Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "The LEGO Movie" Directors to Bring "Greatest American Hero" Back to TV

A "The Greatest American Hero" series executive produced by "The LEGO Movie" directors Phil Lord & Chris Miller is headed to television.

Full article here.

Yes. Yes yes yes. A million times yes. This has been one of my top remake fantasies for years.
    Life is but a dream

my lips own you all master of read's Avatar

believe it or not.

I'm walking on air.

I never thought I could feel so free.

I would make Isaac be Ralph's successor since Ralph is no longer able to carry on the mantle, plus he has terminal cancer. Or make Isaac be either Ralph's or Bill's son. That way it's not a total reboot.

Lord and Miller have a pretty solid track record when it comes to stuff like this. Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by londeaux View Post
    I would make Isaac be Ralph's successor since Ralph is no longer able to carry on the mantle, plus he has terminal cancer. Or make Isaac be either Ralph's or Bill's son. That way it's not a total reboot.
    The hard part for me is going to be accepting another Fed agent who isn't Robert Culp. Culp was my favorite in that show. Newbie is going to have big shoes to fill.
    OPINION: Noun: O-pi-nion
    The belief in the ratio of the circumference of an aromatic bulb the essence of which can make people cry tears of sadness or outrage. Most commonly found in boiling substances when not hidden underground.

Flyin' away on a wing and prayer...

I will give this new The Greatest American Hero a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    The hard part for me is going to be accepting another Fed agent who isn't Robert Culp. Culp was my favorite in that show. Newbie is going to have big shoes to fill.
    Agreed. William Katt is a solid actor but Robert Culp really inhabited the role of Bill Maxwell. In fact in the season 1 DVD set Culp said that Bill Maxwell was one of the few characters who really got under his skin, and it showed. I think the smart move with that character in particular would be to go the route of the second TV version of Nikita (or Heath Ledger's Joker), and make him a different enough Bill Maxwell that the rebooted character can find his own path.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    The one thing I hope they don't do is make the Fed agent a female; there are other ways to introduce complications than that....

Jersey City - or you can call it the TWiLighT Zone

Robert Culp's Bill Maxwell will be hard follow up he was definitely the lynch pin for that show.. Yayyy Magic Jammies coming back (of course probably without the instruction book)
    Last edited by 5Eyes; 08-29-2014 at 11:29 PM.

With those two doing it, I could see it having potential.

I would miss Robert Culp's Bill Maxwell. There was a miniseries a few years ago - "Truth, Justin and the American Way" - that was an affectionate homage to GAH. Justin was a 20something slacker and the agent was more of a Homeland Security nutjob. Very funny and had a lot of good elements they could incorporate into this new series.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    Robert Culp's Bill Maxwell will be hard follow up he was definitely the lynch pin for that show.
    <mutters to self> Lynch pin....Lynch pin?....LYNCH pin! HEY GUYS, how about Jane Lynch for the role? I think I might like the sound of that!