Page 1023 of 1023 FirstFirst ... 23523923973101310191020102110221023
Results 15,331 to 15,335 of 15335
    Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    As for the other writers, I loved Aaron's Scalped but the only Marvel work of his I have read is Original Sin and that was an abomination. I have heard good things about his Wolverine and X-Men though, so I will give that a go at some point.
    Jason Aaron was hit or miss IMO until his recent run on Thor: God of Thunder, and the relaunched (adjectivless) Thor. Now his name on a book = I'm buying it. Aaron's run on Thor has been nothing short of brilliant, and both artists (Ribic & now Dauterman) were perfect fits. The entire TGoT run is currently available in OHC and I can't recommend it enough!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    Jason Aaron was hit or miss IMO until his recent run on Thor: God of Thunder, and the relaunched (adjectivless) Thor. Now his name on a book = I'm buying it. Aaron's run on Thor has been nothing short of brilliant, and both artists (Ribic & now Dauterman) were perfect fits. The entire TGoT run is currently available in OHC and I can't recommend it enough!
    Completely agreed. I've never really loved an Aaron book previously except Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine (Brilliant!) and we all know how much I hated some of the other stuff, but I am utterly addicted to his Thor to the point that I am whipped into a frenzy by his upcoming Dr. Strange.

Weirdworl and Thors were also recent winners if you ask me in regards to Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Completely agreed. I've never really loved an Aaron book previously except Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine (Brilliant!) and we all know how much I hated some of the other stuff, but I am utterly addicted to his Thor to the point that I am whipped into a frenzy by his upcoming Dr. Strange.
    I really liked Scalped, didn't care for Schism. I read the first few issues of Wolverine and the X-Men, and really didn't like it. Too over-the-top and silly for me, and that's coming from someone that doesn't hate the Cassidy Keep/Leprechauns issue of X-Men early in Claremont's run. When I started seeing your reviews for God of Thunder, I thought you were nuts. I recently read through it on Unlimited, though, and it was fantastic. There were a couple lines of dialogue here and there that reminded me of WATXM Aaron, but on the whole, such a great run. It seems like they're aren't any great villain runs anymore, so Gorr really stood out.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Same here. I told my LCS guy to pull Dr. Strange for me. Not a title I ever thought I'd read monthly, but I'm really impressed with his Thor and I forgot he wrote the SM and Wolverine limited series, which I still think is a hidden gem.