Page 676 of 676 FirstFirst ... 176576626666672673674675676
Results 10,126 to 10,140 of 10140

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    Taking Fraction's FF over Remender's UA?

Wow. Just... wow.

Fraction's Fantastic Four -- aside from the humour and art in the FF book -- is a mess -- w/o direction, pointless.

UA is actually a pretty solid, self contained book (aside from the AXIS lead-in at the end) and has a fantastic second act. Anyone who isn't familiar w/ Remender's UXF can wikipedia the details.
    It will be interesting to see how Fractions F4 & FF run are organised in the Omnibus, as having read the first tpbs of each it's like two totally distinct runs by different writers. FF was quite good, F4 was pretty horrible coming off Hickmans glorious work.

Uncanny Avengers definitely gets my vote, considering said user already has Uncanny X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    See, it depends what you want to read.

I dislike Remender's current Marvel work. I find it repetitive and feel he has become a one note writer who uses the same pattern of 'time stuff, death, time stuff, return, alt universes, death, return' ad nauseam.

Equally, I know his stuff is enjoyed by others.

Personally, I'd take Allred art over Remender writing every day of the week
    I like most of Remenders Marvel work I've read. But after reading Fear Agent, nearly all his Marvel stuff reads like riffs off the same theme.

Newbie Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    is astonishing x-men omnibus vol 1 ? Any chance for vol 2 or 3 (#25~#68) and reprint vol 1 ?
    Astonishing omni was billed only as Whedon's arc not as a 1 etc. Any further volumes would be speculation. A reprint of this run has been in high demand but that doesn't mean one will come. This omni is self contained requiring some knowledge of previous xmen stories but it ends on a note that you don't have to go farther unless you want to.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Newbie Member

Quote Originally Posted by teej View Post
    Nice. I cant wait for mines to come.

Newbie Member

I know this is a long shot but anybody here willing to part with the Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Volume 2, Wolverine Omnibus Volume 1 by Chris Claremont Omnibus or The X-Men Volume 1 by Stan Lee/Roy Thomas Omnibus for a non rape price?

Or at least know where I could maybe get some of these for a non rape price?

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Question:
    Think Marvel will ever discontinue its Masterworks editions?
    I mean, I surely hope not as they are my personal favorite HC editions, but I wasn't sure exactly how popular they are. I wish they'd stay in print longer.
    I'd love to get my hands on some decently priced earlier Daredevil ones.
    The Masterworks have survived as long as they have because they have a loyal completionist fanbase that is very stable. However, by now a lot of the Masterworks lines are reaching the points where those collectors have predetermined to be their jumping off point and the line is pretty inaccessible to newbies because of the price and limited availability of past volumes. So it's destined to die eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    I can't imagine people crying after Bagley. Are you serious?
    I am one of those heathens who considered Immonen to be a step down, even if it was technically superior work. Bagley's style, for good or bad, defined the book for me and when he left the book was pretty much dead in the water for me. Then Ultimatum happened and things went from bad to worse.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Comic fans can only hope!
    Yeah, the world of comics is so much better without the man who put Slott on Spider-Man, Waid on Daredevil, Palmiotti and Gray on Jonah Hex, etc. The only problem people had with him is that he would respond to fans being loudmouthed assholes by being a loudmouthed asshole and it turns out they don't like the taste of their own medicine. But unlike Brevoort, who is a blatant company shill who has yet to provide a satisfactory answer for the abhorrent quality of the Infinity OHC and the price gouging on select omnibuses, Wacker could back himself up by being very good at his job.
    Miller was right.

Newbie Member

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    I know this is a long shot but anybody here willing to part with the Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Volume 2, Wolverine Omnibus Volume 1 by Chris Claremont Omnibus or The X-Men Volume 1 by Stan Lee/Roy Thomas Omnibus for a non rape price?

Good lord. Is that an actual expression people are using now?

Have a good day.
    G Morrow

Newbie Member

If you're in Melbourne, Australia, I know where to get the Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Volume 2 for cover price (it's sealed). PM me if you wanted more information

He was a wizardadadadah! Cold Water's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    Very carefully if I've just done my nails.
    Hahaha!
    I adore you.
    Youth ends when egotism does; maturity begins when one lives for others.-Hermann Hesse

World 1, I'm looking to swap my sealed ASM 2 omnibus. You can find the details on this board's wonderful (yet woefully under-utilized) swap thread here: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-post/page6 .
    PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    'Nuff said!
    Question: How often are new MMWs released?
    If they are reprinting Daredevil vol. 1 in March, and if they decide to reprint all so far, when could we probably expect a reprint of vol. 2?

Just trying to decide if I should try hunting down vol. 2 (I can get vol. 3 decently priced) or wait for a reprint?
    Youth ends when egotism does; maturity begins when one lives for others.-Hermann Hesse

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Question: How often are new MMWs released?
    If they are reprinting Daredevil vol. 1 in March, and if they decide to reprint all so far, when could we probably expect a reprint of vol. 2?

Just trying to decide if I should try hunting down vol. 2 (I can get vol. 3 decently priced) or wait for a reprint?
    Only time will tell but probably not since vol 1 was probably released because of the Masterworks box set which had rwprints of 10 vol 1's.
    RIP Superior foes of spider-man! We will miss you!

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Only time will tell but probably not since vol 1 was probably released because of the Masterworks box set which had rwprints of 10 vol 1's.
    Then I shall be on the lookout for the rest of the volumes. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Yeah, the world of comics is so much better without the man who put Slott on Spider-Man, Waid on Daredevil, Palmiotti and Gray on Jonah Hex, etc. The only problem people had with him is that he would respond to fans being loudmouthed assholes by being a loudmouthed asshole and it turns out they don't like the taste of their own medicine. But unlike Brevoort, who is a blatant company shill who has yet to provide a satisfactory answer for the abhorrent quality of the Infinity OHC and the price gouging on select omnibuses, W----- could back himself up by being very good at his job.
    I'm sure he ran across the occassional disagreeable fan, but I never witnesssed a fan here on CBR being being a total A-hole to him. On the other hand, I did witness the behavior several times from him. I thought his behavior was often reprehensible here at CBR and would have had him dismissed from my employment if he worked for me. You don't speak to customers the way he publicly used to here. If you went to a restaurant and complained to the manager that there was a fly in your soup, the last thing you'd expect was a public berating. If that guy got a in-house promotion, there's something wrong with his manager.

https://www.reddit.com/r/comicswap/c...ort=confidence
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I'm sure he ran across the occassional disagreeable fan, but I never witnesssed a fan here on CBR being being a total A-hole to him. On the other hand, I did witness the behavior several times from him. I thought his behavior was often reprehensible here at CBR and would have had him dismissed from my employment if he worked for me. You don't speak to customers the way he publicly used to here. If you went to a restaurant and complained to the manager that there was a fly in your soup, the last thing you'd expect was a public berating. If that guy got a in-house promotion, there's something wrong with his manager.
    I never thought his behaviour was particularly bad. Unorthodox coming from an editor but not something to be fired over, especially when he did his job so well.
    Miller was right.