final' Crisis, DC!
    Yes because Gi zombie and klarion and lobo and multiversity and futures end and earth two worlds end and infinity man and new suicide squad and new teen titans and trinity of sin all books introduced in the last two months are "bat books" ........... Rolls eyes.

my mouth tastes like wate Vizator's Avatar

I read this book until the end but it kinda lost steam with the future issues and not dropping the price to $2.99 when it dropped the backup stories. Hopefully, we'll see Hex, Palmiotti and Gray again at some point.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Yes because Gi zombie and klarion and lobo and multiversity and futures end and earth two worlds end and infinity man and new suicide squad and new teen titans and trinity of sin all books introduced in the last two months are "bat books" ........... Rolls eyes.
    hey now, there's like 2 more Bat books now than there were at the New 52 launch, DC is so biased towards the Bat line!

But seriously, RIP ASW.

It was a great series. One of those titles I never really actively think of posting about or ranking in my top titles, etc. But every issue is just a solid, fun, entertaining comic. I'm not sure I can think of a single panel I read that I thought was poor. Great title will be missed.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison

Aman, A&tO, Bgirl, GAcad, GbM, Grayson, HQ, JL, Klarion, Lobo, Multiversity, Sgirl, ST, ToS, WW
    quartets of indies

Man. I am so impressed with the final issue of All-Star Western. Except for THE odd word emphasized now and again, the issue looked good, read well, and ended the series with dignity and humor, and even managed neatly to account for the previous and unpleasant “end” of Jonah Hex.
    The issue looked good, read well, and ended with dignity. Thank you.
    Age/Bronze, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, AstroCity, Bone, Cerebus, Courtney C, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Goon, Groo, Hawkeye, Hellboy, JonahHex, Kane, Lazarus, Lone Wolf, NextWave, Popeye, Powers, RatQueens, SiP, StrayBullets, 10G, Thief, Usagi