Page 884 of 892 FirstFirst ... 384784834874880881882883884885886887888 ... LastLast
Results 13,246 to 13,260 of 13378
  1. #13246
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    Not necessarily.

    there are people who still love Jean and Scott together.

    And ROMY will always have his fans, more than ROGNETO or any other match.

    And thank God that Gage threw ROGNETO where it deserves to be, in the garbage in the rubble of the underground. lol





    OWNED Rogneto fans. XD


    I personally support anything before ROGNETO, because in the end we know that ROMY will be a fact in the medium or long term.
    Romy is one of the most popular couples to this day whereas most people aren't even aware of Rogneto and if they were, they would be disgusted. Imagine that on the big screen...yeah no.

  2. #13247
    Mighty Member Jaddor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    1 - x-men legacy was very good... sadly new books with rogue have weaker quality(except uncanny avengers)
    2 - Rogue is in x-men books
    3 - more x-men fans is unhappy with this book than happy
    4 - previews of first issue are always more popular than previes of next issues
    5 - there is no uncanny avengers this week so obviously we talk more about different books
    6 - no one said anything about Rogue or Mystique in this story because they did nothing in this story.
    7 - people are mostly talking about archangel vs logan and gambit fight because this is more interesting than actual story
    1. rogue is at her weakest in uncanny avengers. but what do we expect from a poor man’s uncanny xmen? Sorry but i do not buy reasons for a person who said rogue is better when not in xmen book, that is an ecomomic counterfeit.

    2. rogue is not truly in xmen books as long as she is used else where. now i think of it. my guess is astonishing xmen 6 was great reason of the whole...put rogue in avengers book more , because avengers don’t have females? Do they have trouble finding females? i know many batman females, i know many xmen females, i know they all stay under their IP usually only though.

    3. more xmen fans? not really. more xmen fans have shown deslike for rogue the avenger and their characters geting abused. xmen fans dont like all the avengers vs xmen and inhuman vs xmen stuff and the whatever that comes next. more xmen fans want to be left alone with our characters. proof? XBOOKS.

    4. meh, dont care when uncanny avengers shows up its not my book dont care. but I sure we like my rogue back, that is what i care about.

    5. what people? hm. logan vs archangel and gambit fight...well good for them. rogue can sit this one out and get back up again, this is not a reason to keep her in avengers, i see it more as rush rush before the clock stikes 12.

    Ah, reason i don’t even take this post seriously as a hard core rogue fan, as i am still waiting for the hard proof that tas romy is better than comics romy.been waiting for months now. No wonder this plot points are so easy to dismantle. as usual always based on sinking sands. good thing rogue the xman is built on a rock.

  3. #13248
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    I did not equate anything to slavery it was a fantasy methphor to show the class of where all this character stands, remember when goerge lucas once compared selling star wars to white slave masters, it was an allogery he was using to show how bad star wars will now be controlled and abused and he was kind of right many fans and other film makers like john landis backed him up , and may i add the assumption you think i am male? what makes you think i a male, i could be a girl.

    i think many likers of avengers will like to believe rogue is on a high right now but for xmen fans your high is our low. After all xmen does have 65% of the best marvel storylines and our characters are the best moslty because they feed of one another well. i.e it does not matter how anyone push a captain america and cyclops bromance or a hulk and wolverine bromance. it will always pale compared to cyclops and wolverine. what rogue is doing in UA is no where close to the high and and her mark she left on xmen that she will always be known for, so why keep wasting rogue’s time when they could have used a real avenger female. This is what is icky.

    funny you think i am been misogynist ? have you seen game of thrones? a lot of stuff happen there similar to rogue and magneto, and to make it about a young girl, no rogue was not young then, it was a legal relationship she had with magneto in the darkest of times she fell in love with him, many girls have dated and married older guys see michael douglas an catherine zeta jones. also magneto is a reluctant hero and an anti hero. that is just xmen lore and rogue is attracted to that, gambit is kind of the same.


    but the avengers is holding rogue captive is true, i have to ask again why cant avengers forcus on their famales? you truly really dont see any xmen fan forcing a non mutant to be on xmen books.

    AOA is a classic, UA? not so much. Mike carey run in xmen legacy is way more of a modern classic than UA is which means rogue is been wasted more in UA. After legacy she was meant to GO high not sink low to prop up a non xmen book. It is not xmen characters responsiblty to do that if rogue was on a creative high, she will not be in a non xmen book .
    It was a very distasteful metaphor and proves your bias against the Avengers/Disney/MCU/etc. George Lucas' metaphor was not well-received either, at least not by the masses so that does not defend your point very well. Oh please, everything about you screams male and not in a good way.

    I love how you completely make up a number like 65%. I'm an X-Men fan too primarily, but it has been a toxic place for years now and Rogue has benefited extremely to be away from all that nonsense. This opens up new opportunities for her, because it means that on the big screen, she can appear on in both Avengers and X-Men films, not to mention even Captain Marvel. Of course she can't replace decades of X-History from just a few years of being on the Avengers, and similarly enough, of course Avengers/X-Men friendships that have only begun can't replace even more decades of X-Men/X-Men friendships. That doesn't mean characters should stagnate themselves and never grow out of the few relationships they have. No one wants to constantly see Cyclops-Wolverine, Rogue-Gambit, Jean Grey-Storm, etc. We love those relationships, but they also deserve time to grow so we can see Rogue in the Avengers, Jean Grey working with Namor, Storm and Black Panther, etc. It keeps the characters fresh and no one said anything about losing those old relationships. We want those to remain, just not be the only thing the characters are about.

