Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Charles Soule Signs Exclusive Contract with Marvel, on DC Titles Until March 2015

"Death of Wolverine" writer Charles Soule, an in-demand writer at a variety of publishers, has signed an exclusive contract with Marvel.

Full article here.

Good deal. It kind of sucks because I read Red Lanterns over at DC, but I'm not too worried. Love his Marvel books!

On the one hand, I'm happy for him. On the other hand, I'm not happy, because his Swamp Thing run has been far and away what I've liked most of all his work.

But I guess he wouldn't've signed the contract unless he wanted to, meaning that apparently whatever plans he would have had for Swamp Thing wouldn't've been "career-defining" or whatever. So I trust his judgment. And maybe he's already got 6 months of Swamp Thing in the can or something.

I've liked everything of his I've read. It's just that his Swamp Thing has been my favorite Big Two ongoing series for like a year and a half now. Stinks to know that the writing is on the wall for its continuance.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'm not a DC reader but I understand the loss his readers over there would feel. I am a regular reader of his Inhuman and She-Hulk series.

Edit: The original article title was updated to read, "Charles Soule Signs Exclusive Contract with Marvel, on DC Titles Until March 2015"
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four fanatic, Avatar-maker, SHSO player, and Marvel Moderator

That's a shame. But hey best of luck to him.

Man, sucks that he'll leave two of DC's best books.

awesome news,one of the best new writers along with al ewing.

Cool news for Soule!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

So what is he going to write over in Marvel now? I mean, the only thing of interest he's writing is She-Hulk (which is hurt by divisive art) and everything else is just sort of there. Honestly, his best work has been with DC (Swamp Thing and Red Lanterns as been incredible).

On the downside, I loved his work at DC, but on the bright side this might mean that he can focus some more attention on Inhuman.

I think it's too bad because I liked that he was writing prolifically for both big companies. But in practice, most writers wind up being exclusive to one Big 2 company whether they have an exclusive contract or not, and Marvel seems like it has bigger plans for him than DC did.

From Marvel's point of view it's a good signing because with Fraction leaving, and probably Hickman, and other writers having taken on all the work they can, they need to replenish their stock of writers who can be called on for big books, and he's come in to rescue two major projects they didn't have a writer for (Inhuman and Death of Wolverine). I find a lot of Soule's work more efficient than amazing, but you can't accuse him of lacking a work ethic and his books usually get a good reaction.

I'm so sad right now, i mean along with Bunn on Sinestro he's the best on the Lantern line and Swamp thing is incredible. what the heck is up with march 2015 for DC that date has become so omnious.

I don't read Swamp Thing anymore, but I do read Red Lanterns so it does kind of suck. However, I've lived to read the adventures of any characters I love no matter good or bad....who's writing and who isn't. This is not the end of the world, and I am sure someone will come along to satisfy the fans.

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Really enjoyed his RL and ST, but I refuse to read Marvel and these are last 2 DC titles I read. End of DC for me with this announcement.

But, I wish him the best of luck at Marvel. They really seem to like him
    Pull List: Skybound Titles

This is good hopefully they let him continue to handle Logan and give him other x-books.