Page 293 of 293 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 4395

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    I cannot stress for more people to get onboard with wait for clearance prices.
    And I'd also stress that the clearances probably won't be around like they were last holiday season. But that would just be repeating the entire post I made a couple of days ago. The Hawkeye Omnibus likely isn't going to go on clearance if 1k people buy it in its first month in the direct market and Marvel controls its print run numbers.
    Last edited by kodave; Today at 11:33 AM.

Hey guys still having a little trouble looking at sewn vs glued binding. Anyone know binding age of apocalypse has?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

I can't wait for clearance prices because I rarely see them. I tend to Go with the amazon/chapters online discount. But marvel is going to have to live with me buying less.

I already get less because I don't get many PHCs due to a drop in quality and a reduced line of titles.
    I get less OHCs because I'm waiting for completed runs now and the event ones are getting pricey. Bye bye companions.
    And I think I'll end up getting less omnis since they seems to be running more current series and less classic stuff. Also the price hikes have turned me off.

Dark Horse will get more from me because their books are great and more affordable.
    Fan of Witchblade, The Darkness, Artifacts, The Avengers, X-Men, Deadpool, Wolverine, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Locke and Key and so much more

I just bought the Hawkeye OHC at BAM a few weeks ago on clearance. Wonder why an Omni is being printed if they overprinted the OHC? (Btw, if they don't release OHC Vol 2, I'll just buy the trades. It's not worth it to me.)

I can't wait for clearance sales because I'm from Brazil, and the shipping kills the deal. My best option still is pre-order from amazon, hope to get a good discount, and pay $9.98 for shipping.

After getting (possibly) screwed over with this Hawkeye-won't-get-a-second-OHC thing, my new policy is "no ohcs", save for the ones without a number "1" on the spine.

It is had to wait for clearance when there is no guarantee it will happen.

This whole thing with Hawkeye omnibus/OHC makes me rethink getting the Thor god of thunder OHC that I've been waiting for ages. Give us a Thor GoT Omnibus Marvel!

I prefer the OHC format over Omnis for modern titles (I prefer Omnis over MMW for Golden/Silver Age material as I want the letters pages), so I will happily plod along and pick up the All New X-Men and Thor OHC from IST when they are released to support the format. I'll make a point to grab Daredevil OHCs 2 & 3 with those orders to finish up that series as I have been meaning to do for a while now.

Hey Krisis, you're missing a Hulk TPB in your reading guide.

Incredible Hulk: Pardoned is one of the proto-Epics released in 2012 and collects #269-285 by Bill Mantlo. Also the following TPB, Incredible Hulk: Regression actually DOES include portions of #296, just not the whole issue. They omit pages featuring ROM and instead include text summaries to fill the gaps on the missing pages.

Lastly, the extremely rare 1981 Ideals TPB "Incredible Hulk: The Secret Story of Marvel's Gamma-Powered Goliath" reprints issues 1, 125, and 227.

NOTE: There are similar Ideals "Secret Story" TPBs featuring Spidey, Cap, and FF. See here: http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=...pubid=&PubRng=

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It looks like they did if you look at the Uncanny X-Force omnibus. We (well, most of the forum) think that the omnibi are overpriced now and we actually hope there are many copies left over so that we can get the omni's for lower prices, prices we do find justifyable. The whole point of waiting is that Marvel might lower their prices again. But if a lot of people still buy the overpriced omni's, Marvel will keep raising the price. So we need to, as Gregatron says it, stop sipping the kool aid.
    Just because people buy an omnibus right away doesn't mean they are sipping the kool aid. Maybe they find the price they get online fair enough and just get the book and don't look back worrying about clearance deals. I mean do whatever works for you is all I'm saying here, not trying to take sides with either side of the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    This whole thing with Hawkeye omnibus/OHC makes me rethink getting the Thor god of thunder OHC that I've been waiting for ages. Give us a Thor GoT Omnibus Marvel!
    Yeah I initially pre-ordered then had second thoughts. Going to wait and see how this plays out. I'm a trade-waiter so i'm i'm willing to wait longer.