    Game of Thrones takes place in a distant medieval past, whereas the X-Men take place in the late 20th century and now the 21st century. There's no reason that the way women were treated in the Middle Ages should be replicated now. That is misogny, when men (and women) still work with antiquated definitions of what it is to be a woman, namely a man's property who has no worth or agency of her own. That is Rogue when she's shackled to Magneto, and in today's climate with all the scandals coming out, there is finally a voice to put an end to this. The last thing we need is someone as empowered as Rogue to return to an old tired man like Magneto. He needs to find someone his own age, and Rogue has plenty of young suitors already who are appropriate for her.

    No non-mutant wants to join the X-Men because it has been a toxic place for years. Ever since Morrison, the franchise has been on a decline, which coincidentally is around the same time the Fox-men movies came out which you love so much. It's because the comics changed themselves to resemble the movies.

    AoA is not a classic for everyone, and I never said Uncanny Avengers is either. X-Men Legacy has supporters and detractors from both Rogue fans and non-Rogue fans.

  4. #13249
    Fantastic Member Muffinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    412

    Default

    IDK, all of the Rogue fans that I talk to happen to love Uncanny Avengers because she is so awesome in it and it has done so much good for her. Actually, the only voice of dissent that I have heard strongly for uncanny avengers is from Jaddor and him alone. The fans I talk to in person LOVE the book and how much Rogue is a part of it

  5. #13250
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    1. rogue is at her weakest in uncanny avengers. but what do we expect from a poor manís uncanny xmen? Sorry but i do not buy reasons for a person who said rogue is better when not in xmen book, that is an ecomomic counterfeit.
    you didn't read this book right? how you can judge this?

    2. rogue is not truly in xmen books as long as she is used else where. now i think of it. my guess is astonishing xmen 6 was great reason of the whole...put rogue in avengers book more , because avengers donít have females? Do they have trouble finding females? i know many batman females, i know many xmen females, i know they all stay under their IP usually only though.
    advantages of connected universe
    3. more xmen fans? not really. more xmen fans have shown deslike for rogue the avenger and their characters geting abused. xmen fans dont like all the avengers vs xmen and inhuman vs xmen stuff and the whatever that comes next. more xmen fans want to be left alone with our characters. proof? XBOOKS.
    uncanny avengers was chosen as 2nd best x-men book of 2016.........................

    4. meh, dont care when uncanny avengers shows up its not my book dont care. but I sure we like my rogue back, that is what i care about.
    Rogue is in x books(doing nothing)
    so you are incoherent or you lie

    [QUOTE]Ah, reason i donít even take this post seriously as a hard core rogue fan, as i am still waiting for the hard proof that tas romy is better than comics romy.been waiting for months now. No wonder this plot points are so easy to dismantle. as usual always based on sinking sands. good thing rogue the xman is built on a rock./QUOTE]
    i gave you an answer...
    Favorite Comics:
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3, All New Wolverine, Deadpool, Mighty Thor
    Astonishing X-men

  6. #13251
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    It was a very distasteful metaphor and proves your bias against the Avengers/Disney/MCU/etc. George Lucas' metaphor was not well-received either, at least not by the masses so that does not defend your point very well. Oh please, everything about you screams male and not in a good way.

    I love how you completely make up a number like 65%. I'm an X-Men fan too primarily, but it has been a toxic place for years now and Rogue has benefited extremely to be away from all that nonsense. This opens up new opportunities for her, because it means that on the big screen, she can appear on in both Avengers and X-Men films, not to mention even Captain Marvel. Of course she can't replace decades of X-History from just a few years of being on the Avengers, and similarly enough, of course Avengers/X-Men friendships that have only begun can't replace even more decades of X-Men/X-Men friendships. That doesn't mean characters should stagnate themselves and never grow out of the few relationships they have. No one wants to constantly see Cyclops-Wolverine, Rogue-Gambit, Jean Grey-Storm, etc. We love those relationships, but they also deserve time to grow so we can see Rogue in the Avengers, Jean Grey working with Namor, Storm and Black Panther, etc. It keeps the characters fresh and no one said anything about losing those old relationships. We want those to remain, just not be the only thing the characters are about.

    Game of Thrones takes place in a distant medieval past, whereas the X-Men take place in the late 20th century and now the 21st century. There's no reason that the way women were treated in the Middle Ages should be replicated now. That is misogny, when men (and women) still work with antiquated definitions of what it is to be a woman, namely a man's property who has no worth or agency of her own. That is Rogue when she's shackled to Magneto, and in today's climate with all the scandals coming out, there is finally a voice to put an end to this. The last thing we need is someone as empowered as Rogue to return to an old tired man like Magneto. He needs to find someone his own age, and Rogue has plenty of young suitors already who are appropriate for her.

