Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Avengers & X-Men: AXIS, #1

This October, the Marvel Universe prepares for the biggest battle its ever faced, and today Marvel is proud to present your very first look inside the highly anticipated AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #1! Blockbuster writer Rick Remender is joined by the star-studded artist line up of Adam Kubert, Leinil Yu, Terry Dodson and Jim Cheung for an epic conflict that will require the Avengers and the X-Men to stand together like never before!
    From the ashes of Avengers vs. X-Men, rises a new threat. the Red Skull - a monstrous force of evil, now possesses the extraordinary mutant gifts of the late Charles Xavier. Exploiting the powers of the world's most powerful telepath, he has amassed an army and broadcasts his message of hate across the globe. Residing in the once proud Mutant nation of Genosha, he has enslaved thousands of mutants in his bid for world domination.
    "This is the big one," says Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso. "Super hero comics at their biggest and boldest. With the powers of Charles Xavier, the Red Skull is the biggest, baddest villain in the Marvel Universe. Rick's story is massive and will touch all corners of the Marvel Universe in new and interesting ways."
    All that stands in the Red Skull's path is the fragile alliance of Avengers and X-Men. Even united, they may not be enough to stem the coming darkness. Earth's last hope hinges on these fractured squads fighting as one. But as the Age if Inversion looms upon us - have they already lost?
    There's a fine line between good & evil. Find out how thin as the battle commences in AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #1!
    Plus, before Avengers & X-Men: AXIS kicks off, follow the events leading up to the blockbuster comic event of the year with Avengers & X-Men: AXIS - The Story So Far. Relive the war between Avengers and X-Men over the Phoenix Force, the Avengers Unity Squad's first battle with the Red Skull in the pages of Uncanny Avengers and more.

Full article here.

There are "thousands of mutants" again already?

That's a pretty fun Deadpool variant.

Not much to go on here, but I'll be trying it out when it comes out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    There are "thousands of mutants" again already?

That's a pretty fun Deadpool variant.
    Apparently, yes and yes.
    Cyclops in a nutshell:

I dont get paid to be nice. I get paid to be right.
    ― R.L. Griffin, Seamless

Seems more like "Road to making Magneto ruler of mutantnation Genosha again."

This book is gonna suck on a whole new level. The X-men were added to this BS because nobody would buy it otherwise. Don't believe me? Look at where Uncanny Avengers and Captain America normally sells at. Please join the cause and help stop Marvel's endless event cycle. Can you name the last time something happened in an event and it stuck.......

We've only been given the first 2 acts and already it doesn't sound to appealing. probably in Oct for NYCC we will get some insight into Act 3.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fn Man View Post
    This book is gonna suck on a whole new level. The X-men were added to this BS because nobody would buy it otherwise. Don't believe me? Look at where Uncanny Avengers and Captain America normally sells at. Please join the cause and help stop Marvel's endless event cycle. Can you name the last time something happened in an event and it stuck.......
    The last time i can think of that anything that come from a event actually stuck was House of M............................................
    Cyclops in a nutshell:

― R.L. Griffin, Seamless

I'm excited about it. Sounds like it will be a fun event!

I just hope this doesn't derail Hickman's story too much.

This October, the Marvel Universe prepares for the biggest battle its ever faced,
    the Red Skull is the biggest, baddest villain in the Marvel Universe
    How I love nonsensic hyperboles.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Hey finman. Of course the x-men were added more. Originally this was an arc of uncanny avengers, just lime secret invasion. Then they turned it into an event. And if you think even with that the x-men aren't important to the story your wrong. Red skull has Xavier brain. He's in Genosha killing mutants in camps. Act two has major shakeup for the x-men plus the return of apocalypse. This is an xmen as much as its a major marvel event
    X-men fanatic.
    Wolverine Rules

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    I just hope this doesn't derail Hickman's story too much.
    Well, how long i know, his story its the 8-months-jump, that its chronologically placed after AXIS.
    Cyclops in a nutshell:

― R.L. Griffin, Seamless

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, how long i know, his story its the 8-months-jump, that its chronologically placed after AXIS.
    Steve and the Illuminati aren't gonna quietly let Namor do his thing for 8 months tho.

This looks really exciting and I can't wait to read it.
    UncannyAvengers AmazingXMen XFactor XForce Magneto Loki GhostRider Nightcrawler CaptainAmerica SpiderMan2099 Saga Wicked+Divine Low TerminalHero