Page 732 of 758 FirstFirst ... 232632682722728729730731732733734735736742 ... LastLast
Results 10,966 to 10,980 of 11364
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    "May ah see that other shade of lipstick, please?"

YAAAAS QUEEN

Heh, even if he'd called X-Factor they wouldn't have done what he expected - since they were really the O5!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    That is a pretty incredible image.
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

What specifically do you think has led Rogue, despite her initial dislike, to take a romantic interest in Wade?

Tom [Brevoort] and I spoke early on about making sure that Rogue was the star of the run, and how we’d build the dynamics around her. She was incapacitated, and Steve Rogers’ bench was depleted when he turned to Deadpool. At that point, it was quite earned. “Deadpool” readers were not the ones that rolled their eyes at Deadpool’s inclusion on the Unity Squad. I’d like to think we made believers out of everyone else along the way — the way that Rogue came around.
    As for their friendship: a kiss after you kick the Red Skull’s ass and free Xavier’s brain from his clutches is a gesture that rings true. She had also pulverized him the previous issue. In “UA” # 23, Pietro correctly observes that they’re two of the loneliest people in the MU. You can be surrounded by people and still be lonely. Plus, think of this from my perspective: I inherited one character that can’t really touch people easily, and another that doesn’t even like to be looked at, let alone touched. Of course I was going to have to mash them together. That’s not to say you have to like it, but I know we earned it. What’s next for them together or separately has already been written — though, not necessarily by me. It’s a fun time to be fans of both characters.

With your “Uncanny” run coming to a close, Kenny wants to know about what could have been.

Were there any characters you had planned to use for your run on “Uncanny Avengers,” but didn’t get the chance to do so?

I think I’d threatened to include a larger battle to include Gambit, Magneto and another surprise of two — but I was on a clock. Issue #22 actually shipped on the last week it could have gone to printer without unbalancing Nick [Spencer]’s road to “Secret Empire.”

On a personal note: I didn’t think I’d get a swing at any of these great characters, so I’m grateful for that. Rogue has always been one of my favorite Marvel characters, and to be able to tell a story that brought her life full circle is extremely gratifying. Charles Xavier saved Rogue from a life of who knows what when he went against his X-Men and took her in to educate her. She was able to save Charles’ mind from further misuse. When I look at the team, Voodoo was the great find for me. I was so happy with the beats we found for him to shine. Gotta give the editors their credit too: I didn’t reach for Cable, that was their suggestion and it was brilliant.

ill the recent Rogue/Deadpool smooches play into Deadpool’s current troubles with Shiklah?

I think you’ll see by the end of “UA” # 23 that life doesn’t always go the way you want, or the way you think it’s gonna go. It’ll be interesting to see what you guys think of “UA” #23, and then later to see how the dust settles after “Secret Empire.”

Ahead of issue #23 arriving in stores, Calintz has a question about Wonder Man.

With “UA” #23 being your last issue, I’m glad you are bringing the Rogue and Simon plot. I’m a big fan of both and wanted to know that after issue #23, will there be any more development between Rogue and Simon or is this issue the end all on that plot point? Basically will we get any in-depth on Simon’s part as to what its like sharing Rogue’s mind or what he experience through her in regards to the good and bad things in life.

As custodian of these characters you inherit the good: the stories you like, the bad: the stories that might not be your favorite, and in the end all of these stories make up a life. Rogue and Simon are too great examples of legacy characters that have had many, many stories over the years and some of the things that have been done were things that I loved, and some other things I tripped over a bit. I’m very happy to say that as I wrap off the book, both are back on the board with their respective powers and ready for whatever trouble other writers and artists cook up for each. Your specific question about what, if anything, Simon remembers from his days trapped inside Rogue’s body — that gets a concrete answer in “UA” # 23.

I think it's interesting to note he specifically said friendship instead of relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Position
    I’m very happy to say that as I wrap off the book, both are back on the board with their respective powers and ready for whatever trouble other writers and artists cook up for each.
    Wait, does this mean Rogue has her base powers back? She's been seen flying or floating in the past couple of covers (post-Duggan), but they are just covers so...

Incredible Member TheRealWashout's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I think it's interesting to note he specifically said friendship instead of relationship.

Wait, does this mean Rogue has her base powers back? She's been seen flying or floating in the past couple of covers (post-Duggan), but they are just covers so...
    I think she flew into battle in Secret Empire #0 today which I would imagine comes after this, but she could have absorbed someone off panel.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I think she flew into battle in Secret Empire #0 today which I would imagine comes after this, but she could have absorbed someone off panel.
    lol yeah, even during Legacy you'd still have artists drawing her flying in some covers but the explanation can easily hand-waved as a temporary absorption.

Oh well, guess we'll find out next issue anyway.

lol yeah, even during Legacy you'd still have artists drawing her flying in some covers but the explanation can easily hand-waved as a temporary absorption.

Oh well, guess we'll find out next issue anyway.
    I pray that she has her CONTROLLED siphoning back. Please gawd.
    Also, does anyone know where Pepe Laraz will be assigned post Duggan's UA?
    I love his Rogue so very much, I fear he'll be dropped into some worthless book elsewhere in the MU.
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken
    I pray that she has her CONTROLLED siphoning back. Please gawd.
    Also, does anyone know where Pepe Laraz will be assigned post Duggan's UA?
    I love his Rogue so very much, I fear he'll be dropped into some worthless book elsewhere in the MU.
    No clue. Larraz is a gem, I hope he sticks around UA or moves to an X-title.

The x-franchise needs consistent talent! Still salty we lost Mann to DC.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    That looks like Synapse there. Does this have to do with a Cable?

So it looks like Rogue will remain the UA leader and the squad is back in with the Avengers according to SE #0. That's good news to me!

Huh do the UA get more than a cameo in SE#0? I might need to pick it up then.

Incredible Member TheRealWashout's Avatar

Huh do the UA get more than a cameo in SE#0? I might need to pick it up then.
    It's more than a cameo, but nothing to get really excited about. Rogue gets two lines of dialog (including a fun joke that highlights her confidence as an Avenger), and there's reason to believe she'll continue to show up throughout the event. To be honest, I thought she got more shine here than she did in any of the issues of IvX.