Page 1110 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 11061010101060110011061107110811091110
Results 16,636 to 16,647 of 16647

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Tighter binding, but aside from that they are pretty much on par. Paper quality is probably a bit better with DC..but it really just comes down to a case by case basis.
    Case by case is probably right, but the quality of the latest Perez Wonder Woman Omnibus blows Marvel out of the water. It has much better quality paper, a stronger binding aaaaand it doesn't have the shitty paper case wrap currently found on all Marvel omnibuses and some DC omnibuses. Instead it has a coated casewrap, making it much more scuff and stain resistant than a cheap paper casewrap. Plus the casewrap has Perez art all over it! It's truly a handsome looking book that puts Marvel's niggardly cost-cutting omnibus line to shame. All this and it only cost $75!!! Marvel would probably charge $125 for a Perez omnibus ($100 if they were feeling generous).

My latest haul from the past couple of months. Im really happy to have found the hc editions of messiah complex, second coming and age of x at extremely decent prices. and finally got untold tales of spiderman and a really go price from the bay as well. Now all i have to get is spider man omnibus vol 2. but now at those outrageous prices they want the book for. hopefully there will be a reprint, maybe around the time Captain America civil war comes out? I know that Spidey is suppose to get make an appearance to hopefully that happens.

Are we sure that the miracleman hardcovers have sewn binding?

Giant-Size Little Marvels: AVX being released as OHC or paperback? Seen it listed as both.

Rookie Member

Does the new Young Avengers by Gillen continue from YA: Children's Crusade or is it a totally new story? First time seeing the cover whenitmatter posted above n realised its almost the same team as the Heinberg one

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    okay, a tiny bit off topic, but how are DC's omnibuses compared to Marvel's? I am sort of eyeing the Justice League silver age vol. 1 omni from them, and would like some thoughts on that.
    That's not an omnibus...it's not hardcover, or oversized.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    That's not an omnibus...it's not hardcover, or oversized.
    Yes, it is. He's talking about the omni collecting the forst appearance of the JLA and some other early adventures.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yes, it is. He's talking about the omni collecting the forst appearance of the JLA and some other early adventures.
    Ah, I was thinking of the this book. I forgot about that one...
    Last edited by mooch; Today at 02:28 PM.

Rookie Member

Quote Originally Posted by FailureByDesign View Post
    Giant-Size Little Marvels: AVX being released as OHC or paperback? Seen it listed as both.
    Looking at the Hachette catalogs, they show the TPB version targeted for October and the HC to follow in February. Two different catalogs, so I suppose the TPB could have been canceled and changed to HC instead - not certain.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I'm saying this here so there are witnesses to hold me to it: There are some major collecting guide updates on the way. There, I've said it.

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Does the new Young Avengers by Gillen continue from YA: Children's Crusade or is it a totally new story? First time seeing the cover whenitmatter posted above n realised its almost the same team as the Heinberg one
    The story does not continue immediately from there, but it does pick up Wiccan and Hulking's thread (which really had not been progressed elsewhere since then). However, it also picks up Loki after Journey Into Mystery, Ms. America Chavez after Vengeance, and Kate Bishop at some point prior or during her run in Fraction's Hawkeye. Plus, Marvel Boy from nowhere!

I really enjoyed Young Avengers, but it's Gillen in straight-up Phonogram / Wicked + Divine Mode with not as much mythology and superheroics as his JIM and Iron Man, respectively.

I think it's safe to consider the Complete Collections of Peter David's X-Factor as good as dead, right?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    I think it's safe to consider the Complete Collections of Peter David's X-Factor as good as dead, right?
    You never know - sometimes Marvel comes out of nowhere with a third volume of a seemingly dead series, as they did with Alpha Flight Classic. Heck, even Deadpool Classic paused for over a year between volumes!

I think if there was some major re-use of the core characters in that run we could see it, and Monet is going to be in Uncanny X-Men this fall. It could happen! (But, if you want to own the series, I wouldn't hold your breath.)
    Last edited by krisis; Today at 06:25 PM.