Super Moderator

Default Tomasi & Gleason Hunt for Damian Wayne in "Batman and Robin"

Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason discuss their year-long story arc in "Batman and Robin" that traces Bruce Wayne's hunt for the body of his dead son, Damian.

Full article here.

My current DC pull list includes Batman & Robin and Snyder's Batman. The two books offer a nice contrast, with the former really focused on a more emotional side of Batman as Peter Tomasi and Pat Gleason talk about in this excellent interview. I have been a Marvel fan all my life, but Batman has really won me over in the last 10 years to the point that he is now my favourite comic book character. Can't get enough to be honest, and Tomasi and Gleason's long run (and still ongoing) will surely go down as some of the best Batman work ever.
    Last edited by g0thamstar; 09-02-2014 at 01:37 PM. Reason: went off subject matter

BANNED

I just want Damian to stay dead, although I would prefer a retcon where Damian was never Bruce's son and Bruce never slept with Talia. I would prefer a Chinatown-esque twist where Ra's fused his DNA with Talia's to make Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by g0thamstar View Post
    My current DC pull list includes Batman & Robin and Snyder's Batman. The two books offer a nice contrast, with the former really focused on a more emotional side of Batman as Peter Tomasi and Pat Gleason talk about in this excellent interview. I have been a Marvel fan all my life, but Batman has really won me over in the last 10 years to the point that he is now my favourite comic book character. Can't get enough to be honest, and Tomasi and Gleason's long run (and still ongoing) will surely go down as some of the best Batman work ever.
    Been saying this for years Tomasi is a great Batman writer.

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    I just want Damian to stay dead, although I would prefer a retcon where Damian was never Bruce's son and Bruce never slept with Talia. I would prefer a Chinatown-esque twist where Ra's fused his DNA with Talia's to make Damian.
    EEEEEEEE--Yuck! That is sooooooo gross !!!!!!!!!!

Dat Hellbat suit... *whistle!* I'll gladly fork some DLC cash just to have that baby in Arkham Knight (if only...)
    Last edited by Chain and Pain; 09-03-2014 at 05:08 AM.

been saying it since the relaunch... this book is one of DC's best.

Tomasi and Gleason leaving around #40 sucks. i wish they'd extend their run into #50 at least.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    With Bruce's or Ra's'? The latter would be waaaay too creepy (like that excellent Batman Beyond ep).

I, too, would prefer Damian to stay dead (and not have actually been Bruce's son). Fine with Bruce and Talia sleeping together, though, as I always thought of her as the second choice for Batman's ultimate love interest behind Catwoman.
    Just. Be. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    been saying it since the relaunch... this book is one of DC's best.

Tomasi and Gleason leaving around #40 sucks. i wish they'd extend their run into #50 at least.
    Did I miss something? I don't recall seeing anywhere in the article that they are leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    With Bruce's or Ra's'? The latter would be waaaay too creepy (like that excellent Batman Beyond ep).

I, too, would prefer Damian to stay dead (and not have actually been Bruce's son). Fine with Bruce and Talia sleeping together, though, as I always thought of her as the second choice for Batman's ultimate love interest behind Catwoman.
    It's always been an option for writers--to pull out the card that Bruce has run the DNA tests and Damian is really the son of Ubu (say, Talia was frolicking with the hired help). I actually expected it 'way before now.

I dont see the point of changing Damian's origins,those who advocate should stop commenting on anything Damian related. Him being the son of Batman and Talia is his defining trait,his every action stems from that. No need to take it away to appease some Batcat shippers,or fans who think Batman should not have a son,like who cares about these people? if the companies actually listened to them our characters would never have grown.

I think it was one of the best ideas ever--that Batman actually has a real son and is trying to raise this nightmare brat to something resembling sanity. Usually the only time biological sons ever show up in a book is after they're full-grown, such as Green Arrow's son. I spoke of the "Son of Ubu" notion simply because it's ripe fruit for the picking IF you have a writer with problems coming up with ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Did I miss something? I don't recall seeing anywhere in the article that they are leaving.
    there was an interview few weeks back. right here on CBR i think.