    No non-mutant wants to join the X-Men because it has been a toxic place for years. Ever since Morrison, the franchise has been on a decline, which coincidentally is around the same time the Fox-men movies came out which you love so much. It's because the comics changed themselves to resemble the movies.

    AoA is not a classic for everyone, and I never said Uncanny Avengers is either. X-Men Legacy has supporters and detractors from both Rogue fans and non-Rogue fans.
    True. That's great post.
    Favorite Comics:
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3, All New Wolverine, Deadpool, Mighty Thor
    Astonishing X-men

  7. #13252
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    you didn't read this book right? how you can judge this?


    advantages of connected universe

    uncanny avengers was chosen as 2nd best x-men book of 2016.........................


    Rogue is in x books(doing nothing)
    so you are incoherent or you lie

    i gave you an answer...
    He doesn't need to read UA, because his mind was already made up the second the word "Avengers" was there. He clearly doesn't care about the quality that X-Characters receive in the X-Books either, considering he is a fan of the Fox-men films. Anything for him is better than being branded by Disney or Avengers.

  8. #13253
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    He doesn't need to read UA, because his mind was already made up the second the word "Avengers" was there. He clearly doesn't care about the quality that X-Characters receive in the X-Books either, considering he is a fan of the Fox-men films. Anything for him is better than being branded by Disney or Avengers.
    hehe true
    he probably also thinks that Rogue should always be useless because she first apperead in avenger book.
    he even said that Rogue attacked x-men in this book...

    if only he would read story before saying something about quality of book...

    EDIT
    or maybe he thinks that way about all women?
    Last edited by Xelossik; 12-06-2017 at 03:48 PM.
    Favorite Comics:
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3, All New Wolverine, Deadpool, Mighty Thor
    Astonishing X-men

  9. #13254
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Grand Rapids,Mich
    Posts
    1,632

    Default

    I say if Rogue and Gambit are going to be back in a relationship again, it should be AFTER Rogue's power flux is cleared up. I see until Rogue regains control, nothing but a repeat of the 90's plotlines.On the other hand, Rogue and Gambit never had a relationship when she was in control of her power. It would be a whole new experience for the both of them and progress both of them.

  10. #13255
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Grand Rapids,Mich
    Posts
    1,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    IDK, all of the Rogue fans that I talk to happen to love Uncanny Avengers because she is so awesome in it and it has done so much good for her. Actually, the only voice of dissent that I have heard strongly for uncanny avengers is from Jaddor and him alone. The fans I talk to in person LOVE the book and how much Rogue is a part of it
    I'm one of those U/A fans and support what you say 100%.

  11. #13256
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I say if Rogue and Gambit are going to be back in a relationship again, it should be AFTER Rogue's power flux is cleared up. I see until Rogue regains control, nothing but a repeat of the 90's plotlines.On the other hand, Rogue and Gambit never had a relationship when she was in control of her power. It would be a whole new experience for the both of them and progress both of them.
    I really wish they hadn't back-tracked on her being able to control her powers. That was much needed imo and something that should have been retained, as unrealistic as that would be.

  12. #13257
    Astonishing Member Badou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I say if Rogue and Gambit are going to be back in a relationship again, it should be AFTER Rogue's power flux is cleared up. I see until Rogue regains control, nothing but a repeat of the 90's plotlines.On the other hand, Rogue and Gambit never had a relationship when she was in control of her power. It would be a whole new experience for the both of them and progress both of them.
    It is a bit funny that when she finally got control of her powers and could be with Gambit she didn't want to be and choose someone in Magneto that she could have been with regardless, lol.

    It is a shame that no one did more with her controlling her powers. When it finally happened it felt like it was this BIG story for her that marked a big change for the character, but it never really became that.

  13. #13258
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Grand Rapids,Mich
    Posts
    1,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I really wish they hadn't back-tracked on her being able to control her powers. That was much needed imo and something that should have been retained, as unrealistic as that would be.
    I think we will have to wait until we see the outcome of No Surrender. I feel in that story the events of what happened to Rogue in U/A #22&23 will come full circle.

  14. #13259
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It is a bit funny that when she finally got control of her powers and could be with Gambit she didn't want to be and choose someone in Magneto that she could have been with regardless, lol.

    It is a shame that no one did more with her controlling her powers. When it finally happened it felt like it was this BIG story for her that marked a big change for the character, but it never really became that.
    Carey's bias came through with that.

    Only Carey seemed to really acknowledge or place importance on her newfound change in abilities. And the second he left, that was taken away.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I think we will have to wait until we see the outcome of No Surrender. I feel in that story the events of what happened to Rogue in U/A #22&23 will come full circle.
    Yes, that seems promising enough.

  15. #13260
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Romy is one of the most popular couples to this day whereas most people aren't even aware of Rogneto and if they were, they would be disgusted. Imagine that on the big screen...yeah no.
    It couldn't be on the big screen because Rogue isn't a A Lister anymore..especially when she's pushed with Gambit. Magneto/Rogue headlined damn near the greatest storyline of the 90s.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •