Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 275
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,031

    Default Axel-In-Charge: The Mixed Message of Manara's "Spider-Woman" Variant, The Reason Behind No "Big Hero

    Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso returns to his namesake column to discuss Milo Manara's controversial "Spider-Woman" variant cover, "Big Hero 6" and more.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,596

    Default

    Well we finally are given an answer as of WHY there isn't a Big Hero 6 in Marvel's future although I say it again...MARVEL IS MAKING A BIG MISTAKE.

  3. #3

    Default

    I wonder when Marvel will officially announce the cancellation of Elektra.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Moriarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    587

    Default

    i wonder how many people with latch on to what Axel almost said and cite it as 'proof'.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I wonder when Marvel will officially announce the cancellation of Elektra.
    What makes you say that ?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I wonder when Marvel will officially announce the cancellation of Elektra.
    I wonder how Marvel will deal with cancelling all the female-lead books? Looking at the numbers only Ms. Marvel may not get the axe by the same time next year.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    What makes you say that ?
    Bleedingcool has run one of their rumors, and despite the acclaim the book has garnered, sales are terrible. I doubt we get 12 issues.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I wonder how Marvel will deal with cancelling all the female-lead books? Looking at the numbers only Ms. Marvel may not get the axe by the same time next year.
    New female team book? Lol.

  9. #9
    Moderator Mahes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I wonder how Marvel will deal with cancelling all the female-lead books? Looking at the numbers only Ms. Marvel may not get the axe by the same time next year.
    Widow is still in good shape. But the easiest thing to do as tsaimelemoni posted was to launch more books. Easy headlines and more proof for their bullet points about how they're trying to diversify.

  10. #10

    Default

    "We apologize -- I apologize -- for the mixed messaging that this variant caused."

    This is one of the most annoying trends I see in modern American culture. People constantly find things to be offended by, use the internet to magnify their slacktivism rage, and we end up with endless apologies which feed the perception that their outrage was justified. It's seriously taking a toll on humor and entertainment, making culture more sterilized and boring. That's why I loved it when Charles Barkely refused to apologize for his joke about San Antonio. It's quite possibly the only time I've seen a public figure refuse to apologize for anything that someone somewhere decided to be offended by.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I wonder how Marvel will deal with cancelling all the female-lead books? Looking at the numbers only Ms. Marvel may not get the axe by the same time next year.
    Despite its weirdness I enjoyed the recent issue of Ms. Marvel as she teamed up with Wolverine and I cannot wait for her to meet Lockjaw in the next issue.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    But it won't be happening until after the reb -- Reboot?

  13. #13
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,777

    Default

    re: big hero 6.

    "we have nothing for you. nope. sorry, nothing ever again" LOL

  14. #14
    Moderator Mahes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    But it won't be happening until after the reb -- Reboot?
    That's just him messing with everyone talking about the reboot rumor. I wouldn't read too much into that yet.

  15. #15
    Nothin... ExcelsiorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Guts over Fear
    Posts
    2,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Lemon View Post
    "We apologize -- I apologize -- for the mixed messaging that this variant caused."

    This is one of the most annoying trends I see in modern American culture. People constantly find things to be offended by, use the internet to magnify their slacktivism rage, and we end up with endless apologies which feed the perception that their outrage was justified. It's seriously taking a toll on humor and entertainment, making culture more sterilized and boring. That's why I loved it when Charles Barkely refused to apologize for his joke about San Antonio. It's quite possibly the only time I've seen a public figure refuse to apologize for anything that someone somewhere decided to be offended by.
    Agreed/ The Spider woman cover wasnt even half as offensive as others on the stands right now....yet we haven't seen an outrage as big towards them. Its like the new SAGA cover.. a non-issue

    If that were baby deadpool...it wouldnt offend as much..would it? and I hate to say it but if Milo Manara were a woman it wouldn't have been a news story...they would say how she was celebrating the female form.

    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 08-29-2014 at 03:24 PM.
    tumblr
    My webcomic Updated Weekly
    Twitter

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •