Page 1159 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 15965910591109114911551156115711581159
Results 17,371 to 17,385 of 17385
  1. #17371
    Senior Member Mr`Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    Honestly, the only reason I picked up the three Star Wars Omnis is that they were some of the very first comic books I acquired as a little kid. I'm 40 now, and while I really love the evolution of comics and modern story telling, I still get so much enjoyment from cracking open Lee / Romita ASM, Giant Sized X-Men, Stern's Spider-Man, Gruenwald's Cap, Byrne FF...and yes, Marvel's SW.

    The art and pacing fall in line with what you can expect to find in most Bronze Age Marvel comics, although without the timelessness of Kravens Last Hunt or Frank Millers DD.

    I'd say, unless you have nostalgic reasons for wanting to collect the three Omnis, I'd wait until they start releasing the new stuff in deluxe format. The artwork and reproduction quality is top notch and the writing really does hit all the right notes!

    Also it should be noted that you can sample parts of these Omnis in the OHC format for around $30 (US). Significantly less than plunking down $125 for a blind buy Each omni contains a comicbook version of each movie from the original trilogy.
    Cheers Winter Soldier, I'll give these a miss then, as much as I love the Star Wars Universe I do find the older style of comic creation a little hard going.

  2. #17372
    Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Philly
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GAMEPROFF View Post
    Do you have the ISBN for the OHC of Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine? I can only find the standard sized Hardcover.

    image.jpg

    Sorry, I misrepresented the title of the book. It's actually an OHC collecting selected issues from AVENGING Spider-Man & Savage Wolverine.

    The Avenging Spider-Man / Wolverine crossover by Jason Aaron SHOULD get OHC treatment tho.

  3. #17373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    image.jpg

    Sorry, I misrepresented the title of the book. It's actually an OHC collecting selected issues from AVENGING Spider-Man & Savage Wolverine.

    The Avenging Spider-Man / Wolverine crossover by Jason Aaron SHOULD get OHC treatment tho.
    Nice, Werewolf By Night already on the shelf.

  4. #17374
    Junior Member Dick Grayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Anyone out there have the Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus and would be willing to send me scans of the front and back covers and spine? Going to bind the Complete Collections and want to replicate the omni.

    Thanks in advance!
    Why wait for collected editions when you can make your own? - www.comicbindingpro.com

  5. #17375
    Rookie Member MrJed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Full list of Marvel OSHC here - it's well worth a bookmark

    http://www.collectededitions.com/sto...rvel_ohcs.html

    Be warned, looking at this can be expensive!

  6. #17376
    Veteran Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    Honestly, the only reason I picked up the three Star Wars Omnis is that they were some of the very first comic books I acquired as a little kid. I'm 40 now, and while I really love the evolution of comics and modern story telling, I still get so much enjoyment from cracking open Lee / Romita ASM, Giant Sized X-Men, Stern's Spider-Man, Gruenwald's Cap, Byrne FF...and yes, Marvel's SW.
    Yes, definitely a lot of nostalgia and certainly - at the time of - excitement as these were the first works to continue the Star Wars saga, coming out well before Empire. I re-read them years ago (maybe early 2000s) when Dark Horse released those thick tpbs. Granted they don't hold the test of time and some are downright corny. But they were fun reads. I hope they collect them in cheaper format so others can check them out and then decide whether to plunk down the money on an omnibus. I would at least recommend to folks to get the first one and try them out.

  7. #17377
    Junior Member mtop2036's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrJed View Post
    Full list of Marvel OSHC here - it's well worth a bookmark

    http://www.collectededitions.com/sto...rvel_ohcs.html

    Be warned, looking at this can be expensive!
    I know ive allready stated this but damnable am I sad I wish I found the hobby years ago so I had a chance to get some of these hcs. I know you can still find them but its much harder. I am so envious of you guys that have a lot of these.

    Seeing as a lot of the ones that are oop are worth some money its safe to say the ones I have now will go up in value when there oop? I have superior spider man 1-3 avenges & new avengers vol 1 by Hickman and also infinity.

    Also have both of hickmans ff omnis. Nice to see that vol 1 is going for more than double what I payed for on amazon.

    Not that I would ever sell them its just nice knowing you have things of value or potential value!

  8. #17378
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    I know ive allready stated this but damnable am I sad I wish I found the hobby years ago so I had a chance to get some of these hcs. I know you can still find them but its much harder. I am so envious of you guys that have a lot of these.

    Seeing as a lot of the ones that are oop are worth some money its safe to say the ones I have now will go up in value when there oop? I have superior spider man 1-3 avenges & new avengers vol 1 by Hickman and also infinity.

    Also have both of hickmans ff omnis. Nice to see that vol 1 is going for more than double what I payed for on amazon.

    Not that I would ever sell them its just nice knowing you have things of value or potential value!
    Nothing is guaranteed to go up in value. It's a combo of supply and demand, which includes Marvel's decisions to reprint. If you had a Daredevil by Miller Omnibus, it was worth a lot. Then they reprinted it and it went back down to just being worth less than cover price. Then that reprint went OOP. Prices skyrocketed. Then another reprint was announced and now it's back down to below cover price. Meanwhile, Marvel has never reprinted stuff like the Silver Surfer Omnibus or the Wolverine Omnibus, so those stay sky high.

    So if you have an in demand Omnibus or hardcover that goes out of print and Marvel doesn't reprint it, then theoretically it might be worth something someday. But if you have something like the Marvel Now Omnibus that no one wants it doesn't really matter if it's in print, out of print, 10,000 copies out there, or 5,000 copies out there - there's little to no market for anyone to buy it so it's not really worth much of anything.

  9. #17379
    Junior Member Omnibus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Just a heads up for anyone interested in the Fantastic Four 3 omnibus as IST, TOW and now CGN are sold out. Amazon and B&N currently still have it in stock.

    CGN's prices started rising but now shows out of stock. My guess is they have more and will list it again at much higher prices when it truly goes OOP once Amazon and B&N are sold out. Have seen this pattern with other omnibus titles.

    I also did a big update to the OOP list I keep on page 4 and have asked NZ to copy to page 1.
    Last edited by Omnibus; 10-12-2015 at 11:58 AM.

  10. #17380
    Junior Member Omnibus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Nothing is guaranteed to go up in value. It's a combo of supply and demand, which includes Marvel's decisions to reprint. If you had a Daredevil by Miller Omnibus, it was worth a lot. Then they reprinted it and it went back down to just being worth less than cover price. Then that reprint went OOP. Prices skyrocketed. Then another reprint was announced and now it's back down to below cover price. Meanwhile, Marvel has never reprinted stuff like the Silver Surfer Omnibus or the Wolverine Omnibus, so those stay sky high.

    So if you have an in demand Omnibus or hardcover that goes out of print and Marvel doesn't reprint it, then theoretically it might be worth something someday. But if you have something like the Marvel Now Omnibus that no one wants it doesn't really matter if it's in print, out of print, 10,000 copies out there, or 5,000 copies out there - there's little to no market for anyone to buy it so it's not really worth much of anything.
    It boggles a lot of our minds as to why certain titles are not reprinted or in the case of some titles reprinted more often. For example The Uncanny X-Men volume 1 has had three omnibus printings, all have sold out and each time the prices soar when it sells out. You would think Marvel would keep a title like that in print since it always sells versus a title like the Marvel Now Omnibus you mentioned. That title will surpass the Women of Marvel Omnibus for taking up precious warehouse space for years to come. Maybe Marvel will bury all the unsold copies in the New Mexico desert next to the E.T. cartridges.

  11. #17381
    Newbie Member Orf with his head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Hi Guys

    Just a quick message for any UK collectors who may be able to get to York.

    I found a 2nd hand book store in High Petergate Street in York, just up from The Little Apple Bookshop.

    She had 1st edition Daredevil Frank Miller Omnibus, and the Iron Man Omnibus vol 1. Both in mint condition and 75 each.

  12. #17382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    It boggles a lot of our minds as to why certain titles are not reprinted or in the case of some titles reprinted more often. For example The Uncanny X-Men volume 1 has had three omnibus printings, all have sold out and each time the prices soar when it sells out. You would think Marvel would keep a title like that in print since it always sells versus a title like the Marvel Now Omnibus you mentioned. That title will surpass the Women of Marvel Omnibus for taking up precious warehouse space for years to come. Maybe Marvel will bury all the unsold copies in the New Mexico desert next to the E.T. cartridges.
    Actually, I think the ET cartridges were dug up last month, so there's plenty of room.

  13. #17383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    That's odd. I placed IST orders on the past 2 Tuesdays, and both orders were at my door 7 days later. And if I remember correctly, you're also in NorCal...?
    Yeah, south bay. For years it was like clockwork but now it never ships until Thursday earliest.

  14. #17384
    Rad to the Max Canucked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    918

    Default

    I'm posting the new thread tonight, heads up.
    Fan of Midnighter, The Tithe, IXth Generation, We Stand on Guard, Morning Glories, The Valiant Universe, The Avengers, X-Men, Deadpool, Wolverine, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Locke and Key, hardcovers.

  15. #17385
    Moderator NZ_InFerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    815

    Default

    The new Marvel Collected thread is here:

    http://community.comicbookresources....ted-Editions-1


    This will be locked in 3...2...1

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •