Page 481 of 481 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481
Results 7,201 to 7,205 of 7205

So I like to look at the collected editions for sale in regular bookstores, like Chapters and Indigo. And I noticed something odd.

Every single copy of The Complete Age of Apocalypse Volume 1 contained the contents of Volume 2. You open it up, and it starts with X-Men Alpha and continues on as if it were volume 2. But the cover says Volume 1, which has things like Tales from the Age of Apocalypse, X-Men Chronicles, X-Man -1 and one of the annuals, and Blink.

I must've found at least 8 copies like this in almost as many stores. I've brought most of them to the front desk to be all "I know this sounds strange, but this book is defective."

Because this problem seems so widespread, I'm wondering if it's worth reporting a batch of misprints to Marvel.

While I understand this is not at all my concern, I feel that the people likeliest to buy a collection book from Chapters is someone who is less familiar with the material (maybe in a year's time they see a trailer for X-Men: Apocalypse and decide to check it out), and so not having the knowledge of what ought to be inside, don't realize they buy a defective book. And then realize their money was wasted when they pick up Volume 2 and it's the same material.

Thoughts?

Are you talking about the Complete AOA book 1 that has this cover?

What issues does it say it contains on the back?

Odd question, but does anyone know the name of these editions? Or does anyone know what other X-Men stories are in this style of trade? I like them enough to collect some more but can't find what they're called or a list of them or anything

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Thanks for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Are you talking about the Complete AOA book 1 that has this cover?

What issues does it say it contains on the back?
    Yea, that's the one. http://www.amazon.ca/X-Men-Complete-...+of+apocalypse

It contains X-Men Chronicles #1-2, Tales From The Age Of Apocalypse: By The Light, X-Man #-1, X-Man Annual 96 , Tales From The Age Of Apocalypse: Sinister Bloodlines, Blink #1-4.

But all of the copies I found at Chapters contained X-Men: Alpha, Astonishing X-Men 1, Amazing X-Men 1, Generation Next 1, etc. The contents of Volume 2.

Thankfully I didn't buy any of these (I own it digitally, though the digital edition lamely omits the two X-Man issues, which were never Comixologized). But I wouldn't want to be someone who tried to buy Volume 1 and didn't get the right material.

I flipped through a copy at a proper comic book store, and that contained the right issues. Maybe it was an older printing (or a newer one). Either way, weird.