Page 296 of 467 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346396 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 6991

So the Big A gets three omnibuses while, last I checked, Spider-Man got one last year?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    So the Big A gets three omnibuses while, last I checked, Spider-Man got one last year?
    Exactly. I'm most excited for Spider Verse. But I think we'll see a Superior Spidey Omni next year too. I am for sure getting Avengers V2 though.

And the Axis HC is only $40 in canada? If it's got some content I might order it before the price hits $75.

Does the catalogue come out in september?
    Last edited by Canucked; 08-23-2014 at 07:00 AM.
    Fan of Witchblade, The Darkness, Artifacts, The Avengers, X-Men, Deadpool, Wolverine, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Locke and Key and so much more

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    True, true. I'd definitely be down for more Spider-man omnis. I imagine Superior will get the omni, but if Marvel skip out on the 3rd OSHC, then I'm going to be upset.

Very interesting news coming out. I don't think I'll be getting anything but Uncanny Avengers omnibus. I stopped buying the books awhile ago hoping for an OHC. I like the story and it's a great continuation from UXF.

I will never part ways with my Busiek AA set since I'm pretty sure at least part of my soul is invested in my vol 2 and I have no idea what to expect from the silver age vol 2.

And these Adamantium collections need to stop but i guess people out there are loving them.

Senior Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

My findings on the Hachette site (couldn't find the Uncanny Avengers, Busiek and Adamantium Collections you guys have mentioned on there).

Deathlok: The Souls of Cyber-Folk
    Deathlok (1991) 1-15, Annual 1

The most recent Avengers annuals (focusing on Thanos, Dr. Strange and Mojo, along with a Christmas-themed issue) are being arbitrarily pulled together into one volume. Revelations is a misnomer really, because not much is revealed in any of the annuals, aside from "Doctor Strange is awesome".
    Avengers: Revelations
    Thanos Annual 1, Uncanny Avengers Annual 1, New Avengers Annual 1, Avengers Annual 1

Avengers: Ultron Unbound, by Roy Thomas and Bob Harras, appears just in time for the Age of Ultron film, and I'm guessing it will cover the Ultron Unbound arc of West Coast Avengers (#89-91) along with the start of Harras' run on The Avengers in 1992.

Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Classic (the 90s series) gets a second volume, over two years since vol. 1. I'm a little surprised about this, but with everything that's going on with Original Sin it makes sense. I've read a few issues of the series and it's pretty good.
    Nick Fury , Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (1989) 12-23

Civil War Prelude: New Warriors reprints the long out of print New Warriors limited series by Zeb Wells, now under the Civil War banner. Weird to come out now, especially as the Civil War hardcover reissues were done a couple of years ago, and the New Warriors ongoing will be ending.

The Amazing Spider-Man: Big Time - The Complete Collection Book 4 leaves room for a Book 4 (sigh)
    Amazing Spider-Man 677-687, 679.1; Daredevil 8; Amazing Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth 1; Avenging Spider-Man 8

Ultimate Spider-Man Ultimate Collection Book 5
    Ultimate Six 1-7; Ultimate Spider-Man 46, 54-59

Marvel Masterworks: The Avengers vol. 15 continues Steve Engelhart's run from #136 onwards (just after the Celestial Madonna storyline), which I would guess will cover the contents of the Coming of the Beast/Serpent Crown collections (#137-149) - or maybe they'll cut the volume right in the middle of the Squadron Sinister storyline. Besides a couple of small gaps, there's not much which hasn't already been collected to be covered by the Avengers Masterworks - we had The Final Threat Epic last year collating two of the MPHCs together, and after that comes stuff like the Korvac Saga, Heart of Stone, etc.

I'd be very interested to hear what the contents of the Avengers Vibranium Collection will be.
    Last edited by America / Bucky / Russia; 08-23-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    If it's an omnibus war then DC is winning my money. I really liked the paper and build quality of JLA omnibus, so I've pre-ordered the Flash vol 1 omnibus. The Avengers vol 2 omnibus sounds tempting, but that Uncanny Avengers sounds like a ripoff at 672 pages for $99.
    I will take thin paper over books that you can't open properly.

Yesterday I received my partial shipment from IST and got my copy of Jim Steranko's Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D Artist edition. This is one tall book measuring 15" X 22". This is one of the tallest artist editions, I believe, compared to what i saw at my LCS. The copy of the book comes in its own cardboard outer case. When you first open, it is not shrink wrapped.
    This is my first Artist Edition, and boy am I impressed.
    steranko box.jpg

Front Cover

steranko 2.jpg

Back Cover

steranko 3.jpg

Interior pics to follow
    Last edited by Whenitmatters; 08-23-2014 at 09:24 AM.

The first couple of interior pages. This artist edition unlike others, were designed front to back by Steranko. I'm glad that IDW let him put it together. I could not stop my jaw from dropping as I went through the pages admiring his art.
    steranko 4.jpg
    photo 1_3.jpg
    photo 2_3.jpg
    Last edited by Whenitmatters; 08-23-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Random interior pages
    Attached Images Attached Images

Steranko's covers for Strange Tales. I am very impressed with this type of format, its breathtaking , inspiring and might make me want to start drawing again. I now must resist the urge to get other artist editions
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Whenitmatters; 08-23-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whenitmatters View Post
    Random interior pages
    God, I'm desperately trying not to get that. But the more I see of it, the more I want it.

Speaking of Fury: just finished the "My war gone by" OHC. Man, how awesome is that? That might be one of the best things Ennis has written. One can feel that he is telling a story close to his heart here.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    God, I'm desperately trying not to get that. But the more I see of it, the more I want it.

Speaking of Fury: just finished the "My war gone by" OHC. Man, how awesome is that? That might be one of the best things Ennis has written. One can feel that he is telling a story close to his heart here.
    I have not read the story yet. Waiting for my order to come in next week

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post

You probably shouldn't because if you do you'll have to get volume 2. Then you'll want to buy another and another. Man, I know! Those IDW Artist Editions really scratch an itch that Marvel Omnibuses no longer do. Real sweet, quality stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    You probably shouldn't because if you do you'll have to get volume 2. Then you'll want to buy another and another. Man, I know! Those IDW Artist Editions really scratch an itch that Marvel Omnibuses no longer do. Real sweet, quality stuff!
    That's the problem. I already have nine of these babies, so I know exactly what it is I'm missing out on. And they keep putting out new ones that I want (Steranko, Watchmen, John Buscema Silver Surfer, more EC volumes etc.). The fact that Graphitti Designs has decided to publish AEs as well of the best DC stuff (DKR, the Killing Joke, GL/GA by Neal Adams) doesn't help either.