Quote Originally Posted by ultlife2013 View Post
    Just because people buy an omnibus right away doesn't mean they are sipping the kool aid. Maybe they find the price they get online fair enough and just get the book and don't look back worrying about clearance deals. I mean do whatever works for you is all I'm saying here, not trying to take sides with either side of the argument.
    Well, actually I was just trying to explain where the people were coming from. Just because I'm on a tight budget doesn't mean others can't pay those higher prices
    Last edited by victorxd1999; Today at 03:01 PM.
    Currently reading (aside from singles):
    Animal Man by Morrison(on issue 5): so far, friggin awesome
    Big Damn Sin city (on the 3rd story): so far, intense, confusing at times, odd characters... I love it!
    Solo (on the 4rd artist): so far, very interesting
    Fear agent LE vol 2 (on page 80-ish): so far, as good as vol 1

RIP Superior foes of spider-man! We will miss you

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It looks like they did if you look at the Uncanny X-Force omnibus. We (well, most of the forum) think that the omnibi are overpriced now and we actually hope there are many copies left over so that we can get the omni's for lower prices, prices we do find justifyable. The whole point of waiting is that Marvel might lower their prices again. But if a lot of people still buy the overpriced omni's, Marvel will keep raising the price. So we need to, as Gregatron says it, stop sipping the kool aid.
    Somebody on the old CBR Omnibus/OHC forums once quoted Tom Brevoort basically telling shareholders that Marvel fans are suckers who will pay anything Marvel asks for their product IIRC. Which one of you was it and do you still have the quote? Anyway, Marvel has shown us time and again in the last few years that they're willing to test their customers' willingness to be bled. Cheaper paper, higher prices, lower page counts you name it--all while other companies like Dark Horse, Fantagraphics, and IDW continue to deliver a better quality product at a better price. As long as people buy the product, Marvel is willing to try to squeeze a little more profit out of each and every book. So long as people keep buying them up they'll keep on raising the prices and lowering the page counts and costs of building the books--which results in cheaper paper and more defects in workmanship from cheap Chinese labor.

If people would only refuse to buy substandard and/or overpriced product or at least wait until a clearance (if there is one), then Marvel bean counters would finally be sent the economic message they've pushed too far with their pricing schemes. But if you guys like the feeling of being bled dry, then go ahead and place your pre-orders for those 550-page $100 omnibuses with the cheap paper and paper boards that get all marred and fingerprinted while you read them. Me, I've got a huge backlog of books I can read while waiting for the next reasonably priced book and I like beer or a fine scotch--not the koolaid they're serving.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    I just bought the Hawkeye OHC at BAM a few weeks ago on clearance. Wonder why an Omni is being printed if they overprinted the OHC? (Btw, if they don't release OHC Vol 2, I'll just buy the trades. It's not worth it to me.)
    Overprinting and sales aren't the same thing. The Hawkeye OHC could have sold 1 million copies, but if Marvel stupidly printed 2 million copies, then they've got to clearance those out at some point once the market for buying that book has died out.

In fact the Hawkeye OHC moved a massive 3,632 copies in November 2013, ranking in at #10 on the direct market charts. The OSHC came back in January 2014 to make a dent with another 387 copies moved. All while the first two TPBs continued to sell well.

So Hawkeye has definitely been a great seller in trade, both TPB and OSHC. There is an Omnibus market out there for sure no matter how many people here decided to take a stand this time.

Marvel may have overprinted the OSHC book despite it's big sales. Perhaps they over-estimated how long it would keep selling like hot cakes. Perhaps they still had the employee in place that was responsible for overprinting everything Marvel has had to remainder out.

As I said before the last time I explained this type of situation, if Marvel contains/limits the print run of the Omnibus, it won't be at risk of hitting the clearance pile at all. And while the increased price tag of the Omnibus might be part gouging customer's pockets, it could also be partly Marvel trying to make up for what might be a smaller print run than they had done in their overprinting days.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    That sort of thinking is what held me off from buying book 2 and 3 of Waids Daredevil. I figured it would get an omnibus treatment, but now i"m not so certain