Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Report Claims Warburton to Return as "The Tick"

In an unexpected development, People reports that Patrick Warburton will return as The Tick, 12 years after cancellation, via revival on Amazon.

Full article here.

"Spoon!"

Only took them 12 years. I hope the rest of the cast is fit enough to reprise.

...again!
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-30-2014 at 05:40 AM.

Jersey City - or you can call it the TWiLighT Zone

Was a fan of the animated Tick not the live one, there was something off about the live one..

I loved the Edlund comic issues, the animated series, and the Live Action series. It would be great if Patrick came back to the role for more episodes!

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Only took them 12 years. I hope the rest of the cast is fit enough to reprise.

...again!
    Better late then never.

This reminds me of Police Squad!

Did horribly on T.V.,but was enough of a cult phenomenon to get it made into a series of movies 10 years later

I'm only mad that it will be coming to Amazon and not Netflix or Hulu.

Happy for Warburton, though.

I'll take more of The Tick in any form, I did prefer the animated series to the live action one but any more is still good news.

I really enjoyed the animated series and I found the short-lived live action series pretty much in the same vein except they couldn't get as kooky. Anyone playing The Tick other than Warburton is a big loss.

Oh this will be great please everyone come back

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

This reminds me of Police Squad!

Did horribly on T.V.,but was enough of a cult phenomenon to get it made into a series of movies 10 years later
    Ahead of it's time.
    Quote Originally Posted by dantefrizzoli View Post
    Oh this will be great please everyone come back
    I hope

Last edited by Güicho; 09-03-2014 at 04:51 AM.

I just got the series on DVD, loved it!
    Also, will what's her name be wearing the the star shaped cleavage revealing costume again? Because yes please.
    Most things with brains are sentient. Like dogs.
    Humans are sapient. Mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    will what's her name be wearing the the star shaped ......
    Liz Vassey ( Captain Liberty) Nothing has been confirmed yet, or if any of the other cast members could reprise their roles. This was 12 years ago.

Can she still pull off Captain Liberty?
    This is apparently the most recent thing from Liz Vassey in 2014-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHwhJaB_EUg
    She looks great! Would she wear that costume again is another question?

Nestor Carbonell has been in Lost and DKR, seems like he could still pull off Batmanuel.
    2014 interview he looks the same -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JKiwRTlYi0

Haven't found any recent 2014 images of David Burke (Arthur), but I guess he's supposed to be out of shape.

I'd rather have a few costume tweaks if necessary, rather than forgo the old cast for new younger characters. It's their skill and chemistry that made it work.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-08-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Liz Vassey ( Captain Liberty) Nothing has been confirmed yet, or if any of the other cast members could reprise their roles. This was 12 years ago.

Can she still pull off Captain Liberty?
    This is apparently the most recent thing from Liz Vassey in 2014-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHwhJaB_EUg
    She looks great! Would she wear that costume again is another question?

Nestor Carbonell has been in Lost and DKR, seems like he could still pull off Batmanuel.
    2014 interview he looks the same -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JKiwRTlYi0

Haven't found any recent 2014 images of David Burke (Arthur), but I guess he's supposed to be out of shape.

I'd rather have a few costume tweaks if necessary, rather than forgo the old cast for new younger characters. It's their skill and chemistry that made it work.
    Wow Liz Vassey looks great. I'd pray to whatever god would listen she'd wear that costume again.
    And yeah, it was those actors that made that show great. Seriously funny show, but that premise only worked because the cast made such silly nonsense work.
    Most things with brains are sentient. Like dogs.
    Humans are sapient. Mostly.

How would this affect his voice over jobs though. He has a regular gig on family guy now. It would be a real chore removing Joe from the show, He's a major part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    Was a fan of the animated Tick not the live one, there was something off about the live one..
    "Something off", indeed.

The live action show was horrible compared to the animated series. For no particular reason the following changes were made from the excellent animated series:

- The Tick's voice was amazing: animated, wearyingly energetic, full of exuberant youthful stupidity. In fact, it was downright operatic. Reminded me of Dudley Do-Right. Patrick Warburton (who for some reason lost the mask part of his costume) has NONE of the vocal attributes of Townsend Coleman. Warburton's got his own great voice, but it's NOT the Tick. It's too low-key and sounds too intelligent and smug. The Real Tick is supposed to take himself WAY too seriously. Also, the Tick is supposed to have a blundering Baby-Huey, Lil Abner quality to him, an Elephant-in-a-Tutu, if you will. Didn't survive the transition well enough to live action.

- Die Fledermaus is an AWESOME name for a superhero. You have to do a double-take and try to figure out what the name means. Too literate, apparently. For reasons unknown, the character was made Hispanic and given the ridiculous name Batmanuel. Die Fledermaus's character, which was annoyingly chauvinistic and cowardly, was perfect. He had the gig SOLELY to pick up chicks, apparently. Any of this that survived to make it in the live action series was utterly watered down.

- Why change "American Maid" (which again is a great name, as well as being a great satirical name reminiscent of the names "Black Power" and "White Flight" from "Mystery Men") to "Captain Liberty"? The way she tossed her high-heels as weapons was priceless and utterly original, not to mention satirical to the max using a cleaning woman's attire to fight crime. I mean, how brilliant is that? Did they seriously think nobody would get it?

- Ben Endlund is WAY too smart and witty and downright twisted to have had anything to do with the live show. My guess is it was an evil, brain-dead clone calling the shots.

I could go on and on, but whoever pulled the plug on the live version was dead-on.