Page 38 of 480 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Doubt it.
    Omnibus books are marketed toward a very specific and small audience. They're not going to put out more of them and fewer OHCs, which a broader audience would buy.
    They have already done this. Their OHC output is almost nil now. This has some to do with omnibuses (of which there have never been more of) and a lot to do with the shift to premiere hardcovers.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I saw a review of the contents of Seige of Camelot on youtube and understand the plot is a blatant ripoff of LOTR that was done pretty poorly. I've never quite understood the love for Captain Britain I read on the net...maybe he has a dozen very vocal fans or something? I hated it when Claremont started introducing elements of CB to the X-Universe. But I understand that the issues in the second OHC are pretty bad, especially the Parkhouse issues. Check out this video for an entertaining and comprehensive review:
    http://youtu.be/DKsow2FpUOU
    I could barely make it through the first two OHCs. The omnibus is a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    They have already done this. Their OHC output is almost nil now. This has some to do with omnibuses (of which there have never been more of) and a lot to do with the shift to premiere hardcovers.

I don't buy it.

The board has had the discussion of the number of omnibus books published each year and it's not that great of an increase.

I'd like to see a list of the OHCs released for the past few years. It's no where near "nil."

In the past 6 or so months, I've picked up eight (that were released in that time) that I can remember of the top of my head: Hawkeye, Daredevil: End of Days, Daredevil Vol. 1-2, Superior SM 1-2, Infinitity, and Inhumans.

And I know there's others that collect Deadpool, X-Men (Battle of the Atom), etc, and still others to be released in the next six months.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I don't see a shift to premiere hardcovers. In fact there are like only maybe a dozen comics that get premier hardcovers now. They didn't even finish some of the pre-marvel now! series that has started in hardcover. They ended them in soft cover. Heck there are X-Men series that don't even get premier hardcovers now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    What you've linked here is the Captain Britain Vol. 4 Siege of Camelot TRADE PAPERBACK. What Balakin was asking about is the Captain Britain Vol. 2 Siege of Camelot OVERSIZED HARDBACK. Two slightly different books.

The TPB contains: Hulk Comic Weekly 42-55, 57-63, Marvel Super Heroes 377-388, Daredevils 1-11.

The OHC contains: Super Spider-Man and Captain Britain #233-247; Marvel Team-Up (1972) #65-66; and material from HULK COMIC #1 and #3-46, and INCREDIBLE HULK WEEKLY #47-55 and #57-63 with additional stuff.

The guy reviewing this TPB criticizes the fact that the strips are black&white without realizing that Marvel UK did not have the financial resources to colour their comics and most of the time they had it all uphill. He also states that Marvel US didn't want to release this in the States using the UK price at the back of the TPB as evidence. Well he got that wrong as it was all rereleased in beautiful bound OHCs and an Omnibus to boot!

Btw, DrGregatron, have you read any of the CB strips?
    I realize he was critiquing a slightly different TPB, but his criticism isn't invalidated by this since Captain Britain OHC volume 2 contains the run of which he is most critical. I haven't read much of CB in his own books. Most of what I've read has been in various X-books, but I do own the vol 1 OHC. It contains some Buscema art I hoped would be interesting, but I've never been able to get through the first half of the book, because I just couldn't get into the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    The Stern Omni?
    I would hope so, I've got all the other fat ones.\

I found this to be very interesting:

It's the original color guide to a page of the Wolverine mini (the painted artwork that served as the guide for the final printed product). Am I the only one who would absolutely love to see the entire story reprinted with these colors?
    Last edited by CrazyOldHermit; 05-10-2014 at 01:28 PM.

I recently ordered the Wolverine Adamantium Edition pretty much because it was so huge. I don't have any of the issues inside but it looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp14 View Post
    I recently ordered the Wolverine Adamantium Edition pretty much because it was so huge. I don't have any of the issues inside but it looks really good.
    Just remember that adamantium is toxic to humans and may cause nerve and/or liver damage with prolonged skin exposure.

How is Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender? I really enjoy his Fear Agent series (which is odd since I prefer more grounded comics like Criminal or Bendis' DareDevil). Is it just as good as FA?

I'm only about a quarter through and I love it!

How is Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender? I really enjoy his Fear Agent series (which is odd since I prefer more grounded comics like Criminal or Bendis' DareDevil). Is it just as good as FA?
    I'm just finishing FA and would pick UXF over FA any day. I like FA but I'm becoming less interested in it the further I get. UXF slows in the middle a bit but overall I like it much better even if the art isn't as consistently good as FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I'm just finishing FA and would pick UXF over FA any day. I like FA but I'm becoming less interested in it the further I get. UXF slows in the middle a bit but overall I like it much better even if the art isn't as consistently good as FA.
    Thanks, I went ahead and ordered it. Jerome Opena's art is terrific in Fear Agent and I really enjoy the pacing in Remender's work. This forum has been great in opening me up to books I otherwise wouldn't have checked out (like FA).

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post

I like that look.

My local charity has the Second Coming Hardcover for 20.
    That not OOP? Seems like a good deal.

I prefer FA but UXF is good too, you can't go wrong with that. But I've read FA twice and UXF only once when it came out and maybe the fact that UXF is a bit too continuity heavy and FA is more self contained influences my opinion (usually I prefer more self contained stories).

Lookit guys! Captain America by Brubaker fourth Omnibus!

https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9780785192725/

Also, having never read a Captain America issue outside of one in a Hulk trade (I think), is now the time to jump onboard with this? Is it like a never-read-Daredevil-but-Miller-and-Bendis-are-awesome situation?

I really enjoyed the latest movie, if it helps.