Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,391

    Default X-POSITION: Bunn Toes the Line of "AXIS" with "Magneto"

    Cullen Bunn takes on this week's "Magneto" reader questions, detailing his love of Dazzler and teasing some possible post-"AXIS" developments.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Moderator Mahes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,887

    Default

    I like the interview and judging from the sounds of it, I think we're going to see the book spread its wings a bit. Sales and the AXIS tie-in are good enough that they can take a bit more risks. Really looking forward to exploring the Genosha reign.

  3. #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Good interview. Looking forward to his Genosha plans next year and what will happen when Briar takes her mask off.

  4. #4
    Senior Member jmc247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    Good interview. Looking forward to his Genosha plans next year and what will happen when Briar takes her mask off.
    Yes, the plans for Genosha really sound exciting I look forward to them.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Mr. Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    Yay, Genosha!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    770

    Default

    While Bunn didn't directly comment on Polaris, I'm very pleased to see not one but two questions specifically point out her involvement on Genosha and ask questions in which her stake in things are taken into consideration. My faith in Marvel is dwindling lately, but hopefully at the very least he gets to do something with her post-Axis if Marvel is dead set on not using her during Axis itself. I'm already leery-eyed about Axis itself with her not so much as named in anything.

    I haven't read much of Dazzler, but what I've glimpsed of her is intriguing enough that I'd be interested in seeing some of her. Dazzler's been among the list of characters I've felt would be cool to see either as ANXF members or as characters for Lorna to interact with.

    I don't have much to say about the rest of the X-Position except that it's interesting and insightful. It's good to know that writers directly talk to each other and exchange outlines and the like rather than working through the editors of their respective books.
    I'm a walrus and I have no signature anymore.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Hariel0079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    I'm not holding my breath but I will continue to follow.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    101

    Default

    It's Lorna's turn now.

  9. #9
    Senior Member harashkupo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Great xpos, I like how he tried to answer every question even when they could've been 'wait and see'. These interviews for me aren't to get spoilers but hear the writer's intentions with the character and get a better grasp where they're at. The only thing I didn't like all that much is seeing how many issue are going to be dedicated for Axis. I thought 1 maybe 2 but 4 issues, although I like that it he made sure his voice was heard on where Magneto was going.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Yes, the plans for Genosha really sound exciting I look forward to them.
    I'm liking the avatar pic.
    DIS GUY MUST BE A ALIEN OR SUTIN - gerybaboona

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Great xpos, I like how he tried to answer every question even when they could've been 'wait and see'. These interviews for me aren't to get spoilers but hear the writer's intentions with the character and get a better grasp where they're at. The only thing I didn't like all that much is seeing how many issue are going to be dedicated for Axis. I thought 1 maybe 2 but 4 issues, although I like that it he made sure his voice was heard on where Magneto was going.
    I like that he actually answered the questions as well. I don't read a lot of X-Positions, but I've read ones where nearly all the writer's answers were variations of "I'm not going to answer that, read the comic to find out." It's understandable that a writer may not want to divulge anything too major or give hints that can easily give it all away, but a little information makes these things worthwhile. At the very least, it's nice to get a little insight into how the writer is doing things or how they feel about certain subjects. Like the Dazzler question at the beginning, we know he wants to use her and he said he'll check and see if there's a way, but he's not making any guarantees or spoiling anything that could lead to her showing up.
    I'm a walrus and I have no signature anymore.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Sea Hound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I like that he actually answered the questions as well. I don't read a lot of X-Positions, but I've read ones where nearly all the writer's answers were variations of "I'm not going to answer that, read the comic to find out." It's understandable that a writer may not want to divulge anything too major or give hints that can easily give it all away, but a little information makes these things worthwhile. At the very least, it's nice to get a little insight into how the writer is doing things or how they feel about certain subjects. Like the Dazzler question at the beginning, we know he wants to use her and he said he'll check and see if there's a way, but he's not making any guarantees or spoiling anything that could lead to her showing up.
    It's almost as refreshing as an honest politician!

    I think he'll come around to the family connections sooner or later.

    I've always thought an encounter with the X-Factor team, where he has one daughter, one son; and the other man in the life of his most recent love interest would be irresistible.

    Dazzler has a similar sort of joyfulness as Polaris, Salarta. She's also an underrated powerhouse. I think you'd like her.
    Last edited by Sea Hound; 09-02-2014 at 10:31 PM.
    "Self has no time for this."

  12. #12
    Senior Member harashkupo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I like that he actually answered the questions as well. I don't read a lot of X-Positions, but I've read ones where nearly all the writer's answers were variations of "I'm not going to answer that, read the comic to find out." It's understandable that a writer may not want to divulge anything too major or give hints that can easily give it all away, but a little information makes these things worthwhile. At the very least, it's nice to get a little insight into how the writer is doing things or how they feel about certain subjects. Like the Dazzler question at the beginning, we know he wants to use her and he said he'll check and see if there's a way, but he's not making any guarantees or spoiling anything that could lead to her showing up.
    This is all I really look for in the x-pos but the 'wait and see' usually destroy the whole interview. For example I love Pak's work on Storm and have read a lot of his previous works. But if I didn't know who he was and went by his interviews I would never read his comics. He's can be vague and noncommittal. So far Guggenheim, Bunn, and Spurrier have the best interviews. Spurrier by a long shot
    DIS GUY MUST BE A ALIEN OR SUTIN - gerybaboona

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    It's almost as refreshing as an honest politician!

    I think he'll come around to the family connections sooner or later.

    I've always thought an encounter with the X-Factor team, where he has one daughter, one son; and the other man in the life of his most recent love interest would be irresistible.

    Dazzler has a similar sort of joyfulness as Polaris, Salarta. She's also an underrated powerhouse. I think you'd like her.
    When it comes to the family connections, as I've said before elsewhere, we already know that so far Marvel isn't allowing writers other than Peter David to use Lorna. Wood wanted to use Lorna for X-Men, he was denied. Carey writes No More Humans, Lorna's nowhere to be found even though we know Carey's more than willing to write her given the great stuff he did during Five Miles South of the Universe. Writers want to use her, but Marvel doesn't want anyone that isn't Peter David to so much as have another character acknowledge she exists. The most we've had so far to an appearance by Lorna anywhere else was a single cameo panel in Uncanny X-Force, and that's just sad.

    Because of that, if Lorna never gets used or mentioned in the Magneto solo, I know Bunn's not to blame. The person to blame is whoever it is that's decided to let Lorna's potential continue to go to waste by restricting her to one and only one book. Whoever it is is also doing an excellent job of damaging ANXF's sales. They're ensuring people don't see Lorna or the storylines she has to offer that might make them want to read ANXF.

    Magneto coming over to ANXF would be interesting, and I'm all for it just as much as I'm all for Lorna getting to be on Magneto and any other books with writers that want to use her. ANXF is currently loaded with plenty of characters that have some kind of connection with Magneto, to where you could easily have three separate issues each dedicated to how Magneto interacts with one of ANXF's main three.

    This book may end up being the first real time I read Dazzler if she's on it. I've seen bits and pieces of panels, but never truly read anything she was in.
    I'm a walrus and I have no signature anymore.

  14. #14
    Walnut εnthusiast EternalSiryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Thε Friskotεquε
    Posts
    607

    Default

    My question wasn't answered
    Come participate in All New Draw Me A Marvel Jam I!

    Battle of the Atom Name: Justin
    Friend Code: T851D47Z

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18

    Default

    ANXF is supposed to tie-in to Axis, so I am guessing that Lorna plays some sort of part in it. Even if it is a small one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •