Page 242 of 242 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242
Results 3,616 to 3,620 of 3620
    Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

X-Men fans REJOICE!!!! It looks like Panini will FINALLY be publishing their next Pocketbook and it shall link up to/overlap with the X-Men: Ghosts TPB from a few years ago.

In short, one will now be able to get #1-337 in COLO(U)R with only ONE break (#215-219)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I would imagine the stretch between Onslaught and Operation: Zero Tolerance will be filled within the next year or two, pushing the total to #1-350

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Uncanny-X-Me...ny+x-men+trial

Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    $80 is around my limit (spending that much on Death of Captain America comes to mind). I got lucky and was able to get a lot of great books before they went OOP, but would still stay well under triple digits if I were hunting them down. I have plenty of other books to read and have too many I don't even like (Uncanny X-Force is one of them :|), so spending a lot of money on any particular book is not something I like to do. I did, however, spend $150 for Annihilation 1-3, Conquest 1-2, and Thanos Imperative. But that was for multiple books and I am a huge cosmic fan; the Annihilation omnibus hadn't been announced at that point either.
    Speaking of which, I ran into Annihilation Conquest this weekend and paid $4 for it. It was coincidental too as I was just trying to find filler books to buy for the 5 for $20 sale.

As for my limit, I don't know...I guess I would cap it at $100 as well. Though at this moment, I would pay $150 for the Silver Surfer Omni.

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Speaking of which, I ran into Annihilation Conquest this weekend and paid $4 for it. It was coincidental too as I was just trying to find filler books to buy for the 5 for $20 sale.

As for my limit, I don't know...I guess I would cap it at $100 as well. Though at this moment, I would pay $150 for the Silver Surfer Omni.
    I felt the same about the Silver Surfer omnibus, but I ended up getting the two masterworks. Same content, smaller art, but still great quality. I also dearly want a Captain Britain omnibus. Unlikely reprints on those two, but I won't lose hope!
    Last edited by PrankT; Yesterday at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I have kind of the same. I try never to pay more than 70 for an omnibus (with a retail of $125 and sometimes $100, the price is different for $150 and $75 and less books). The only omnibus I'm even considering now is (coincedently just after I asked the question) the Simonson Thor omnibus. I found it for 100 (about $120-130) so around cover price. It's very hard for me since I really want the content but it's also in softcovers which I can get for less than 70 together. The main draws for me are the oversized goodness of Simonson's art in it and the fact that it's such a well made book with great paperstock. Plus, if I don't like it I can always try to resell it. Aaah, I'm eating myself up here
    Keep an eye on Alibris. They have second-hand sellers that often list it for around 60 a pop. In used condition (so it's worth checking if condition is a big deal for you), but I bought one from there a couple of months ago and it's like new. I also bought another that I was able to sell on for about 20 more than I paid for it (which in my mind rationalises the cost of the first one down to 40!).

Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    I felt the same about the Silver Surfer omnibus, but I ended up getting the two masterworks. Same content, smaller art, but still great quality. I also dearly want a Captain Britain omnibus. Unlikely reprints on those two, but I won't lose hope!
    I bought both Silver Surfer back-to-press masterworks with the better restoration and sewn-binding for $40 and I am happier than if I had spent a fortune on a glued-omnibus that's too big to enjoy reading in my LazyBoy.