Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Death of Wolverine, #2

• THREE MONTHS TO DIE, the loss of Wolverine's healing factor--all led to this, the single most important X-Men event of the decade.
    • Logan has spent over a century being the best there is at what he does...but even the best fade away eventually.
    • Over the years, Logan has been a warrior, a hero, a renegade, a samurai, a teacher-and so much more. But now, the greatest X-Men hero will play a role he's never played before in this special weekly event brought to you by industry superstars Charles Soule and Steve McNiven.

Full article here.

Damn! That Art!

I like where Soule is taking this!

Wow...that art is stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Damn! That Art!

I like where Soule is taking this!
    Agreed. The art is sick. And I like where Soule is taking this too...except for the conclusion (i.e., Logan's death).

I feel like this mini is making him interesting again just as they're killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. The art is sick. And I like where Soule is taking this too...except for the conclusion (i.e., Logan's death).

I feel like this mini is making him interesting again just as they're killing him.
    Just making the demand for him that much greater while he's gone. Sucks, but that's the business part of it.

True. I can't help but think that if Marvel had better managed the character they wouldn't be killing him right now. Unless this is all part of a bigger attempt to dick over FOX and not create any new Wolverine material for them to use in films or something. But I actually think Alonso is legit when he said, "fans were complaining about too much Wolverine so we gave them what they wanted."

At the end of the day, Marvel is responsible for whoring the character out to every team book that needed a boost in sales and also for ruining his character to the point where killing him looked like the best thing to do with him.

The art is fantastic and I like Soule's work. Despite having lost any interest in Wolverine years ago, I'm almost tempted to buy this. But I won't. It's just a matter of time before they bring him back, so why bother?

One thing: those women must be absolutely tiny to fit under Wolverine's arms that way. I wish that people would remember this guy is no more than 5'3" or 5'4". It's a fundamental part of what he is. Of course, I guess he could be sitting on a really high cushion.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    The art is fantastic and I like Soule's work. Despite having lost any interest in Wolverine years ago, I'm almost tempted to buy this. But I won't. It's just a matter of time before they bring him back, so why bother?

One thing: those women must be absolutely tiny to fit under Wolverine's arms that way. I wish that people would remember this guy is no more than 5'3" or 5'4". It's a fundamental part of what he is. Of course, I guess he could be sitting on a really high cushion.
    At least not before 2016 so there plenty of time for a world without him.

I will buy everything that has to do with his death. Excited for next month especially because of the release of the Logan Legacy
    " I have been told it is important to offer mercy. But I have my limits."
    - X-23

Currently subscribed to and/or reading:
    Marvel: Black Widow, Elektra, Death of Wolverine: The Logan Legacy, Death of Wolverine: The Weapon X Program, Magneto, Thor
    Image Comics: Velvet, Lazarus
    DC Comics: Birds of Prey
    Why Im unhappy with X-23s portrayal in All New X-Men

Wait, is that guy with sunglasses actually Wolverine?

I guess the hand bandages would suggest it's him though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait, is that guy with sunglasses actually Wolverine?

I guess the hand bandages would suggest it's him though.
    Yeah that's Logan alright. I would have preferred to see him in the Patch "disguise" despite how everyone knows that's him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Yeah that's Logan alright. I would have preferred to see him in the Patch "disguise" despite how everyone knows that's him.
    I guess I didn't recognize him, he looks really different in that image.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Really looking forward to this; loved the first issue!

True. I can't help but think that if Marvel had better managed the character they wouldn't be killing him right now. Unless this is all part of a bigger attempt to dick over FOX and not create any new Wolverine material for them to use in films or something. But I actually think Alonso is legit when he said, "fans were complaining about too much Wolverine so we gave them what they wanted."

At the end of the day, Marvel is responsible for whoring the character out to every team book that needed a boost in sales and also for ruining his character to the point where killing him looked like the best thing to do with him.
    When people were complaining about "too much Wolverine," they didn't mean "kill him off." They just meant don't try and shove him into 20 books at once and crowbar him into a role that doesn't really fit him (the leader of a school/faction). It's like Marvel heard the complaints, but then went to the complete opposite extreme as a response.

Marvel's killing him off, because there's big money in it. They've killed off nearly all the other popular heroes for a while, so it's Wolvie turn next. This is why they're milking this thing for all it's worth. When he comes back in a few years they'll repeat the hype process. There's no money in killing of characters who aren't popular.
    The current X-motto? Too busy fighting each other - to fight for a dream.
    Branches and Roots - My mystery/sci-fi X-fic.

Because a good story isn't changed by whatever someone else does 2 years later.