Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge: The Mixed Message of Manara's "Spider-Woman" Variant, The Reason Behind No "Big Hero

Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso returns to his namesake column to discuss Milo Manara's controversial "Spider-Woman" variant cover, "Big Hero 6" and more.

Full article here.

Well we finally are given an answer as of WHY there isn't a Big Hero 6 in Marvel's future although I say it again...MARVEL IS MAKING A BIG MISTAKE.

I wonder when Marvel will officially announce the cancellation of Elektra.

i wonder how many people with latch on to what Axel almost said and cite it as 'proof'.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    What makes you say that ?

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I wonder how Marvel will deal with cancelling all the female-lead books? Looking at the numbers only Ms. Marvel may not get the axe by the same time next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    What makes you say that ?
    Bleedingcool has run one of their rumors, and despite the acclaim the book has garnered, sales are terrible. I doubt we get 12 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I wonder how Marvel will deal with cancelling all the female-lead books? Looking at the numbers only Ms. Marvel may not get the axe by the same time next year.
    New female team book? Lol.

Widow is still in good shape. But the easiest thing to do as tsaimelemoni posted was to launch more books. Easy headlines and more proof for their bullet points about how they're trying to diversify.

"We apologize -- I apologize -- for the mixed messaging that this variant caused."

This is one of the most annoying trends I see in modern American culture. People constantly find things to be offended by, use the internet to magnify their slacktivism rage, and we end up with endless apologies which feed the perception that their outrage was justified. It's seriously taking a toll on humor and entertainment, making culture more sterilized and boring. That's why I loved it when Charles Barkely refused to apologize for his joke about San Antonio. It's quite possibly the only time I've seen a public figure refuse to apologize for anything that someone somewhere decided to be offended by.

Despite its weirdness I enjoyed the recent issue of Ms. Marvel as she teamed up with Wolverine and I cannot wait for her to meet Lockjaw in the next issue.

But it won't be happening until after the reb -- Reboot?

BANNED

re: big hero 6.

"we have nothing for you. nope. sorry, nothing ever again" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    But it won't be happening until after the reb -- Reboot?
    That's just him messing with everyone talking about the reboot rumor. I wouldn't read too much into that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Lemon View Post
    "We apologize -- I apologize -- for the mixed messaging that this variant caused."

This is one of the most annoying trends I see in modern American culture. People constantly find things to be offended by, use the internet to magnify their slacktivism rage, and we end up with endless apologies which feed the perception that their outrage was justified. It's seriously taking a toll on humor and entertainment, making culture more sterilized and boring. That's why I loved it when Charles Barkely refused to apologize for his joke about San Antonio. It's quite possibly the only time I've seen a public figure refuse to apologize for anything that someone somewhere decided to be offended by.
    Agreed/ The Spider woman cover wasnt even half as offensive as others on the stands right now....yet we haven't seen an outrage as big towards them. Its like the new SAGA cover.. a non-issue

If that were baby deadpool...it wouldnt offend as much..would it? and I hate to say it but if Milo Manara were a woman it wouldn't have been a news story...they would say how she was celebrating the female form.

Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 08-29-2014 at 03:24 PM.
    tumblr
    My webcomic Updated Weekly
    Twitter