Page 559 of 559 FirstFirst ... 59459509549555556557558559
Results 8,371 to 8,384 of 8384

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Didn't you post this recently?

Time travel is a big part of some avengers stories, mostly anything involving Kang. But there's many more stories that don't cover time travel. Avengers is often fun, but it can be pretty broody too.
    yep, deleted the previous post, sorry!

I was wondering about the rest of the run because i had high hopes for the "avengers forever" storyline and was bored by it!

thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Yeah, the "Inferno Prologue" is going to be a tough buy for me. I will, because it plugs a hole and the Claremont X-Men issues cover one of my favorite eras of the team; but man, those New Mutants issues are weak sauce. Oh, Gossamyr... how does it feel that writers have brought back freaking Bird-Brain, yet no one has deigned to touch you?

Haven't read the X-Factor issues, so at least there'll be the novelty factor. But overall, yeah, this is a gap-filling purchase.
    I feel like Marvel knows this, and is milking it. Like a buy one x-men get two shitty comics included at full price.

With Amazon having listings up for Omni titles through May at least is it likely we aren't going to see any DD Omni material, new or reprints, to coincide with his Netflix TV show?
    I don't have the Bendis or Brubaker DD volumes and while I have the DD MMW Silver Age material I'd like to get those in an Omni, I'd sell the MMW to get just the one volume. The DD material is a big hole in my Omni collection.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    With Amazon having listings up for Omni titles through May at least is it likely we aren't going to see any DD Omni material, new or reprints, to coincide with his Netflix TV show?
    I don't have the Bendis or Brubaker DD volumes and while I have the DD MMW Silver Age material I'd like to get those in an Omni, I'd sell the MMW to get just the one volume. The DD material is a big hole in my Omni collection.
    Yeah looks like it's avengers season for the first half of next year (with some other stuff peppered in) but there will probably some surprises. No Spidey omni makes me sad. Are there any x-omnis beyond onslaught and its avengers double billing?
    Fan of Witchblade, The Darkness, Artifacts, The Avengers, X-Men, Deadpool, Wolverine, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Locke and Key and so much more

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Yeah looks like it's avengers season for the first half of next year (with some other stuff peppered in) but there will probably some surprises. No Spidey omni makes me sad. Are there any x-omnis beyond onslaught and its avengers double billing?
    I was wondering the same, with stuff like X-Men by Alan Davis, X-Men by Seagle & Kelly, Uncanny X-Men-The New Age by Chris Claremont and X-Men: Legacy (X-Men: Legacy Vol. 1 #208–218, not the new stuff) on one hand and New mutants, Excalibur, Peter D. X-factor,... i wonder why they're keeping the X-men related omnibus to stuff connected to the avengers or stuff like this Inferno "prologue" ..
    Last edited by ricardoramos; Today at 10:01 AM. Reason: corrected text

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm with you on this. If a SA DD Omnibus does appear, I'll probably purchase it and still keep my MMW HCs due to the paper quality.

I'm eagerly awaiting a DD Miller Companion Omnibus reprint.

Can anyone tell me if the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus is any good? Is the storyline good and worth the purchase of the omnibus or stick with the trade paperback? Any help would be greatly appreciated

The Infinity Gauntlet and Silver Surfer issues in the omni are great. There are a lot of tie-ins and some are good and some not. Personally, I really like the omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Yeah, the "Inferno Prologue" is going to be a tough buy for me. I will, because it plugs a hole and the Claremont X-Men issues cover one of my favorite eras of the team; but man, those New Mutants issues are weak sauce. Oh, Gossamyr... how does it feel that writers have brought back freaking Bird-Brain, yet no one has deigned to touch you?

Haven't read the X-Factor issues, so at least there'll be the novelty factor. But overall, yeah, this is a gap-filling purchase.
    Ugh! The mention of Bird Brain just made me throw up a little in my mouth. Thanks again, Louise Simonson!

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Does it contain a lot of extraneous crap from Loise Simonson's New Mutants and X-Factor runs? If so, that's a no go. That'll give ya nightmares, too.
    No kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    OMG, me too. Like, actually.

I feel like my depression about how awful the entire X-line has been for the past two years has lead me to spend more money on other comics in order to try to recapture the magic. I'd also like to link it to my gaining weight, but that's mostly attributed to working at a start-up
    Haha, if I had to guess I'd say it's the start-up. I love them but all the free food combined with the stress will kill you. We started having a personal trainer come in a couple of times a week at one start up.

I didn't have too much of a problem with recent X-Men until about the time of Battle of the Atom. Part of it is that I've never liked Cyclops so I didn't care what they did with him in AvX and the art in ANXM was incredible. But it only lasted about a dozen or so issues before it was derailed terribly. I hated, HATED the resolution to Battle of the Atom and mostly just find all of it kind of annoying at this point.

Battle of the Atom was the first over-sized X-book that I didn't end up owning. Prologue to Inferno is the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Sousa View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus is any good? Is the storyline good and worth the purchase of the omnibus or stick with the trade paperback? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    It's very good. The Silver Surfer lead-in issues are excellent and it contains Thanos Quest which I honestly think is better than the Gauntlet event itself. A few of the tie-ins are bad (Cloak and Dagger) but they're mostly excellent to decent as well.
    "Here in Latveria, Doom demands that children always get a good night's sleep." - Hickman's New Avengers #23

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    It's very good. The Silver Surfer lead-in issues are excellent and it contains Thanos Quest which I honestly think is better than the Gauntlet event itself. A few of the tie-ins are bad (Cloak and Dagger) but they're mostly excellent to decent as well.
    Honestly, I would probably have paid that price for just the Thanos QUest and IG issues so it is worth it. Ideally they would have dropped more of the tie ins for Infinity War or other Infinity Watch stuff. Infinity Crusade just sucked. I do see a big IW Omni coming before the MCU Avengers 3&4.

Well I just bought Miller's Daredevil, New Avengers, and Deadpool from IST. Thinking about wolverine and the X-Men would you guys recommend that?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor